DC Continuing Xp Chain!?!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » DC continuing xp chain!?!
DC continuing xp chain!?!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-19 02:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So recently soloing in qufim and sometimes while chaining EM/T worms/crabs Ill accidentally get a DC worm. Still get 90 xp from it... but next kill I will get xp chain... Once even chain 4 when the kill before that dc was chain 2. This happening to anyone else?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-19 03:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty much the way it's always been, as long as I can remember. I think if you check wiki for Exp chain, it should say something but it's been that way for years at the least.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-19 03:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Never seen it thought it was always EM and higher. Hmmm guess don't fight much em/dc mix lol
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-19 03:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This happens pretty often to me when I do MMM for exp, when I don't put in Might, getting nothing but DC-T mobs. Long as you can kill fast enough you can keep chains even if a DC gets in the way.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-19 03:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I had it happen a few times when I was leveling BST and that's the last I remember seeing it. And I haven't touched BST in at least a year lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Rocketpop
Server: Fenrir
user: Rocketpop
By Fenrir.Rocketpop 2010-01-19 10:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd wager you managed to kill both that DC and then an EM next within the amount of time needed to continue the chain.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-19 10:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rocketpop said:
I'd wager you managed to kill both that DC and then an EM next within the amount of time needed to continue the chain.
This. I've done it solo on a couple different jobs while slaughtering DCs that get between the Ts.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-01-19 13:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

DC's don't continue a chain but they will start one. You can kill a DC or EP and then kill an EM to get a chain 1. But if you killed a DC and then another DC you'll only get the base exp.
~Tora
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-19 13:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Torazalinto said:
DC's don't continue a chain but they will start one. You can kill a DC or EP and then kill an EM to get a chain 1. But if you killed a DC and then another DC you'll only get the base exp.
~Tora
No seriously last night. And this morning continued chains with DCs. Like kill EM chain2 kill DC nothing. Kill EM chain4
 Seraph.Crunk
Server: Seraph
user: Crunk
By Seraph.Crunk 2010-01-19 13:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Torazalinto said:
DC's don't continue a chain but they will start one. You can kill a DC or EP and then kill an EM to get a chain 1. But if you killed a DC and then another DC you'll only get the base exp. ~Tora

It's not that the DC added to the chain, it was just killed for EXP between the two mobs that contributed to the chain.

You kill an EM and get chain 1, kill a DC and get exp, then kill another EM fast enough to get chain 2 and yes it will keep your chain.