Is It Worth It?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is it worth it?
Is it worth it?
 Shiva.Antix
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Antix 2010-01-20 05:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it worth it, to Focus on FFXI?

FFIV is coming out soon, I'm a bit sceptical about that.

Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-20 06:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you enjoy playing FFXI? Whatever you answer, it's the same answer to your question.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-20 06:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you still have a good group of people around you and are involved in the aspects of the game that you enjoy then why wouldn't you want to focus on XI?
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-01-20 06:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, too much work put into XI to start over and go to the new.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-20 07:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jax said:
Hell, too much work put into XI to start over and go to the new.
I really hate this mentality, it's a game, not a job. At the end of the day, your "achievements" in FFXI mean ***, they're not going to help you out in any aspect of your life in any way shape or form. On the day you finally decide to stop playing FFXI it should be because you no longer enjoy it (or can no longer afford it).
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-20 08:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a completionist. Because of this I'm pushing to get as much stuff done as I can before the switch to FFXIV. I don't want to leave storyline incomplete most of all.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-01-20 08:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does everything think that the second ff 14 is released ffxi is going to explode. ffxi is still worth it to play if you still enjoy it, its an easy question to answer. Regardless of the fact that 14 doesn't have actual levels or w/e, you will still probally have to grind something thoroughly.

That said, the answer is obvious based upon how you feel about the game.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-01-20 08:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

According to my /playtime, I've played over 300 days. That's not to say much since by most peoples' accounts, after 300 days, they've achieved multiple level 75 jobs, completed Sky, completed Sea, and have attained various equips they have wanted. I, as most might know, have achieved none of that (well, I've achieved getting Sky, but that's about it). So why do I keep on playing? To try and get everything even if it takes me 30 linkshells to do so. My heart and soul lives in that polygonal character, and as such, I'll push myself to get what I both deserve and desire. Anyone who is in a party with me sees how much work I've put into my character, not just equipment-wise but also skill-wise.

I count Refresh timers in my sleep. o.o;