users online
Forum » FFXI » General » getting your acount restored
getting your acount restored
 Bismarck.Coltongrundy
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Coltongrundy 2010-01-18 15:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm for people who have had there account restored how long did it take im goin on like a month now they said a week. How long did it take for you?
[+]
 Fenrir.Rocketpop
Server: Fenrir
user: Rocketpop
By Fenrir.Rocketpop 2010-01-19 10:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll let you know when I restore mine. xP
A week is usually the normal amount, though. They move faster if you bug them a lot.
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-01-19 11:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Coltongrundy said:
Ummm for people who have had there account restored how long did it take im goin on like a month now they said a week. How long did it take for you?

It may take a few days, it may take a few weeks. I know people who have gotten it almost the day after they got hacked, others have had to wait almost a month.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-19 11:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I started in late september and it is still going on today... so yeah.
Fenrir.Rocketpop said:
I'll let you know when I restore mine. xP
A week is usually the normal amount, though. They move faster if you bug them a lot.

And no.. bug them all you won't... it doesn't work.. trust me -_-
 Sylph.Ixe
Server: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-01-19 11:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Call them everday or they put you on th eback burner
It was a month before i started doing that
After I called daily I got it back within 3 days
By Ashitaka 2010-01-19 12:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ixe said:

Called every day for 120+ days now... so it sure isn't the case for me.
 Sylph.Ixe
Server: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-01-19 14:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashitaka said:
Sylph.Ixe said:

Called every day for 120 days now... so it sure isn't the case for me.
speak to a manager >.>
Thats ridiculous
 Cerberus.Sifridus
Server: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2010-01-19 14:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

6 days for me, didn't call every day either. Called after 5 out of curiosity. Friend of mine took him almost 2 weeks w/o calling every day, although his restoration happened closer to the holidays so delays were to be expected. If you've been waiting that long I would seriously ask to speak to a supervisor.
 Bismarck.Coltongrundy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Coltongrundy 2010-01-19 19:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i sent the forum in on jan 2, and nothing *** ***
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-19 19:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine who was hacked had to wait three months for her account back, by which time she'd decided to quit anyway. This seems to be rare, though. I haven't heard of anyone else having to wait this long.

Makes you wonder if SE were levelling a new character up and obtaining all her gear in this time since they didn't have a restore point.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-19 20:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

3 1/2 months. I called everyday after the "2 week" time period they gave me. So, in reality, I called everyday for 3 months straight.

And they didn't even restore it properly. I lost 30 levels of MNK and about 20 crafting levels.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-01-19 22:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

1-2 weeks.

Just ignore people QQ'ing about how long the process was for them (when they're like it took months). That's a minority. And as usual, with any customer service experience feedback, internet only reflects pissed users or people who had such weird case that it took way longer for them than everyone else. So if your case is pretty straight and not some *** like you gave your password to a friend of yours sharing your IP or if you did traveled to China and tried to log XI from there, then yeah 1-2 weeks.

Also I will never understand why people assume that SE do not do their job properly on purpose when it comes to character recovery. Seriously they perfectly know that each character not recovered = 1 customer lost since nobody is gonna keep paying after that...

I can understand that SE fails at stuff such as banning RMT, fixing bugs that have been out for years, etc. etc. But character recovery what the *** ? Think they take request from customer and just stare at them lol'ing and saying "ahaha not gonna restore this mofo, and gonna let him wait for months because we love that" ? Doesn't make any sense. Equation is simple for character recovery : unhappy customer = customer lost.