Forum » FFXI » General » Farming
Farming
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-17 16:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

How does one get multiple 75s and not be done with CoP?
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-17 16:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Easily. No one is willing to help with CoP anymore. And coming from someone who helped 5 separate statics get sea access, I can understand why they don't help.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-17 16:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Easily. No one is willing to help with CoP anymore. And coming from someone who helped 5 separate statics get sea access, I can understand why they don't help.
Meh I see shouts for missions almost everyday that I'm actually in whitegate.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-17 16:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Well yea, people can shout for help. That doesn't mean help will come to them.

But whatever, that's not what the topic is about.

If I were truly in a pinch for gil, I know where to go farm, and up until a month ago, my 2 75 jobs were Bard and White Mage...not exactly good farming jobs. (Now I have Dark Knight)

It amazes me how people still don't know how to farm.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-17 17:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Well yea, people can shout for help. That doesn't mean help will come to them.

But whatever, that's not what the topic is about.

If I were truly in a pinch for gil, I know where to go farm, and up until a month ago, my 2 75 jobs were Bard and White Mage...not exactly good farming jobs. (Now I have Dark Knight)

It amazes me how people still don't know how to farm.

Yeah, it's surprising to see people still stuck on CoP missions, but this late in the game, kinda hard to find people to help you go through it. Though in your defense, Dasva, when I had my CoP static, lowest guy we had only had RDM at 70 and SMN at 69, and our PLD at the time only had PLD at 75.

Regarding the farming comments, it's really not all that hard to figure it out, if you ask me. I started out by looking at synthesis ingredients and worked from there.
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-01-17 18:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

I'm not done with COP because I do not care about it. I am a casual player who really does not care about endgame.

I did what CoP I had by being online and seeing someone shouting and thinking

"Hey, that might be fun!"

I am a casual player, couple nights a week (sometimes more, but not usually), so, having CoP means nothing for me, because I will never really get anything out of it.

But, to have to ask what to farm at 75 is strange, because you had to get gil from somewhere to GET to 75.
 Fairy.Prostyle
Server: Fairy
user: Prostyle
By Fairy.Prostyle 2010-01-17 18:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

all i have to say is wow all i wanted was some *** inputs and you guys go *** nuts.....get over it its a *** game i asked a question and if you didn't want to answer it why even write back? I know what i farm was just wondering if anyone had any better ideas....
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-17 19:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Prostyle said:
all i have to say is wow all i wanted was some *** inputs and you guys go *** nuts.....get over it its a *** game i asked a question and if you didn't want to answer it why even write back? I know what i farm was just wondering if anyone had any better ideas....

But why would anyone tell you better ideas than what you're already doing? Why would they want competition for their mob spawns?

And no one went "*** nuts." They simply lol'd at the fact that you claim to have multiple 75s and not know where to farm. How is that going "*** nuts" exactly?

If anything, the only one going "*** nuts" is you, because you didn't get the response you had hoped for. No one is going to be dumb enough to tell you where to farm and what to farm. That means competition for what they're selling, even if it isn't YOU that's the competition. These boards aren't private. Anyone can come in and read them. Who the hell would be stupid enough to give away their gil making secrets in a game where making money isn't exactly what it used to be thanks to SE nerfing everything in sight.

You might as well walk up to Steve Jobs and ask him for the patent for the Iphone so you can sell your version at a cheaper price. I guarantee you he'd laugh in your face.
[+]
 Diabolos.Otahar
Server: Diabolos
user: Takustar
By Diabolos.Otahar 2010-01-17 19:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about farming is, you dont want your farming spot to be taken when you go there or have the AH over 50 in stock and have the price drop so low its not even worth farming.

Yea, I've always wondered where other people farm, but never asked because like me. I dont want it to be over camped. I respect their "bubble" if you wanna call it that XD

for example; one time my friend need HQ eft skin and none on AH going for 5k. I can see you there's rarely any in stock. I hopped on my THF and starting killing those eft and got her one. I stayed there to see what the drop rate was like. got around 3-4 HQ an hr. I slowly raised the price to 20k a piece in a week. a week after that i noticed more ppl have farmed them. 2 weeks after prices started to drop. 3 weeks price is around 10-5k again LOL
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-01-17 20:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Prostyle said:

Krunk posted a long and informative spiel about *several* ways to make gil, what's your problem?
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-17 20:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Fairy.Prostyle said:

Krunk posted a long and informative spiel about *several* ways to make gil, what's your problem?

