Moghouse Setup ? Smithing, Space And Desynth.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Moghouse Setup ? Smithing, Space and Desynth.
Moghouse Setup ? Smithing, Space and Desynth.
By daisythunder 2010-01-13 20:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

how would be the best way to setup moghouse.
for max storage and mogenhancement that would aid more in crafting and/or desynthesis.

My main crafting endevor currently is smithing with lightning and fire crystals.

blacksmith currently in the darksteel stage of journeyman smithing (53)
things are about to get very expensive as far as crafting. so avoiding heavy material losses is a concern.

my noble bed is overwriting my mogenhancement to experience currently with faint fire energy in house.

but when i remove it from the layout. I don't get mogenhancement fire. I get mogenhancement Sandoria Conquest with a faint fire elemental energy.

(furniture for max storage space in low profile layout is perfered. I have alot of junk furnishings in the house. taru stools, cabinets,consoles and first magic kit, fafnir statue, sandoria flag and 3 book shelfs and alot of misc yearly event furniture in storage)
10 potted plants, a goldfish tank.)

how do you setup your moghouse for smithing ? more towards fire, lightning or earth ?

Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-13 21:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're levelling to 100, do yourself a massive favour that I didn't have the foresight to do, and get overwhelming fire energy. Simplest and most efficent way space wise is to grab a load of bookshelfs. I have 8 in my mog house and a mix of other fire based items, mostly event stuff (despite keeping 8 bookshelfs for Smithing purposes my mog house looks pretty good.)

The cheapest way would probably be to get your hands on a bucketload of festival dolls. Your mog house will look pretty lame, but it'll be overwhelming fire energy.

If you have the San d'Orian flag, it will overwrite the moghancement from the anvil. Simply solve that by removing it when you need the +1, making sure you have enough excess fire energy to supplement the loss on the flag.

Desynthesis is not Smithing's best moneymaker at 100 (far from it), so save your time and money in advance and don't bother with lightning energy. Fire all the way for those Imperial Wootz Ingots! Earth might also be helpful @ 100 if you plan on spamming Haubergeons and Hauberks. Consult with somebody else for earth energy, however, as I don't have a clue how to do that the simplest way.

I'm not logged in at the moment as I was (was...) going to bed. I can post a list of what I have with fire energy tomorrow if you find it helpful, which ensures I have 100+ fire energy and moghancement smithing if I remove the nation flag.

BTW, Moghancement Smithing > Moghancement Fire when you get the Anvil.
By daisythunder 2010-01-13 22:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Current Mess in moghouse.
San d'Orian Flag 1 1 Fire 1x9 = 9 Sandoria Conquest
Bookshelf 20 40 Fire 2x8 = 16 Fire
Cupboard 6 6 Fire 1x6 = 6 Fire
Red VCS Plaque 1 1 Fire 1x1 = 1 Fire
Bahut 8 8 Earth 1x10 = 10 Gardening
Porcelain Flowerpot 1 6 Earth 6x2 = 12 Fishing
Yellow VCS Plaque 1 1 Earth 1x1 = 1 Earth
Brass Flowerpot 1 4 Earth 4x1 = 4 Fishing
Noble's Bed 1 1 Lightning 1x12 = 12 Experience
Console 6 6 Lightning 1x6 = 6 Lightning
Tableware Set 1 1 Lightning 1x3 = 3 Lightning
My First Magic Kit 1 1 Lightning 1x2 = 2 Lightning
Tarutaru Stool 1 1 Lightning 1x2 = 2 Desynthesis
Cabinet 7 14 Water 2x9 = 18 Water
Armor Box 5 5 Water 1x2 = 2 Water
Goldfish Bowl 1 1 Water 1x2 = 2 Water
Adventuring Certificate 1 1 Light 1x3 = 3 Light
Book Holder 1 1 Light 1x1 = 1 Desynthesis
Ancient Blood 1 1 Dark 1x3 = 3 Desynthesis
Black VCS Plaque 1 1 Dark 1x1 = 1 Dark

Elemental Power Level: Faint Fire energy
Fire 32
Earth 27
Lightning 25
Water 22
Light 4
Dark 4
Dominating Moghancement: Sandoria Conquest
Storage Size: 101 (Overkill by 21)
Mog Safe space used: 30

with 2 additional items not on the layout list.
Fafnir Statue and Mog 4 fire (storage 1) unknown enhancement.
Buffallo Horn from Wild Buffalos Event. (storage 1) Mog Enhancement Money

thats 32 spaces and i dont have a very dominant element in the house.

