Matsya Fish Vunkerl Inlet (S)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Matsya Fish Vunkerl Inlet (S)
Matsya Fish Vunkerl Inlet (S)
 Fenrir.Spankyy
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: spankyy
By Fenrir.Spankyy 2009-12-29 09:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone able to help me on this i have been fishing the East bridges
{I-7, H-6} trying to nail this fish and have lost about 30 Dwarf Pugils and still have yet to see it. Fishing Skill 100 with Ebisu rod. Have not lost a catch yet there just getting garbage. Am i fishing in the right spot?

Thanks
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-29 10:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I always did I-7. The problem is catching them is horrible. I was lucking to catch 1 an hour.

As far as bite rate goes I forget how much items showed up other than alot. However if you pull the item in you don't lose the bait(and considering what you went thru to get the bait and theres no way your hitting fatigue if you spend much time fishing these guys you will want to).

Now for about ever 1 Matsya bite I lose about 3-4 baits from jellyfish and mobs. More if I didn't reel the mobs up (composure+skulkers mantle 10-14min sneak ftw)

When Matsya did bite my overall average was 1 catch for ever 2 line breaks... I managed to npc like 30 of them once lol.

But seeing as it took me litterally all day fishing just to get to max fatigue on cave cheraux and that I only got 1 bait out of about every 4 of those... means 1 day of cave cheraux would get me about 25 bait which would get me about 2 matsya... Decided that wasn't worth. Plan on trying again when I get all +fishing items see if that helps. Or maybe some help keeping the mobs slept though jellyfish still ate alot too. Even then though fishing trumpet shells so much easier. Probably better money too.