I Want A Server Switch! :C

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I want a server switch! :C
I want a server switch! :C
By Tiaraa 2010-01-19 13:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So right now, it is 7pm GMT time, and I want a party, but wait! theres only 1k people online, and 30something people seeking ; ;

The UK population on Fenrir seems pretty low, I've only met around 5 of them, and tbf, it sucks :L

How many EU people have you met on your servers?
Does anybody know the server with the highest EU population?

On Fenrir i only seem to be able to get parties after 8pm, and because of college, i try to go to bed at 12 every night, which means most nights i only get around 4 hours of exp a night, factor this in with helping people out, and getting helped out myself, i must get a maximum of ~14-16 hours worth of exping a week. I'm not exactly looking for a server with A LOT of EU players, because i think they will be evened out over all of the servers, but i want a server with a fair few people on during GMT times.

I'm not yet 75, so i'm not really looking for a EU endgame ls, but it will be something ill be looking for when i finally reach 75.

Anyone have any suggestions?

{Help me out!}
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-19 13:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiaraa said:
So right now, it is 7pm GMT time, and I want a party, but wait! theres only 1k people online, and 30something people seeking ; ;

The UK population on Fenrir seems pretty low, I've only met around 5 of them, and tbf, it sucks :L

How many EU people have you met on your servers?
Does anybody know the server with the highest EU population?

On Fenrir i only seem to be able to get parties after 8pm, and because of college, i try to go to bed at 12 every night, which means most nights i only get around 4 hours of exp a night, factor this in with helping people out, and getting helped out myself, i must get a maximum of ~14-16 hours worth of exping a week. I'm not exactly looking for a server with A LOT of EU players, because i think they will be evened out over all of the servers, but i want a server with a fair few people on during GMT times.

I'm not yet 75, so i'm not really looking for a EU endgame ls, but it will be something ill be looking for when i finally reach 75.

Anyone have any suggestions?

{Help me out!}

Only 1000?

There's 648 on Garuda atm, lol. To answer your questions, not Garuda.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-19 13:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Only 1000?

There's 648 on Garuda atm, lol. To answer your questions, not Garuda.
1/2 of those are probably bots and bazaars too ;)
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-01-19 13:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandy used to have a really active one, I think it broke though. Don't really remember the name either so...not a spectacular amount of help. We're also one of the least populated servers so...sorry.
 Fairy.Phatdade
Server: Fairy
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2010-01-19 13:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy is a graveyard atm as well.

I ran into a Padfoot, Valkurm Emperor, and Morlborger all in one day, and NO ONE WAS AROUND.

Too bad I don't need the second two and the first one gave me a skin.

To answer your question... not Fairy either.
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-01-19 13:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

1537 online right now on Asura.

2:36pm EST on a Tuesday.
By Tiaraa 2010-01-19 13:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

O.O That sounds amazing!
We only get that when its prime NA time. I know other EU people that have moved to Asura, maybe its the server that could solve my problems.. any downsides to it? I saw a shout in wg the other day by someone who had left Asura because of the lack of ballista, having never tried it, and not being too bothered about it, i dont think that would be a problem. o.O

Still open to any suggestions O:
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-19 13:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiaraa said:
O.O That sounds amazing!
We only get that when its prime NA time. I know other EU people that have moved to Asura, maybe its the server that could solve my problems.. any downsides to it? I saw a shout in wg the other day by someone who had left Asura because of the lack of ballista, having never tried it, and not being too bothered about it, i dont think that would be a problem. o.O

Well Asura has Korpg, approach with caution.
By Tiaraa 2010-01-19 13:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Tiaraa said:
O.O That sounds amazing!

Well Asura has Korpg, approach with caution.

I occasionally read these forums, and i don't think ive read anything bad Korpg has said o.o
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-01-19 13:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing for 16 months, and I haven't seen any real Ballista matches, or any of the other misc. activities. Asura's too heavy on End Game to worry about that stuff.

Few downsides, there's a lot of drama. There will be with any server, but I think Asura's a little more notorious for it. We have our token trolls, too. One of the, if not the largest overall population. Our JP population is pretty decent, too. Yeah, we have a few "JP ONRY"s but, not enough to be a problem.

Our economy is pretty stable compared to most, you can either look at making profit by selling what you had on your server, or buying what's cheaper on Asura most of the time.

Another thing I noticed, life as a DD in Asura is somewhat bland. There's a lot of them. If you come to Asura with a healer or a COR or BRD, you'll be snatched up real quick as far as meripo go.

Again, everyone has their own views. I'm sure some other Asurans will say otherwise or agree with me on most. Continue looking around, it's your money~
By Tiaraa 2010-01-19 14:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My main job is WHM, but ive levelled - or want to level all of the other jobs, maybe being on a server needing WHMs would motivate me to get to 75 faster O: there are loadsa WHMs on Fenrir
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-01-19 14:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard Phoenix is the new big thing....but I dont know <.>
By Tiaraa 2010-01-19 14:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way, going out and meeting new people is something i wanna do, as well as seeing what other servers are like,

do other servers get like, 3 RMT tells an hour like Fenrir? o.o