What Will You Choose If You Win The Moogle Bonanza? ^.^

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » what will you choose if you win the moogle bonanza? ^.^
what will you choose if you win the moogle bonanza? ^.^
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-01-28 13:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank1: Money, I'll level up another craft or something to kill time
Rank 2: Either homam corazza or Herald's Gaiters... leaning towards gaiters to sell~
Rank 3: Homam cosciales
Rank 4:Maybe one of the ingots, get a gobbie bag done >:3
Rank 5: Shadow lord statue :D~
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-28 13:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Is Ninian from Fire Emblem or somewhere else?

Fire Emblem. ^^

A girl who's good at FFXI and has good taste in games? I'm smitten. Yahyah I know Thorny would kill me etc. Suitable you have DNC75!
 Asura.Leyla
user: leylaz
By Asura.Leyla 2010-01-28 13:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

im aware that part of that money goes into the reward itself but the fact is ppl are gonna collect cash prizes. Spending is spending and it will cause some money to circulate regardless.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-28 13:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leyla said:
Ok well the person that wins the rank 1 and chooses the cash prize is def. putting money bk in the game economy. if theres 70-something winners like in the past, chances are theres 2-3 ppl on each server winning rank 1. IF they take cash prize thats an extra 80 mill out of nowhere. I suppose if you where smart you would just take the n-sash and sell it. :)
Thats not true.

The gil never went away.

All the gil used for the lottery is stuck on some character right now, just waiting to pay people out.

Lets assuming the following assumptions:

100 people on all servers win rank 1.
Rank 1 is worth 100 million gil each.
Therefore, the total revenue that the character collected from the lottery sales is 20 billion (100,000,000 x 100 (winners) x 2 (since 50% of the gil winnings go to rank 1 gil alone, that means that half of the total gil received goes to rank 1, so you mulitply the total gil for rank 1 by 2)).

Ok, everyone still with me? 20,000,000,000 gil was collected from the lottery, and 10,000,000,000 goes to rank 1 winners, and since there are 100 winners, 100,000,000 gil each winner.

Now, if one of the winners picks something except gil, that gil that would have gone to the winner instead doesn't. The gil itself doesn't get divided among the remaining winners (99 people doesn't recieve an extra 1,010,101 gil because the 1 person picked something else) so the 100 million gil gets taken out of circulation (in this case, deleted).

This doesn't create wealth (because wealth does not equal retraction of money) but causes a decline of the actual value of gil, meaning ***will just become more expensive since there isn't that much gil out there today as there was yesterday.

I hope people understand this concept though.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Thanquol
Server: Pandemonium
user: Thanquol
By Pandemonium.Thanquol 2010-01-28 13:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 1 - Ninurta's Sash
Rank 2 - Duelist's Chapeau
Rank 3 - Nashira Seraweels
Rank 4 - Moldavite Earring
Rank 5 - Shadow Lord Statue

I got lucky on the last Bonanza, I got all three statues on my main character. I had 3 balls finishing with the same number, and it was the winning number. This time I made sure to have all different last numbers, so I will get the Shadow Lord Statue, unless I get a bigger prize with the winning combination.

I'm not into getting items to sell, I figure I can always farm a little bit more to get the extra gil.

It would be funny if I got the Duelist's Chapeau, because I never entered Dynamis before.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-28 13:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Thanquol said:
It would be funny if I got the Duelist's Chapeau, because I never entered Dynamis before.

Kindof a waste of a Rank 2 to be honest.

Any relic armor is easy to obtain, you just got to put in the effort to get it. Since Dynamis Xarc isn't really a hard goal (usually can get it in a month, if you join an established shell), getting in there and spamming it would show a RDM hat twice a month at least, depending on your kill values (meaning how many mobs you kill per run) and the number of people actually going for RDM.

Less than a year is easy.
[+]
 Asura.Leyla
By Asura.Leyla 2010-01-28 13:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

srsly i spammed xarc 3-4 times a month for over a year never saw rdm hat once. some ls have the luck some dont. the ls i was in had 5-7 ppl /seacomming rdm hat too. with my lotting im sol id take a rdm hat as my rank 2 prize anyday
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-28 13:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you solo, it's pretty much amazing anyway. If you don't, I wouldn't sweat it. Just use Vermy :p
[+]
 Pandemonium.Thanquol
By Pandemonium.Thanquol 2010-01-28 13:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Kindof a waste of a Rank 2 to be honest. Any relic armor is easy to obtain, you just got to put in the effort to get it. Since Dynamis Xarc isn't really a hard goal (usually can get it in a month, if you join an established shell), getting in there and spamming it would show a RDM hat twice a month at least, depending on your kill values (meaning how many mobs you kill per run) and the number of people actually going for RDM. Less than a year is easy.

I understand that. If I had the time I would join a Dynamis LS. It's just that I don't have the time to join yet another end game event. I already do Einherjar twice a week, and Sky twice a week. Adding other event would just get in the way of my RL activities, like family (pregnant wife and 2 year old son), playing hockey, and of course work.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-28 13:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Kindof a waste of a Rank 2 to be honest. Any relic armor is easy to obtain, you just got to put in the effort to get it. Since Dynamis Xarc isn't really a hard goal (usually can get it in a month, if you join an established shell), getting in there and spamming it would show a RDM hat twice a month at least, depending on your kill values (meaning how many mobs you kill per run) and the number of people actually going for RDM. Less than a year is easy.
I understand that. If I had the time I would join a Dynamis LS. It's just that I don't have the time to join yet another end game event. I already do Einherjar twice a week, and Sky twice a week. Adding other event would just get in the way of my RL activities, like family (pregnant wife and 2 year old son), playing hockey, and of course work.
In your case I would understand then.