Don't forget these as well:
Bahamut.Satanas said:
you can try going for alky, thats what a friend does, makes a couple Mil a week doing that.
Asura.Elvaton said:
slime oils, lady bug wings that one lady bug nm and angel skin is what i farm
Lakshmi.Drekien said:
i say beehive chips in the jungles
Fenrir.Shambo said:
go to miserux coast and farm that *** out of buggards
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-17 20:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Oh, this one strikes a nerve. If you put up a flag and accept an invite to level, there are plenty of good players out there who still want to level. It's an ongoing thing, and 1-2 shitty players can be compensated for with 4-5 decent/good players.

Just about everyone who is a good enough player to beat COP has beaten COP. I'm on mission 2-5. Every mission I've beaten, I've gone with my social, who have all beaten COP. I've tried shout group after shout group. They are horrendous. Every single group I have been with has at least 3 members who have no meds, no level sync gear, and NO idea what is going on.

They each expect the other 5 players in the party to drag them through the mission. On the 2-5 fight, we killed 2 of the 3 mammets and wiped because our SMN "kiter" didn't kite his assigned mammet at all. Though we all had RR and you don't lose XP in COP battlefields, our RDM and SMN warped before the wipe because they didn't want to lose XP.

This is just one of my attempts. Others have been just as bad. There are players out there so terrible you can't imagine, and they are not coincidentally the ones who don't have COP. Shout for COP, and these are the players your group fills with. I don't know any way to weed them out. If you ask your party, "Hey, are any of you guys horrible *** who will shoot this mission in the foot?" You aren't going to get any affirmative replies.

Last week I joined a COP static. We are starting at Promies. We had members who didn't know what animas are, and we had members who couldn't afford the 14k gil for animas. I ended up buying the animas for those players and explaining how and when to use them. We had 2 people on vent, me and the leader of the static. The rest were xbox or ps2 players who wouldn't or couldn't get on. We beat one promy because people started getting sleepy after the first run. Then our leader announced that since there were people who didn't show up, we'd be doing the same promy again next week. Hell or high water, i'm going to drag these players through if i have to, but it's going to be a hell of a lot harder than it was to get my 75s. Tbh, there are a few of them I'll feel guilty about unleashing on sea/limbus lses.

I started ffxi, i believe, in march of last year. How did i get 3 75s? I put up my flag, accepted invites, and played my job. I had 3 75s within five months. Trying to drag a group of slugs who have played for six years and still not found the initiative to get themselves through COP, though, is exponentially harder.

tl; dr: Sure, there are occasional COP shouts in Whitegate. Problem is, about 95-97% of them fail the mission they are aiming for.
 Diabolos.Otahar
Server: Diabolos
user: Takustar
By Diabolos.Otahar 2010-01-17 20:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, COP is something you have to plan ahead for. You cant just get up and go. each mission takes forever and spent hard earned gil to win the fights.

back on topic... making gil from farming is all about patience. you "can" farm anyting for gil, just gonna take a while
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-17 20:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Every single group I have been with has at least 3 members who have no meds, no level sync gear, and NO idea what is going on.

Which is exactly why I refuse to do CoP with anyone. Not even my own boyfriend, who's still stuck on the Ouryu fight, lol.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-17 20:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Every single group I have been with has at least 3 members who have no meds, no level sync gear, and NO idea what is going on.

Which is exactly why I refuse to do CoP with anyone. Not even my own boyfriend, who's still stuck on the Ouryu fight, lol.

;; i feel his pain. When you have 6 people who all know what is going on and what to do, though, things can really go pretty quickly. Like Han Solo said, though, "That's the trick, isn't it?"

Ontopic: I have multiple 75's and have no idea where to farm. Don't farm, fish.
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2010-01-23 14:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

On the OP:

Farming places like SSG and CZB were/are great because you can NPC a lot of the stuff and get fast cash while not having to fight with other people for the sales. BTW, neither of these places is a secret, so anyone who's gonna cry because I mentioned them, get over your "secret" spots.

They hit CZB with a massive nerf stick as far as NPC sale prices, but what it did was weed out a lot of the casual farmers, so the people who stuck to it benefitted by soaring prices on some of the other items from there, like Flare, Fire IV, and Mage's Ballad II scrolls. Demon Horn prices went way up, too.

