Forum » FFXI » General » Campaign Union Woes
Campaign Union Woes
 Unicorn.Kaomii
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2010-01-17 08:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I don't campaign often, but when I do, it's nice to lot on the stuff and move on. I'm sure everyone can agree.

Lately, it seems there's ALWAYS one clown who joins the union, then does not lot/pass the stuff after the battle, which forces everybody to waste 5 minutes of their time waiting for stuff to automatically pass.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's rather quite irritating.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
Server: Remora
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-01-17 08:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All the time, It's just those jack *** who are greedy.
 Shiva.Sagagemini
Server: Shiva
user: hagen
By Shiva.Sagagemini 2010-01-17 08:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been like this since the union system was created. One of the reasons i stopped doing Campaign (the other reason being the huge intervals between attacks).

Unicorn.Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2010-01-17 09:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done Campaign since the Unions were released, and if I weren't so desperate to level Blm without actually going to solo stuff (so BORING), I'd keep up the whole "medal stripping" thing.

I mean, it's not fair for the rest of us to fore-go the chance at free items just because there are some inconsiderate people that play the game. At the same time, our time spent is as valuable as anybody elses.

That being said, I fail to see the logic behind being inconsiderate as to make everybody in a union wait for the treasure pool to be auto-distributed before anyone can move onto the next battle/whatever. It certainly isn't hoping enough people leave so they get the loot uncontested, because that would mean lotting in the first place. x.x

Anyway, thank you for the quick responses. XD I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-17 09:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Then don't forego it. Even with the highest medal your xp per hour is capped at like 5k+. So waiting that 5 min which really is probably only more like 4min more than you would've anyways even less if you don't control that area if you could've gotten a fight and if you can stay capped would be like 350 xp at best.

Also soloing pets might be boring but it is easy enough you can watch tv or something while doing it and is really fast.

And keeping up on the medals pretty easy. Pretty much 20k or so in the 5 day period even at the highest medals is enough to get the next one.
 Hades.Hatekhaos
Server: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-01-17 09:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Between waiting for the treasure pool to be distributed and fighting the fortifications waiting for mobs to arrive only to have them not show up campaign sucks hard right now.
I use to campaign all the time took rdm from 60-75 campainging now it takes forever to get a merit..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sunrider
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sunrider
By Ragnarok.Sunrider 2010-01-17 10:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unions irritate me for a couple of reasons, the first being the time wasted in actually selecting one (I got mobs to kill, let's hurry this up)... and heaven help you if you get AoEd during selection. The second being my ***luck--I get outlotted by everyone and their mother.

If I thought it cost me anything more than a bit of time, I wouldn't bother with Unions.
Hades.Hatekhaos said:
Between waiting for the treasure pool to be distributed and fighting the fortifications waiting for mobs to arrive only to have them not show up campaign sucks hard right now.
I use to campaign all the time took rdm from 60-75 campainging now it takes forever to get a merit..
You're shooting yourself in the foot with Offensive Campaigns, since they nerfed Fort exp, it's not much different from sitting and twiddling your thumbs.

It takes longer, but I like to wait a bit in the cities, read the chat for Beastmen movements, and go wherever a Beastmen unit has been dispatched.

That way, I know I'll be there for a full wave (instead of arriving the moment it ends), and I'll actually have something to do other than futilely beating on the fort.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-17 10:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I've gotten a good 5k+ in an offensive campaign that only consisted of about 30min of fighting beastmen.

While you're not gaining much xp beating on forts you are eating up time. And if you can overcap especially by alot just sitting there doing nothing is effectively gaining you xp though not doing much for your AN.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-01-17 10:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Whack-a-fort is a waste of time, since the nerf of fort xp I never went back to it and I actually was attacking SCing and stuff unlike the people that set to attack then afk. My motto now is if the beastmen got it, then they can have it.

Also them douchebags that keep waiting for you to zone so your out of the pool annoy me. I'll wait myself if I'm winning a lot, I'll warp out if losing though no problem but if I'm waiting long on my winning lot cause someone is being a douchebag I start to become vocal, is as bad as someone mob hoarding a campaign mob 10 miles away imo. I can see holding it away from lame npc's but out of all possible sight is just lame and a waste of time too.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-17 11:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops looked back it was actually 6030 xp lol.

Also I hate when I'm trying to solo something or at least tank it and there are like 50 mobs hitting the fort and everytime people come and pull it off me even if I pull it a good minute away.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-17 11:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting irritated over waiting 5 minutes sounds like a waste of energy to me. You wait longer than that for campaign mobs to arrive in the area.
[+]
 Hades.Hatekhaos
Server: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-01-17 12:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The fort is absolutely useless only reason i do it is to build tp once at 300 I stop then wait for mobs to come- or when the transporter and guards are coming just bind Transporter without being seen by guards and kill it.
 Fairy.Spiriel
Server: Fairy
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-01-17 12:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't there something about the pool auto-distributing if someone created or left a party?