I'm thinking of re doing the whole thing and moving stuff around to my mules.. Which have bahuts and other storage devices.

Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-01-17 13:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i have smithing up to 60. Got their without any moghancement. Tho if your at the darksteel stage, which i hated, u may want to go for fire to aid yourself their.

If you eventuly need moghancment: desynth the easiest way would be 16 Console. Theyre not too bad price wise if u can make them or no someone who can. 2 x Iron Sheet - 3 x Dogwood Lumber. Iron ingots which im sure your frimiar with by now, may actuly be cheaper on ah, then make em into sheets. Dogwood for me was best bought in full stacks. Seeing as a log, a lumber, and a full stack was all the same price on my server lol. Not a huge demand for the item. But they each have an aura of lightning 6. 6x16=96. The hard part to get desynth (since consoles are moghancment lightning) is a final lightning element furnishing with an aura higher then 6. Only one that i no of, and thats a Thurible. Lightning aura 8. Cost me around 200k to get the mets (300k on ah, no supply) but the hard part is its a 97 goldsmithing recipie with smithing subskill. Will most likely be hard to find someone to make it. I shouted in wg for 7 hours to find someone. But that setup will give u the highest Moghancement Desynth, and will max out your storage... If you can afford it.

As for the Nobles bed, i had the same issue with that. Its reported to be aura 7 so the Thurible should overrid it, but it doesnt. Which leads me to beleive the bed has to be higher then the Thurible. Youll have to remove the bed from layout to get the desynth to work.

Also remember that jsut because two furnishings are the same ele, doesnt mean they will lead to the same moghancment. If your getting San d'Oria Conquest then u must have the sandy flag up which has an aura 9. Youll have to take that down.

For a full list of tiems and the respective moghancment check: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Moghancements
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-17 15:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've used moghancement desynth the whole way, and am just now working on getting my anvil and signboard at level 90. I really should have had it in there by around 80-85 I think, but before that, desynth is pretty good. Godofgods suggestion of consoles and a thurible is good IF you can get the thurible. It's by far the most storage efficient way of getting 101 lightning energy with desynth moghancement.

Only other way you can get there is with Tsahyan mask (or christmas/easter event furniture) and a whole world of flower stands or tarutaru stools. Tsahyan mask is 3 strength, while the flower stands are 2. Flower stands are lightning moghancement, tsahyan mask is desynth, so you can use 50 flower stands to get to 100 lightning, and then the mask comes in at a higher power to activate desynth moghancement instead of lightning.

The nobles bed will have to go, as that's got a power of 12, so would the bastok flag if you had one. This will only leave you with 51 storage, but you can then use any non lightning based furniture with high inventory to pad it out (I have two armoires)

Once you switch over to fire it's a lot easier, as a bookshelf has 8 elemental power (will need 13) and 20 storage. They're fairly expensive I believe, but as long as you have one bookshelf, there's a whole slew of other furniture you can use to build up your 101 power, as long as you don't use things like marble bed or san d'orian flag, as they'll both overwrite the fire moghancement.

When you finally get your anvil and/or signboard, you don't need to really change anything, as you can just dump them in the room and they'll overwrite your bookshelf/s (although you can sell a couple bookshelves). Anvil and Sandy flag both have the same elemental power, so they SHOULD knock each other out and give you nothing, but signboard is purposed to have 10 elemental strength, which will overwrite the flag. So you SHOULD have to get rid of sandy flag with anvil, but not with signboard.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-01-17 21:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I was origionaly looking at going with the tarutaru stools as well, but i have made a very nice looking setup in my house and didnt have a lot of room left so i was forced to find thes way with the least peices that i could :/
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-17 22:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
I was origionaly looking at going with the tarutaru stools as well, but i have made a very nice looking setup in my house and didnt have a lot of room left so i was forced to find thes way with the least peices that i could :/
Trust me, if you've seen my MH with 48 flower stands and not much else, you'll be thankful you did it your way... <_<
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-02-25 19:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got my Thurible recently ... and I'd swear that my desynths have taken a serious nose dive. Are we sure that it's working as intended?