WTF
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Dalimar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: bond00745
By Bismarck.Dalimar 2010-01-27 02:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid question, and ill prolly get stupid answers, but why is it that idiot players always seem to either have all the luck, get help with everything, get millions in hand outs, and generally leech off everyone, yet hard working people get hosed? Not talkin bout myself in either regard, but its just an observation ive made on my server. It's kinda like my own personal WTF....... lol Anyone else but me notice this mystery?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-27 02:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They are either girls or guys willing to pretend to be girls like Tifalockhartt formally on Bahamut server. They will cyber, send pix, talk on aim, and basically suck a fat *** to succeed at this worthless game.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-27 02:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In before 'Point Systems'.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-27 02:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Lol. I have a friend that quit the game after realizing how corrupt some lss points systems are. Like how a certain large ls on my server got every dark ixion the first month or 2 it came out and how only the ls leaders were allowed to bid on it... oh yeah and how there points rarely went down ever even though they pretty much bid on everything.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-27 02:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not just in game, its in r/l as well. The more of an *** you are, the more girls yu get, the better job offers, and so on.

Never pays off to be the nice guy, or very rarely does anyway.
[+]
 Valefor.Eirinne
Server: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-01-27 08:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree with the above. It's a fact of life. The more of an *** you are, the more you will succeed. It's sad really. Some of the best players I know are superb jerks. They do anything to get items no matter who they screw over and most just cast a blind eye to it and say oh well. ON the flip side, if you are a good person, help people out, give gear, ect,...you MUST be trying to buy friends and are of COURSE just trying to look good, huh? Yeah. People can be idiots.

I guess the lesson is, to be the coolest, screw over as many people as humanly possible and boast constantly. That way you'll be 1337 in a videogame, which of course matters much in the grand scheme of things.

...yeahhhh....
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-27 08:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:

Was in a dyna ls where a bad RDM had like 400 points. Was just going to drop them all on relic hat/body. So he was going to get one of the best items a RDM can get, and he thinks that White tathlum > HQ staves
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-27 08:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Eirinne said:
I guess the lesson is, to be the coolest, screw over as many people as humanly possible and boast constantly.

I didn't screw anyone over at all.

I used to boast, but I didn't screw anyone to be what I am today.

I would like to think that I'm better than most, but since there isn't a matrix of statistical observation (in other words, there isn't a way to measure it) its impossible to rank who is better than who in this game.

FFXIAH.com tries, but unfortunally fails to account for talent in their ranking system.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-27 08:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Thats not just in game, its in r/l as well. The more of an *** you are, the more girls yu get, the better job offers, and so on.

I don't think this is true,

*** get a lot of drunk *** at the bar and get absolute ***/tards for girlfriends

That's fine with me
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-27 08:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

*** get a lot of drunk *** at the bar and get absolute ***/tards for girlfriends
Ah, but they're usually the hottest ones.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-27 08:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Ah, but they're usually the hottest ones.

This is true :(
 Valefor.Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-01-27 08:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

a couple of LS we were in had leaders that did that. They bid on absolutely everything regardless of how little they needed it. They would say things to make you join and promises on how they would work to help you, get gear ect then when it was your turn finally after months of hard work and points gained...to just take it from you. when you would get upset about it you were told to stop whining,that you'd get the next one, then were expected to of course be there for the next run to go through it all over again. bleh. its why my friends and I formed the LS we did. just got fed up with that stuff. however.....people in the shell cry because you have more points than they do, (although you show up to every single run and they don't)...they are mad because they think they should have an item, so you bite your lip, play the good guy, and it drops! so they get it, and leave the game after taking it and your sky pops with them.

