Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-25 18:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD/WHM/SCH or BRD/WHM/BLM I guess depending on what you're doing would be nice.

DNC/NIN/BLU DNC/NIN/DRG (if the subjob earring activated) hell, even DNC/NIN/WHM would be pretty nifty for status heals when needed.... DNC/NIN/WAR could tank or DDharder... sooo many combinations...

Asura.Ryanryu
Server: Asura
user: Ryanryu
By Asura.Ryanryu 2010-01-25 18:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yep, SE should try it out even temperarily it would be like playing a new game.
 Asura.Twotones
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Twotones 2010-01-25 19:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a good idea but lets face it if SE did do that everybody would complain because not enough macro space or line or something.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-01-25 19:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

THF/NIN/RNG the ultimate camper.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-25 19:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

blu/pld/nin tank. 1 stun 2 flashes several sleep spells and still get Ichi.

rdm/brd/cor. Ultimate buffer.

rdm/nin/sch. Get highest enfeebling for kiting while keeping both utsesmi and get to keep high dark/elemental with dark arts allowing for less resist and higher bio dot.

Or rdm/sch/nin. You lose Ni though half the time I don't really need it but you gain drain/aspir and enough dark skill to actually pull them off.

Of course blm/rdm/sch. I only use sub sch for the dark arts and parsimony generally anyways. And only don't do it when I really need the grav/blink/stoneskin

sub sub drg on anything for free 5% haste earring
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-01-25 19:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

bst/nin/war RAWR!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-25 19:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah almost forgot.

Thf/nin/rng for my Relic dagger/random multihit weapon (Kclub preferred of course) tp gain combo to actually have a use with culverin+1 slug shot spammage.
 Asura.Ryanryu
By Asura.Ryanryu 2010-01-25 20:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lazuras said:

tru but u only get wide scan 1 im sure.
Asura.Twotones said:
Thats a good idea but lets face it if SE did do that everybody would complain because not enough macro space or line or something.

hahaha yes thats very right but thats also the human factor, no matter how much we have got we still want more and to complain about something.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-25 20:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryanryu said:
Phoenix.Lazuras said:
tru but u only get wide scan 1 im sure.
rng gets WideScan II at lvl 1. Though if you are fine with widescan I thf/nin/bst would make even better camper if there is competetion or for harder stuff.

Instant claim tool. Or use a pet to help you kill.
 Asura.Ryanryu
By Asura.Ryanryu 2010-01-25 20:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[/quote] rng gets WideScan II at lvl 1. Though if you are fine with widescan I thf/nin/bst would make even better camper if there is competetion or for harder stuff. Instant claim tool. Or use a pet to help you kill.[/quote]

wow i cant believe i forgot that, being away from the game 4 2 years hurts lol
 Pandemonium.Raudy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Raudy
By Pandemonium.Raudy 2010-01-25 23:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

sort of unrelated, but what if you could acquire an ammo slot item that gives you the use of all your subjobs abilities and traits (but not stats). for example war/nin with duel wield IV. these items could be job specific as well. meaning you'd have to get each one for each subjob. you'd also be limited to the abilities/traits of the level of the subjob. so youd have to level subjobs to 75, or lower levels based on the abilities you want.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-26 00:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Would that include wss? What about spells since mages don't get much jas and of course skill to actually make them work? Could be horribly broken either way lol
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-01-26 02:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU/DNC/SCH or BLU/NIN/THF
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-01-26 03:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM/NIN/BLU would be pretty broken :p
 Bahamut.Duderson
Server: Bahamut
user: Duderson
By Bahamut.Duderson 2010-01-26 03:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

drg/sam/war would decimate colibri even more
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-26 03:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:

I kinda disagree. rdm/nin kinda survives on not being hit with utsesmi down often and cocoon wont do much especially against mobs you need utsesmi for.

It's nice for helping get say ep/dcs and some EMs down low enough that phalanx will cover it and help getting even T/VT lvl mobs down to something reasonable but stronger mobs and nms will still hit you for a ton when they get thru utsesmi. A pld/nin would still have more survivability then you then.