Edit: n/m, it impacts the party, not the union.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-17 12:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:
Wasn't there something about the pool auto-distributing if someone created or left a party?
I beleive doing something like that would make you lose your share. Not sure though I always solo
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-01-17 14:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Kaomii said:
which forces everybody to waste 5 minutes of their time waiting for stuff to automatically pass. Has anyone else experienced this? It's rather quite irritating.
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:

As close i am to agreeing with fyyvoaa, i couldnt dissagree more. I do that quite often myself, and for a very specific reason. Any time im in a union, i only lot the items i truly could use and leave the rest to others that might actuly need them. And it would be nice if everyone did that. But everyone is greedy as hell and just automaticly lots on EVERYTHING even if they have no use for it, or simply to sell. Theyre the true greedy ppl. And if their going to pull stunts like that, then im going to make em wait for it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-17 14:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Psh I worked just as hard as anyone else for that stuff. Maybe more. I'm lotting. Needs more gilz to buy me some Herald gaiters
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-01-17 15:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it always purposeful that somebody doesn't lot, or could it just be that somebody without a form of RR is laying dead somewhere? It seems that some still need to wave their epeen in campaign, all the while asking for cures in /shout. (I had somebody ask why i was drk/sch in campaign. 75mp RR if weakened, plus I can cut down the recast of dread spike. makes me self-sufficient)
 Carbuncle.Zitale
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-01-17 15:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
As close i am to agreeing with fyyvoaa, i couldnt dissagree more. I do that quite often myself, and for a very specific reason. Any time im in a union, i only lot the items i truly could use and leave the rest to others that might actuly need them. And it would be nice if everyone did that. But everyone is greedy as hell and just automaticly lots on EVERYTHING even if they have no use for it, or simply to sell. Theyre the true greedy ppl. And if their going to pull stunts like that, then im going to make em wait for it.
It's a little idealist to expect ppls to give up on gil so ppls who'll use will get. There is 10-20 ppls in same union, and there is no way for them to know you need a item to skill-up crafting or such.

Still, you're right saying ppls just lot EVERYTHING ... even item's they'd sell to NPC for 10 gil, while some crafters could get skill-up on it. I used to do that(it's everyone's reflex, because everyone do it before you), and will now pass this kind of items.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-17 15:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xantavia said:
Is it always purposeful that somebody doesn't lot, or could it just be that somebody without a form of RR is laying dead somewhere?
You forfeit your share if you are dead when it ends.

I actually like raising people. Good xp.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-17 15:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zitale said:
Still, you're right saying ppls just lot EVERYTHING ... even item's they'd sell to NPC for 10 gil, while some crafters could get skill-up on it. I used to do that(it's everyone's reflex, because everyone do it before you), and will now pass this kind of items.
Alot of that stuff actually npcs for more than it ahs.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-17 15:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:

So, because I'm not upgrading a relic, I shouldn't lot dynamis currency?

Yea right lol.
 Unicorn.Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2010-01-17 15:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Getting irritated over waiting 5 minutes sounds like a waste of energy to me. You wait longer than that for campaign mobs to arrive in the area.

Yeah, I know that some battles, if you get there soon enough, you're standing around that long waiting for them to arrive. The only difference is that if you arrive 5 minutes earlier, you can get your tags 5 minutes earlier and get exp for buffing or just sitting around with your tags on for 5 minutes. At the very least, you're getting exp for your time.

And for any offensive operations, I gave up on those long ago when I did self skillchains, cast spells, etc on a wall for a good 40 minutes and got a whole 200 exp off it. So I agree with the motto: if the beastmen have it, let em have it. ^^;
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-17 15:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Hatekhaos said:
You're rdm, stand in whitegate, type /inv, and wait. You'll get merits 10x faster that way. Unless you haven't been in a party since pre-60 and don't know how to play your job... oh wait...
Odin.Godofgods said:
So if a 100 dyna currency drops, or a wootz ore or something like that, you'll pass because you're not working on a relic or levelling smithing? While yes, union drops can all be used for something, 99.9% of the drops people get from union are sold, just think of it as gil and lot everything in the pool.

If I'm standing around waiting for someone to lot on the union I /sh {raise} {do you need it?}, and strangely enough that sends the message to htfu and lot, and actually often works as I've just ruined someones excuse for not lotting.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-01-17 16:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Unicorn.Kaomii said:
which forces everybody to waste 5 minutes of their time waiting for stuff to automatically pass. Has anyone else experienced this? It's rather quite irritating.
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:

Its only human, if anything is free, to Lot on everything or take everything. I.E IF a millionaire locally advertised he was throwing it all away, you'd be there like a fly on ***, and be saying to yourself, ima try to get as much as I can, WTF!!! So in retrospect, wtf cares right, about the other guy!!

That's bascially how it goes, sorry for your luck, but if you think you can single one person out, your probably against a whole hoarde of ppl, so getting them to change their minds, is like wanting to get elected, and trying to tell everyone, our the best bet. GOOD LUCK TRYING TO SWAY PPL.. but one good thing, you r point is valid, and yes, I feel your pain. Just do campaign, but opt out of Union!