I'm telling ya, there's just no winning ^^
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-27 08:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Eirinne said:
a couple of LS we were in had leaders that did that. They bid on absolutely everything regardless of how little they needed it. They would say things to make you join and promises on how they would work to help you, get gear ect then when it was your turn finally after months of hard work and points gained...to just take it from you. when you would get upset about it you were told to stop whining,that you'd get the next one, then were expected to of course be there for the next run to go through it all over again. bleh. its why my friends and I formed the LS we did. just got fed up with that stuff. however.....people in the shell cry because you have more points than they do, (although you show up to every single run and they don't)...they are mad because they think they should have an item, so you bite your lip, play the good guy, and it drops! so they get it, and leave the game after taking it and your sky pops with them.

I'm telling ya, there's just no winning ^^

/comfort
Such is life in an MMO

[+]
 Valefor.Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-01-27 08:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
/comfort
Such is life in an MMO

too true.
 Asura.Poupee
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-01-27 08:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

this is why i dont reallyt do endgame
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-27 08:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
this is why i dont reallyt do endgame

I stopped. Trying to have fun with a group of people who just want to gear *** makes me wanna bang my head against the wall.

[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-27 09:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Eirinne said:
Lots of text

That's really the biggest reason I left Valefor. If you wanted help then you had to be in their LS otherwise you had to pay for them to merc. Most of the people sat around WG having a /shout party with other players about the dumbest things and then claim to be bored. I could really say that roughly 75-80% of the people on that server are "elitist" jackasses. What really pushed me to leave before CoP was done was a LS that said you cannot be in another LS, not even a dyna LS unless it was their dyna group. Really? So I cannot do any self progression because all my time needs to be spent doing CoP until done? >.> stupid tools.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-27 09:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Make your own shells and stop whining about endgame.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-27 09:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

end-game turns a lot of people into sniveling, power hungry turd suckers (true story)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xedal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dalight
By Quetzalcoatl.Xedal 2010-01-27 09:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
end-game turns a lot of people into sniveling, power hungry turd suckers (true story)

Totally agree.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-27 09:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

I disagree. It does nothing of the sort. End-game just brings out people's true colours, so if they weren't sniveling, power hungry turd suckers in the first place, they wouldn't be like it when they started doing end-game.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-27 09:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

I disagree. It does nothing of the sort. End-game just brings out people's true colours, so if they weren't sniveling, power hungry turd suckers in the first place, they wouldn't be like it when they started doing end-game.

The game in general shows peoples true colours. If someone is scum in game, I'd be willing to bet they're scum in real life as well, but likely too cowardly to show it.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-27 09:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

The game in general shows peoples true colours. If someone is scum in game, I'd be willing to bet they're scum in real life as well, but likely too cowardly to show it.

True enough, but there are varying degrees of seriousness between Dynamis, HNM, etc, and doing Bastok 2-2, for example. Endgame simply requires people to be more dilligent and focused, which is when most trouble arises.

I have nothing against casual players, I myself only really have that "focused" head on during events... But blaming endgame because we personally make the choice not to want to focus that much is a bit harsh.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-27 10:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are still generalizing that all endgame shells (and to the extent, leaders) are all bad people.

You are all stating that people who run endgame are general ***, and thats why they got their gear and ***, from screwing over harder working members.

Some cases (notice the bolded "Some") are true, but that does not equal all or most cases.

Not everyone is evil, although we are an evil animal in general.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-27 10:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis LS i'm in right now isn't like that
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-27 10:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
You guys are still generalizing that all endgame shells (and to the extent, leaders) are all bad people.

You are all stating that people who run endgame are general ***, and thats why they got their gear and ***, from screwing over harder working members.

Some cases (notice the bolded "Some") are true, but that does not equal all or [/b]most[/b] cases.

Not everyone is evil, although we are an evil animal in general.

I've been in 2 endgame shells really, both of which were nearly ruined because the leader was gear whoring for his in-game girlfriend.

There are a few exceptions, but in my experience, most endgame leaders are tools.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-27 10:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You can tell alot about the personality of a leader by 2, maybe 3 events.

Yeah, they change, and thats when you leave.

But the longest lasting endgame shells are the ones who are the most fair.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-27 10:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
But the longest lasting endgame shells are the ones who get the most drops.

Fixed.
[+]
First Page 2