Forum » FFXI » General » Bloody bolts?
Bloody bolts?
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-01-13 12:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ok. Just wondering, Is anyone eles haveing issues with there Bloody / acid / blind bolts?

I'm trying to Farm a coffer key, in CZB .. i just fought, and lost to a Ahriman ... mainly cause my dam bolts refused to steal Hp

*Stonega sleepga then a series of misses, then Flare*

<starting to think, the AF body pice isn't worth 4+k exp in death even if its just to store>
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-13 13:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahriman is a fairly magically resistant mob. Sometimes even immune
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-01-13 13:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured as much, I mean Acid & blind wheren't haveing a problem, thx
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-13 13:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol np. I remember when proc rate was pretty much 100% if it could. God died like 20 times in a row after they ninja'd that into an update and they stopped proccing lol
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-13 13:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

and ahriman is dark based, that pretty much negate bloody bolt procing. But why farm a coffer key of czb? you can just pick the coffer there, and should have no problems doing it if you are around lv60.
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-01-13 13:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I would say just try to pick the lock, if you're worried about having to fight a mimic take a warp scroll/cudgel with you and try to have it ready before picking a coffer or have another peep with you. I never even got my AF body or feet, kinda regret not getting the feet as the 15+ sec of flee would be nice at times but only means i would have one more piece of gear to carry with me for macro use only
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-01-13 13:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about it, since i am lvl 70 last time i failed on a chest, i got like a 10 min weakend >.> ended up dieing on bst to get rid of it lol.

* i used the Feet flee efftect earlyer, droped down in to a Group of like 5 EP Demons.. allmost made it to the Keep.. >.< died on the stair cace Right after flee wore off, xD how the hell did they keep up with me "lol"

but feet are still quite nice to have :3

Edit: if i ever hit 75 thf ima be proly useing Relic XD l ; ; don't have homen or umm... um.. ***.. um. that ***that tgives +Slow .. I know what it is, I can think it. but I just cant type it XD i hate this..

edit #2 : that hectca gear! xD
 Pandemonium.Vavaud
Server: Pandemonium
user: Vavaud
By Pandemonium.Vavaud 2010-01-13 14:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Vacian said:
Yeah I would say just try to pick the lock, if you're worried about having to fight a mimic take a warp scroll/cudgel with you and try to have it ready before picking a coffer or have another peep with you. I never even got my AF body or feet, kinda regret not getting the feet as the 15 sec of flee would be nice at times but only means i would have one more piece of gear to carry with me for macro use only

I second this suggestion, all of my THF AF pieces were picked open. Ran into a couple mimics doing that, but as stated that's what the scrolls 'o warp are there for.

Onto topic, recently I was farming Ahriman in Castle Z. and my bloody bolts werent proccing very often either, I mostly relied on my NPC for healing or just taking a break between series of fights to /heal.

If you're paranoid about that situation happening again (the -ga spell to wipe shadows then sleepga followed by an AM) carry some sleep bolts if you arent saving TP for the sole pupose of interrupting spells, and pray that you not only hit but that it procs (if Airy Shield is up, dont bother trying to hit w/ sleep bolt). Also what you may try if you're slept, take off all evasion+ pieces and hope that it hits you. (Sadly, Thief doesn't have much gear that is negative evasion)
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-01-13 14:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Vavaud said:
If you're paranoid about that situation happening again (the -ga spell to wipe shadows then sleepga followed by an AM) carry some sleep bolts if you arent saving TP for the sole pupose of interrupting spells, and pray that you not only hit but that it procs (if Airy Shield is up, dont bother trying to hit w/ sleep bolt). Also what you may try if you're slept, take off all evasion pieces and hope that it hits you. (Sadly, Thief doesn't have much gear that is negative evasion)

If you were referring to swapping to and from Sleep Bolts, changing ammo never resets TP.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-01-13 14:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:
Pandemonium.Vavaud said:
If you're paranoid about that situation happening again (the -ga spell to wipe shadows then sleepga followed by an AM) carry some sleep bolts if you arent saving TP for the sole pupose of interrupting spells, and pray that you not only hit but that it procs (if Airy Shield is up, dont bother trying to hit w/ sleep bolt). Also what you may try if you're slept, take off all evasion pieces and hope that it hits you. (Sadly, Thief doesn't have much gear that is negative evasion)
If you were referring to swapping to and from Sleep Bolts, changing ammo never resets TP.

I took it to mean that he/she would be swapping from a Bomb Core/Fire Bomblet to a Crossbow to fire a Sleep Bolt. That would reset TP. As long as you're only swapping ammo though (swapping bolts or swapping between BC/FB and darts), you'll be fine.
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-01-13 15:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Pandemonium.Vavaud said:

I took it to mean that he/she would be swapping from a Bomb Core/Fire Bomblet to a Crossbow to fire a Sleep Bolt. That would reset TP. As long as you're only swapping ammo though (swapping bolts or swapping between BC/FB and darts), you'll be fine.

Yeah, but weren't we already using bolts in the situation presented to us? >.>;