The same forces that are at play in the real world affect the market in game, and people who know how to make and handle money in real life often do so with relative ease in game. They are the folks that always have cash, always know how to find new farming spot when another gets nerfed, etc. Use your brain and some logic, and you can always find a way to make money.

On the COP siderail:

I did COP twice, once with Aramina and once with Darkmoose. I had an awesome static with Ara and had to ditch it after Promy-Vahzl because I was headed to Iraq again.

I actually did 5-3 in steps, all pickups. One path while home on midtour leave, two paths while sitting in Kuwait waiting on sandstorms to catch a flight, again with pickups.

Rest of the way was with pickups, although I did from Airship to Pot BC with several of the same people who met up as a pickup.

Needless to say, when I did COP the second time, on Darkmoose, I led the static. I had done almost every mission at least twice, some even more since I'd gone back on Aramina and helped some friends finish up.

I spent close to 4 weeks recruiting people, mostly friends, weighing their jobs and levels, skill, reliability (that's huge), and trying to figure out job setups for every single mission. Once we got together, we started and were done with CoP in a month of missions maybe twice a week. Leading that group was one of the most fun things I did during my entire time playing.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-23 14:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo serket
By Shinyu 2010-01-23 15:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i do some LS get payouts and thats how he gets by ask him where to farm he will say idk haha
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-01-23 15:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Buy low, resell high. play the market
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-23 15:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ppl were pissed when I used to do this. I'd shout for higher than what ppl would for dyna currencies then undercut rolanmart, while still making 1-2k profit/coin
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2010-01-23 15:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo Serket is an excellent way to make money, I duo'd/trio'd with my LS mates and we got 5-7 rings in about 20 Serkets.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-01-23 15:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
lol ppl were pissed when I used to do this. I'd shout for higher than what ppl would for dyna currencies then undercut rolanmart, while still making 1-2k profit/coin

yeah reselling dyna currency can net huge returns if you get lucky. sure 1-2k a coin doesn't sound much, but adds up quick when your selling 500+ coins.
By Shiyo 2010-02-09 00:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

I'm not done with COP because I do not care about it. I am a casual player who really does not care about endgame.

I did what CoP I had by being online and seeing someone shouting and thinking

"Hey, that might be fun!"

I am a casual player, couple nights a week (sometimes more, but not usually), so, having CoP means nothing for me, because I will never really get anything out of it.

But, to have to ask what to farm at 75 is strange, because you had to get gil from somewhere to GET to 75.

Being casual has nothing to do with finishing COP. The missions are so amazing, the story is so epic, the entire feel of the expansion is epicly awesome. It's not just "end game", you're lying to yourself if you think this. Do the missions, enjoy them, they're hard(a TON easier now), fun, epic, exciting. You'll love them, you're missing out on a HUGE part of the game by not finishing COP.
 Fenrir.Jabblets
Server: Fenrir
user: Jabblets
By Fenrir.Jabblets 2010-02-16 11:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, there are I think plenty of people who have not finished COP. I have completed some of it but then I had to leave the game for an extended period (2 years) and have only just returned. Means my main 63 job hasn't completed COP.

I really want to complete it, was enjoying the promies when we attempted them, lots of fun and tough battles.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-02-16 11:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated the CoP storyline. I wanted to strangle Prishe the entire time, I really did. She's annoying and just HAS to run off all the time instead of sitting on her butt for two seconds to say what the hecks is going on. If I could have eagle eye shotted Prishe right in the middle of all her purple hair, I would have. But the airship fight and the last fight were hella fun! The airship has been my favorite fight so far out of all the missions I've ever done.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-02-16 11:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have CoP done, and I have 3 75s, DNC 70 and brd 65.

I don't know why you would need it (other then the rings and sea).

Edit: If I need money, which for some reason I never do, I just farm Devil Mantas, or go to the top of The tree..
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-16 11:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ToAU sucks, CoP is great. You want steady income? Mauls and spells from Quadav in Beadeaux.
 Remora.Beltenebros
Server: Remora
By Remora.Beltenebros 2010-02-16 12:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
ToAU sucks, CoP is great. You want steady income? Mauls and spells from Quadav in Beadeaux.

This. Had a 75 TH3 THF friend who turned out a steady- if unsexy- profit from NPCing these items.

My advice: Don't farm, Royal Ramble instead. Freakin' easy KSNM 30 with a good group and it's a guaranteed O. Ingot drop per run. At the absolute worst, you'll make 250-300k a run.