Ermine's Tail
 Unicorn.Nonamegod
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: NoNameGod
By Unicorn.Nonamegod 2009-12-30 18:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi

To all "Ermine's Tail" owner out there, (or anyone who is still trying to get them.)

What are some of the extra runes do you add to your maze?
base requirement: (Vouch07 / beast / giant monster / lost and found)

I have spend some time solo/duo with friends on this maze, beside some runes, and exp. the dagger has yet to make its appearance.

From what I have seen, this is still a very rare dagger in Unicorn, only about 10 people I checked have it. (I don't go around and checking every thief I see on the street. Maybe there are more dagger out there, and people are just giving it to their moogle to play with it. I don't know.)

If you have this dagger, or are currently working on obtaining one, would you mind share your information here?
How many times you try? (drop rate?)
Did you add any extra runes to it? (how much harder did you make it?)
Time? (moon phase/ game day)

I just want to keep the dream alive, that the dagger actually does drop from this MMM. ; ;

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-30 18:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if it is anything like kogglemander droprate is highly dependent on how "difficult" you make it. Difficult being a relative term. Since while adding a job/magic to the mob techincally lets it do more stuff soemtimes that helps like adding divine lol. That being said your best bet is to add stuff like might and supreme might. I believe wiki has best working rune sets for those NMs. However good luck soloing/duoing then

Also full 6 CCs help if it is yours. Actually got my koggles first try after they introduced CCs in the CC chest lol.
 Sylph.Jetu
Server: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-30 19:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

been trying to get this dagger on and off with 2 other friends, we trio it (thf, nin, whm)

we use beast, great warrior, lost & found, divine magic, dark magic, force of will (we dont use any difficulty runes otherwise the healing breaze just F's you all over the place when low manning it)

we only do it every now & then and still trying, but i find it fun even if there is no drop
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-30 21:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

To the op and the other guy who is trioing this
You guys will need to get a full prty and get
a maze fully set up. Your mazes are incomplete
if you guys can solo/duo ect.....
When i was going for my kogg the sword would not drop w/o
full set up (i used the famous 1 on wiki lol)
I honestly believe it is impossible to drop
w/o the right set up meaning full maze set up.
I never herd of any 1 getting drop off a maze
that is soloable or duoable
 Pandemonium.Areis
Server: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2009-12-30 21:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
To the op and the other guy who is trioing this
You guys will need to get a full prty and get
a maze fully set up. Your mazes are incomplete
if you guys can solo/duo ect.....
When i was going for my kogg the sword would not drop w/o
full set up (i used the famous 1 on wiki lol)
I honestly believe it is impossible to drop
w/o the right set up meaning full maze set up.
I never herd of any 1 getting drop off a maze
that is soloable or duoable

I've seen one drop in a 4 man group using Supreme but not Might. It is possible but your looking at odds similar to K.club instead of Pcc

that being said i'm 0/100~ on Koogle / Ermines / Zaide myself (but have seen 4 or 5 drop for others)
[+]
 Sylph.Jetu
Server: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-30 23:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
To the op and the other guy who is trioing this You guys will need to get a full prty and get a maze fully set up. Your mazes are incomplete if you guys can solo/duo ect..... When i was going for my kogg the sword would not drop w/o full set up (i used the famous 1 on wiki lol) I honestly believe it is impossible to drop w/o the right set up meaning full maze set up. I never herd of any 1 getting drop off a maze that is soloable or duoable
well i dont realy care, i enjoy doing it trio & its alot o fhastle to find 3 extra ppl that want to help out, we just rock up, knock out the dahamels & then go do something else

fun > drop rate
[+]
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-12-30 23:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Using this configuration, we went 3/6 on our run.

Edit: And yes, as someone stated previously, having CC for your run helps out quite a bit. Basically its a second bite at the apple for free.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-30 23:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

A bite that only you the leader get w00t. Also full CC is a bit more on droprate.