Help Me Pick A Job!!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Help me pick a job!!!
Help me pick a job!!!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-01-06 18:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I say Cor but I'm bias.
 Fenrir.Havster
Server: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2010-01-06 18:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
COR, you really don't pull with COR.

Glad someone said it. It CAN pull, but its far from efficient. If you are going to then use Darts and stand around because tbh, you cant do a lot more. A peacemaker will help, but its still not as efficient as a BRD puller. In fact just level BRD if this is what you want to do lol.

I love playing my COR in merit, /NIN and Joytoy/Merc Kris is a hellavalotta fun.

For people saying that its not a DD, my Slug shot is a base hit of 891 with no chaos roll or any attack songs and using sole sushi at point blank range. By base hit I mean this is the number I see hitting over and over again, nothing ever lower. (please note this is bird camp figures, but still anyone who's DD'd there will know this is more than respectable)

With that weapon combo its actually better to have a lower WS damage than to lose the 1-2 attack round by backing off to outside melee range for a sweet spot as your hitting 2-5 times per round. The TP gain is insanely fast. Recommend 4 merits in Dagger and 8 in Sword though.

No one has to believe me, IDC if you dont tbh, but Im not looking for a flame war.

My 10p worth on COR anyway, and if youve got the Gil for it to shoot for TP until you get a multi hitting weapon, I think you'll find its an amazing job to level.

When speaking to people about COR I often say "Its not Support, its enhancing" theres a difference. Since a COR doesnt stand about picking their nose while waiting for the rolls to cool down, they are in with the action (Or I certainly was). Of course you will find a lot of COR/WHMs who WILL do this, basically pretending to be BRDs cos they dont want to fork out the gil to level it to its potential. If they do that in a pty im in I will rep them with a BRD.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Killercat
user: killercat
By Fenrir.Killercat 2010-01-06 18:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP loved the job solo/duo to 75 if you don't have a lot of time
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-01-06 19:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG is fun as mess.
Garuda.Mabrook said:
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Whm. There is no other job.
Fact.
If you lvl WHM you will never come as another job.... ever.

Truefax. I would definitely level RNG if I could but unfortunately I'm stuck in the WHM chasm for eternity.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-06 19:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Whm. There is no other job.
Fact.
If you lvl WHM you will never come as another job.... ever.

I don't know, I have WHM and I never come as it. Then again I would rather come BLU, but that doesn't happen either. :/
 Asura.Kimiyo
Server: Asura
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 19:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-06 19:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In addition to Hav's post-- COR/DNCing in merits is a lot of fun, and you can easily main heal with a merc or joytoy. I'm not 75 yet, but you can easily pull this off starting at 70 with gear, merits and food. I still need to cap marks (/cry) so I haven't yet had the experience of COR/NIN Wsing or COR/WAR. It's a really great versatile job though--you can play it how you like, and generally you don't have to pull.
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2010-01-06 19:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP, I see you have BLM and RDM, and a PLD that has some lvls on it. I'd say lvl a DD job like DRK, SAM or RNG (DRG is nice too, but that bird just adds TP) You will be more versatile and useful to groups and event shells. By now, most groups have a dedicated PLD and a back up PLD and a PLD that wants to be main PLD and so on and so on. Having a good mage job like BLM or WHM and a good DD job really makes you extra useful for end game and events.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-06 19:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
In addition to Hav's post-- COR/DNCing in merits is a lot of fun, and you can easily main heal with a merc or joytoy. I'm not 75 yet, but you can easily pull this off starting at 70 with gear, merits and food. I still need to cap marks (/cry) so I haven't yet had the experience of COR/NIN Wsing or COR/WAR. It's a really great versatile job though--you can play it how you like, and generally you don't have to pull.
Main heal is a bit of an overstatement (but even if they could, you'd still want a mage) but I do enjoy this job combo for Bird camp for the extra erase to be available on wivre for attack down
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2010-01-06 19:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Zayo said:
To the OP, I see you have BLM and RDM, and a PLD that has some lvls on it. I'd say lvl a DD job like DRK, SAM or RNG (DRG is nice too, but that bird just adds TP) You will be more versatile and useful to groups and event shells. By now, most groups have a dedicated PLD and a back up PLD and a PLD that wants to be main PLD and so on and so on. Having a good mage job like BLM or WHM and a good DD job really makes you extra useful for end game and events.

^ Good advice.

I would, if following this advice and you dont want to do COR, Choose SAM, keep that polearm capped and start working towards a Tomoe :)
[+]
 Fairy.Specopsz
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-01-06 19:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont pick one.
Just quit.
You'll get ranted on everything by everyone besides a few selected people in the game.

/sorry bow.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-06 20:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Main heal is a bit of an overstatement (but even if they could, you'd still want a mage) but I do enjoy this job combo for Bird camp for the extra erase to be available on wivre for attack down

It's fine unless you're chaining wivre. And you always need an inside or outside haster, did this today as main heal with a 54RDM haste ***. D:
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-06 20:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

xD
 Fenrir.Shambo
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-01-11 22:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just be yourself, and always let your concious be your guide :D
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-11 22:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Killercat said:
PUP loved the job solo/duo to 75 if you don't have a lot of time, or MNK

qft and fixed
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-11 23:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mail man
 Fenrir.Parak
By Fenrir.Parak 2010-01-11 23:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Be a GM.
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-01-12 00:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, that's a hard one because I have RNG, SAM, & COR and they probably would be my top 3 picks because they are fun.
I'd say RNG though because during lvling you're always "Ooooo-ing" at the dmg. COR was fun leveling and fun in merits, but it absolutely sucks in endgame events; so boring. Sometimes makes me hate the job!
SAM if you want something useful for almost everything and having fun at the same time. :] Ahh, I love SAM!
Sorry, I didn't help but maybe it'll give you an idea.
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-01-12 00:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Dominionix said:
Puppetmaster - [...] but is unfortunately way too limited in its roles end-game, and on that basis, this is not a job for you if you want one which is "highly usable in endgame".

In a nutshell: No.

COR is very cool too. If you have the equip you can do pretty awesome stuff with it. I saw several CORs on Kujata that kept us buffed, pulled the mobs and were #1 on DMG .... AT THE SAME TIME Oo

tbh if anything then COR or PUP.. seriously who wants to level something that over 7000 ppl on your server already have? Way too boring.