Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Software
FFXI Software
 Diabolos.Holland
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Holland
By Diabolos.Holland 2010-01-27 12:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just called up and got my account back. Now I realized I do not have the installation CD's here with me at college and had deleted the backups I had on my recovery drive. Since I already purchased the codes for all the expantions all I need is the idk what to call it, the files? If I download the trial will everything be available when its done updating or is the trial just a portion of the game? Is there anywhere to download the game if this is the case? I cant download torrents here either its too risky.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-27 12:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The trial version is just that...the trial.

It's not the full game.

The full game with all expansion packs can be purchased for like 20 bucks. If you can't find it in a store, you can purchase it on Steam.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-27 12:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5209870/Final_Fantasy_XI_%28FFXI%29_Collection_2008_and_Vista_POL

Torrent uploaded by me back in December.

Edit: Not sure if you ninja edited that last line in, but my bad.

What do you mean by 'too risky'?

Edit2: Downloading this particular torrent isn't illegal if you think of it like your backup (last I read up on my copyright laws). The entire reason I uploaded it in the first place (older version couple years back) was for people whose discs were jacked up, lost, etc.
 Diabolos.Holland
By Diabolos.Holland 2010-01-27 12:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposedly this college is really strict or something when it comes to limewire and torrents. I just dont want to end up with any problems >.<. Guess im going to have to just find it somewhere in the mall or wait to go back home.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-27 12:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Holland said:
Supposedly this college is really strict or something when it comes to limewire and torrents. I just dont want to end up with any problems >.<. Guess im going to have to just find it somewhere in the mall or wait to go back home.
I'm assuming you're using a laptop? If so just find some cafe with good internet and download it. I'd recommend starting with the first folder so you can at least do things within the main game first.

When I reinstalled FFXI on my laptop, I only did expansions as I needed them. This cut back my update time.
 Diabolos.Holland
By Diabolos.Holland 2010-01-27 12:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow yeah your right I suppose I could do that. I recall being able to find some of the expantions untorrented ( Just DTD ) for the users who purchased it for other consoles before the PC. Imma look for this and then attempt to download at a cafe and if worse comes to worse I see they sell it for 20$ DTD on FFXI website.

What exactly are the limitations of the free trial is it just the original FFXI without any expantion areas? Or is is like you can only access like the starter cities? I may try to download it and see how it goes.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-27 12:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Holland said:
Wow yeah your right I suppose I could do that. I recall being able to find some of the expantions untorrented ( Just DTD ) for the users who purchased it for other consoles before the PC. Imma look for this and then attempt to download at a cafe and if worse comes to worse I see they sell it for 20$ DTD on FFXI website.

What exactly are the limitations of the free trial is it just the original FFXI without any expantion areas? Or is is like you can only access like the starter cities? I may try to download it and see how it goes.
It's FFXI without the expansions if I'm not mistaken. No limitations on the account. I used a trial to start my second account years ago.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-27 12:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's FFXI without Zilart and above. Or it might be FFXI with Zilart but no CoP and above. I don't remember.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-27 12:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
I think it's FFXI without Zilart and above. Or it might be FFXI with Zilart but no CoP and above. I don't remember.
Yeah, for some reason I was thinking it included Zilart.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-27 12:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just .rar it into 200 parts and feed them onto a filesharing site like rapidshare.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-01-27 16:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Holland said:

D2D limits the number of times you can download the software, so if you reformat, get a new computer, etc you're eventually going to have to pay to download it again. Additionally, I have never heard anyone say something good about the service.

To contain any possible fanboying and rambling on my part I will restrict my statement thusly: Steam is awesome and doesn't restrict how many times you can download the software, you should use it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23390/
 Diabolos.Holland
By Diabolos.Holland 2010-01-27 16:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I just went out and bought the ultimate collection for 20$. Thanks for everybodys help though.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-01-27 16:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Holland said:

If your on your Laptop and not the schools computer there is no way for them to tell whats your dling. They probably mean that you can't put the limewire or torrent programs on school computer's becuse of the viruses. This has nothing to do with you plugging the ethernet wire into your laptop and dling the torrent directly to your laptop. lol
 Siren.Ashkente
Server: Siren
user: Ashkente
By Siren.Ashkente 2010-01-27 16:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You all are aware that if the account already has access to every expansion, you can just dload the 'trial', and the POL servers will patch the rest to your pc/360/ps2 right?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-27 17:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ashkente said:
You all are aware that if the account already has access to every expansion, you can just dload the 'trial', and the POL servers will patch the rest to your pc/360/ps2 right?
That is incorrect. That didn't happen for my account.