Anyone Here Use Chase And Able To Pay?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Anyone here use Chase and able to pay?
Anyone here use Chase and able to pay?
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-02 19:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Never had to do much with credit cards and suddenly SE told me today that my card had to be changed. Well, all I have is Chase stuff and Chase doesn't support securecode or anything.

Am I ***out of luck?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-02 19:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well technically my card is Chase now, but it used to be WAMU, who I guess got bought out or something. I had no problems changing to that card when my old one expired, I just had to sign up at the 3D Secure site. Maybe I just got lucky.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-02 20:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The 3D site on mastercard won't register chase on a search. -.-
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-02 20:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Old trick doesn't work anymore? Is it still PC only? If so you can just update your payment info on console and be good.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-01-02 20:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Paypal support 3DSecure? Couldn't you just get a free Paypal account and pay through that, with a balance auto-pay connected to your bank?

Seems so much easier than trying to change banks or credit cards like some folks are talking about.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-02 20:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I may.

It's not my credit card so I'm not familiar with stuff like that, I'm still just a high school kid using his parent's lol
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-02 20:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know but if Paypal does, that would be one extra option. Should just be able to call customer support and have them input the card number manually. Some others have been able to do it anyways.
 Asura.Kiichi
Server: Asura
user: Kiichi
By Asura.Kiichi 2010-01-02 21:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Im using 2 different chase cards for 2 accounts, the 2nd was after the secure thing, but it didn't give me any problems(just a month ago). The only trouble I had doing the secure thing was forgetting to use normal POL, then forgetting to allow scripts on the secure page >.>
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-01-02 21:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh theres a trick, find a friend with a ps2/3 or xbox360 and put your info on there and change the payment info. bc the consoles dont use the internet to check the card it should work. well it worked for me. and a agent from SE chat told me to do that in the future if anything else like that happens again. hope this helps.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-02 21:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, I once used XI on a HDD that I had to return, can I just reinstall it if I have the disc and do that you think?

Edit: Wow, found the old disc, lemme try that!
 Seraph.Hsieh
Server: Seraph
user: Hsieh
By Seraph.Hsieh 2010-01-03 01:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Chase, only problem is Chase will freeze my account constantly thinking SE is fraud purchase. Just call and verify the purchases. Also SE makes several attempts to charge your CC.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-01-03 02:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Reinstalling it should work fine, since your cc info is already stored in your account. Once you reinstall, all you have to do is update POL/ffxi and log in. Just make sure to link your account in to POL correctly. I always mess up on that part and then have to redo it, but as long as you input your account login information properly, it should log you right in without any changes to your address/cc info or characters.

I had to reformat my laptop not long after the whole 3D verification thing was implemented, my cc isn't qualified and I was able to get back in no problems. :)
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-03 14:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Had to recover an old gamertag and reinstal on the xbox, but it worked out in the end. Woo!
 Siren.Juilan
Server: Siren
user: Juilan
By Siren.Juilan 2010-01-04 18:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

all 3 of my chase cards work as a payment method <3 ink
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2010-01-04 18:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have chase and it's working for me. I'll admit getting signed up for the 3dsecure thing was interesting and took me time to figure out but once I did, POL accepted it with np.
 Asura.Starstress
By Asura.Starstress 2010-01-04 18:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

had this prob myself as chase user, called made sure everything was tyoed correct (on xbox) nothing worked so i just had someone else use their card , then i just changed the info to my card, also got a new chase card too, thought was maybe just maintenance, but it worked when i changed back the info to my own card, sucks to mess up one month of payment cause then this happens.
 Pandemonium.Crocodile
Server: Pandemonium
user: Alligator
By Pandemonium.Crocodile 2010-01-04 18:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

are the chase cards that are working visa or MasterCard? since chase bought out wamu. i have MasterCard and chase doesn't support support securecode for it. if it is mastercard how did you register it?
 Asura.Starstress
By Asura.Starstress 2010-01-04 18:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

mines been Visa
 Pandemonium.Crocodile
Server: Pandemonium
user: Alligator
By Pandemonium.Crocodile 2010-01-04 18:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i see... thanks. i hope chase supports MasterCard 3d secure soon.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-04 19:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine was Visa.