Wtf Is This Shit?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Wtf is this shit?
Wtf is this shit?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-10 02:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So everytime I try to get the full sized view of my chat history it erases it all. But leaves blanks where that was. Like ah so

Can't even scroll down thru that nothing!!!

And this one shows the top blank with some new stuff in it

Wtf is going on here?
[+]
 Seraph.Pikachu
Server: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2010-01-10 02:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

you're getting haxed!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-10 03:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll hax you
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-10 03:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

OH yeah seems to do it whenever I zone too
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-01-10 03:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its spellcast. At least thats what i was told when i asked about it happening to me. Idk why, but it only happens when i got thf xml loaded for me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-10 03:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an issue with the windower logger. Happens all the time. If you log out and back in, it fixes it.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-10 03:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that problem from dualboxing myself, never use spellcast.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-01-10 06:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i use to get that a lot when dual boxing. that or one of the windows would have the same chat log as the other. pissed me off.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-10 07:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:
Its spellcast. At least thats what i was told when i asked about it happening to me. Idk why, but it only happens when i got thf xml loaded for me.

Can't be, I get this problem and I don't even have that plugin in my plugins folder. I don't dualbox either.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2010-01-10 07:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This used to be a common problem with windower back in the day, only way I used to fix it was exiting POL and restarting ffxi all together. it was pretty random.

What plugins are you using, and windower version?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-10 07:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nomadikhan said:
This used to be a common problem with windower back in the day, surprised your having that issue really, it hasn't been around for a while.

At this time I was using 3.41 with spellcast that I just started getting working recently. Never had the problem before or with the older version I use. 3.3 and 3.24. Also logging out did fix it.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-10 07:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nomadikhan said:
This used to be a common problem with windower back in the day, only way I used to fix it was exiting POL and restarting ffxi all together. it was pretty random.

Logging out and in fixes it. You don't need to shutdown.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2010-01-10 07:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Nomadikhan said:
This used to be a common problem with windower back in the day, surprised your having that issue really, it hasn't been around for a while.

At this time I was using 3.41 with spellcast that I just started getting working recently. Never had the problem before or with the older version I use. 3.3 and 3.24. Also logging out did fix it.

There is a new hook out, 3.42, you can download that. tho tbh since I downloaded that my plugins still auto load yet don't work... like distance loads, but doesn't show, i have to toggle off then on. you might have better luck.
but yea just as previous poster said, logging out usually will fix it instead of exiting completely.

http://forums.windower.net/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=2
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-10 07:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposedly from what I read the only thing they really added from 3.41 to 3.42 was the new hook to help it work better with windows 7. Seeing as I'm still using media center xp I didn't bother. And really this was the first time I had this problem.

Thinking back I think it started when I tried to load a spellcast I had been editted and had messed up and got an error. Not sure though. I generally still use 3.24. Runs so nice and smooth with little ram usage. But yeah when I want to play with spellcast or use distance plugins out comes 3.41 though damn if ram usage doesn't go way the *** up lol. Which matters with my old comp
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2010-01-10 08:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Supposedly from what I read the only thing they really added from 3.41 to 3.42 was the new hook to help it work better with windows 7. Seeing as I'm still using media center xp I didn't bother. And really this was the first time I had this problem.

Thinking back I think it started when I tried to load a spellcast I had been editted and had messed up and got an error. Not sure though. I generally still use 3.24. Runs so nice and smooth with little ram usage. But yeah when I want to play with spellcast or use distance plugins out comes 3.41 though damn if ram usage doesn't go way the *** up lol. Which matters with my old comp

haha yea i forgot bout 3.42 mainly being win7 compatability. I've never used spellcast, more the traditional macro user with my original MacroPal concept. Well short of loggin out then in i'm not sure what would perm fix your issue :/ It's something that's pretty random cause i know many others have it and don't use same setup, plugins, etc

edit: wtf is up with it showing i'm offline, im obviously here as i typed this >.>
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2010-01-10 09:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I had that same problem for a while, haven't had it in quite some time. Figured it was windower and restarting game worked, but it sure was hecka annoying!
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-01-10 10:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

happens occasionally to me with the 3.42 hook since i upgraded to windows7

really annoying when it happens and im in the middle of doing a gear auction and cant scroll up to see the bids
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-01-10 13:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Encountered that issue couple of times on 3.40. I was unable to reproduce it nor to find origin of the issue, just log off / on and it was fixed as well.