If you are looking to blood tank most likely better off with pld or war or even dnc instead of nin as your other subjob. If your kiting /sch /blm would help more then /blu would.

I mean it helps but not enough I'd call it broken. Also the 1 min duration makes it a bit of a hassle to keep up especially when most casts it wont see any use at all if you are doing rdm/nin wrong.
 Asura.Ryanryu
By Asura.Ryanryu 2010-01-26 06:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
I kinda disagree. rdm/nin kinda survives on not being hit with utsesmi down often and cocoon wont do much especially against mobs you need utsesmi for. It's nice for helping get say ep/dcs and some EMs down low enough that phalanx will cover it and help getting even T/VT lvl mobs down to something reasonable but stronger mobs and nms will still hit you for a ton when they get thru utsesmi. A pld/nin would still have more survivability then you then. If you are looking to blood tank most likely better off with pld or war or even dnc instead of nin as your other subjob. If your kiting /sch /blm would help more then /blu would. I mean it helps but not enough I'd call it broken. Also the 1 min duration makes it a bit of a hassle to keep up especially when most casts it wont see any use at all if you are doing rdm/nin wrong.

i totally agree wiv this statement having BLU as the as the third job is only good for cocoon and thats a last resort considering RDM/NIN is a job specifically made to not get hit.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-26 07:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you need a second sub? To do things that you can already find gear and items for?
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-01-26 07:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK\SAM\WAR or DRK\SAM\DRG
Berserk or 26% haste, pick one! Would be broken anyways :P
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-01-26 07:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG/WAR/SAM!
 Asura.Ryanryu
By Asura.Ryanryu 2010-01-26 08:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Machiaveli said:
RNG/WAR/SAM!

what good would SAM b at that level? im sure they would only have third eye.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-01-26 08:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

a bit of store tp :p
 Bahamut.Ahura
Server: Bahamut
user: ahuralove
By Bahamut.Ahura 2010-01-26 09:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

bst/blu/nin

i'd personally like that although
bst/drk/nin i'd liek to try ftf
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-26 09:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

While we're discussing things that wouldn't happen... I'd like to see an event like bonanza once a year in which SE implements a number of players ideas (like second subjob or whatever. Wouldn't be worth the hastle for the couple weeks it'd be around but it'd be fun

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-01-26 10:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Deadwing said:
Asura.Ryanryu said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
I kinda disagree. rdm/nin kinda survives on not being hit with utsesmi down often and cocoon wont do much especially against mobs you need utsesmi for. It's nice for helping get say ep/dcs and some EMs down low enough that phalanx will cover it and help getting even T/VT lvl mobs down to something reasonable but stronger mobs and nms will still hit you for a ton when they get thru utsesmi. A pld/nin would still have more survivability then you then. If you are looking to blood tank most likely better off with pld or war or even dnc instead of nin as your other subjob. If your kiting /sch /blm would help more then /blu would. I mean it helps but not enough I'd call it broken. Also the 1 min duration makes it a bit of a hassle to keep up especially when most casts it wont see any use at all if you are doing rdm/nin wrong.
i totally agree wiv this statement having BLU as the as the third job is only good for cocoon and thats a last resort considering RDM/NIN is a job specifically made to not get hit.
Consider, cocoon can get an hnms normal hit down to 55 (no stoneskin) with double minne. Due to Red Mage being able to cap spell interruption rate reduction, with /blu it could not only get every single utsu cast off (which paladin cannot), but also get hit for less than a blocking aegis shield paladin when an hnm was actually able to break stoneskin.

I find this hard to believe
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-01-26 11:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin/dnc/war would be fun.

Rdm/nin/blm for extra dot's and ES would own soloing.

Just to agree Rdm/nin/blu depending on what your soloing as well for cocoon would be awesome.

And for those smn burners out there rdm/pld/blu Autorefresh, defender, cocoon, def boost, on top of composure phalanx, SS, and pro 4 might open up some way higher levels to smn burn at and still be able to solo tank
By Yodaa 2010-01-26 12:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN/SCH/WHM would be sexy soloing, can do SS and blink and still get the effects of LIght Arts!!! Plus MORE MP! /drools!