Forum » FFXI » General » Security Token Question
Security Token Question
 Diabolos.Holland
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Holland
By Diabolos.Holland 2010-01-27 09:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So...Maybe 4 months ago I decided I wanted to quit FFXI. I took my token and smashed it between the door hinges and then ran it under water. Now recently ive been getting so stressed in school I just want to play again to take my mind off things. What should I do? I did manage to save the sticker that was on the back of the old token, im hoping that this will somehow make it easier for me to get my account back. Does anybody know what I will need so I can gather the information before I call them ect. Will I be able to play before recieving the new token? Thanks...
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-27 09:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Same info you used to register your account and a phone call to SE. It this point they're the only ones to disable the one-time password since you cannot gain one from the token.
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Carbuncle
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-01-27 09:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You can deactivate the token and login without using it. You do that the same way you activated it I think (never did it, so not sure). Check SE's website for details.

Edit: Listen to Lilbusta :P
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-27 09:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
In the FAQs about Square Enix Security Token:
Quote:
Q What do I do if my security token is lost or broken?

A Please contact the Information Center immediately. As soon as we have confirmed that you are the account holder, we will remove the security token settings from your account.

yeah, better wait till FF14. You'll be waiting FOREVER!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-27 09:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dameshi said:
You can deactivate the token and login without using it. You do that the same way you activated it I think (never did it, so not sure). Check SE's website for details.

Edit: Listen to Lilbusta :P

You need the token to deactivate it. They prompt you for the one time password before they allow you to unconnect it to your account.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Server: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2010-01-27 10:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, there are people still waiting for their 1st token to arrive ><