But in the general sense, since most people don't have the hectic lifestyles as you, then yeah.

But then again, this is all assuming that you win rank 2.

Odds are very favorable that you won't.
[+]
 Asura.Leyla
By Asura.Leyla 2010-01-28 13:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i need to quit wishing ill prolly win rank 5. in reality with my hectic life i need to accept ill never have time to earn a rdm hat lol
 Pandemonium.Thanquol
By Pandemonium.Thanquol 2010-01-28 13:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, you're right. I think we are getting ahead of yourselves here. This Rank 2 has not been won yet, LOL.
 Hades.Tetsuiga
Server: Hades
user: msweet123
By Hades.Tetsuiga 2010-01-28 13:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I would actually consider the AV GK. Simply because I rarely play anymore anyways.

Rank 2 is a definite V-belt.

Rank 3 would be either Hauteclaire or Homam.

Rank 4 Behe hide...hold it for a week or 2 after the flood on AH.

Rank 5 a faffles statue...hehe
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-28 13:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tetsuiga said:

Hold it for more than a month, if you want to get your full bang for your buck.

[+]
 Hades.Tetsuiga
user: msweet123
By Hades.Tetsuiga 2010-01-28 14:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Hades.Tetsuiga said:

Hold it for more than a month, if you want to get your full bang for your buck.

My short attention span and lack of playtime would cause me to forget I even had it if I waited a month XD
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-28 14:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Is Ninian from Fire Emblem or somewhere else?

Fire Emblem. ^^

A girl who's good at FFXI and has good taste in games? I'm smitten. Yahyah I know Thorny would kill me etc. Suitable you have DNC75!

Hahahaha, at least you know he'd kill you! But yes, Fire Emblem is awesome and I haaaad to name myself Ninian after finding out FFXI had DNC as a class. I originally played back in like 2005 and had to quit, so it was really exciting to find out.
 Asura.Leyla
By Asura.Leyla 2010-01-28 14:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i regret not getting b.hide last year, i was afraid they would flood the market and loose value. about 1-2 months later they recovered value and i was kicking myself with the kroma i still couldnt sell for 400k...
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2010-01-28 15:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Gil
2. Herald's Gaiters or Argute Mortarboard
3. Seveneyes or Argute Gown
4. Something to sell on AH.
5. Adamantoise Statue

At least guaranteed the statue.
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-01-28 15:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
I choose: Inventory 10 :D

{Yes Please} :D

On a serious note... umm... my choices.

Rank 1: Mog Bonanza Kupon A: Ninurta's Sash.
Rank 2: Velocious Belt.
Rank 3: Lot of good choices... torn between Homam Cosciales, a Star Sapphire or Hermes' Sandals.
Rank 4: Behemoth Hide
Rank 5: Shadowlord Statue

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Ultimatrunks
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Ultimatrunks 2010-01-28 15:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok why would anyone choose KC(which takes long to sell) or gil as Rank1 prize who is not completely impatient?

Obviously, there's tons of people who are looking to buy Ninurta's Sash or Futsuno Mitama for a MUCH higher price than the aproximate 100m Gil prize.

Also, on my server, Star sapphire sells for much more than imperial wootz ingot. Do the crafters a favor, get those. If you consider that a big % of the R4 winners will choose a Khroma ore, the Wootz ingot price will fall even more. Do yourself and the crafters a favor and get the sapphire!
As for R2, there's no prize that can compete with 15m of Herald's gaiters. I've seen multiple vbelts going for 2-5(even though that is the exception). On top of that, most people would be better off using that 15m to upgrade other gear over 2% haste over swift.
Otherwise, I agree, 15m / Vbelt versus 45m for Speed belt is an easy decision.

If you have problems deciding which prize to choose, check ffxiah Wanted List and Bazaar. You will often find some items going for a much lower price than a Gil prize of the same rank.

1. Ninurta's / Futsuno
2. Herald's (vbelt)
3. Star Sapphire/gear if it's not on mule
4. Behemoth hide/khroma

Anything else would be close to nonsense. Af2 you can buy for 2-5m of most LS if you need that. So choosing AF2 as R2 is not an option unless you really can't ever join dyna.
[+]
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2010-01-28 16:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimatrunks, you do make a good point. If I did win, I may just follow your suit. Thanks! ^_^
 Cerberus.Inglorion
Server: Cerberus
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-01-28 16:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 Ultimatrunks
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-01-28 16:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1.- Nsash then sell
2.- Vbelt
3.- Sapphire
4.- honestly IDK
5.- Shadow lord statue
 Hades.Phe
user: Phe
By Hades.Phe 2010-01-28 16:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

another haute!! DW hautes!!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-01-28 16:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Trunks:
WTF is up w/ cerb that v belts are selling for 2m?
 Hades.Ustav
user: Ustav
By Hades.Ustav 2010-01-29 00:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninurta Sash
 Garuda.Sheila
Server: Garuda
user: Valkyrie
By Garuda.Sheila 2010-01-29 00:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nintura sash also...or a relic. I've always wanted the horn for Bard...haha then again maybe not because I would be stuck on the job forever!
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-29 00:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 1: Futsuno Mitama or N. Sash to sell, depending on the gil prize.
Rank 2: Assassin's Armlets or Herald's Gaiters, unsure which.
Rank 3: Trotter Boots or Hauteclaire.
Rank 4: Probably a Behe Hide.
Rank 5: Shadow Lord Statue.
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2010-01-29 01:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the mog bonanza ended at the beginning of january?