Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » CB
CB
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2009-12-29 04:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Soo What do YOU think would be the best cross bow for thf? Im getting so many different answers from different friends :( halp?
[+]
By LeonPSP 2009-12-29 04:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ziska's Crossbow > Staurobow (Price and Stats wise)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-12-29 04:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I use Velocity Bow on THF (waiting for signed +1), not a terrible crossbow, but +1 would be better than Stauro imo because of the muuuuuuch lower delay.

Ziska's > pretty much everything else though.

EDIT: Oooooooops >_> I meant Leo Crossbow, not velocity! (How did I not see that earlier?)

I still want Leo +1 though >_>;
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2009-12-29 04:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ok merci! <3 :)
 Fairy.Darkei
Server: Fairy
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-12-29 15:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

velocity bow is a good crossbow too :P

agi+1
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-12-29 15:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Best: Ziska

"Cheap" Alternative: Perdu
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2009-12-29 16:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kk thanks :D I got my Ziska's last night <3 Havent used it only for a couple shots on high evasion mobs :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-29 16:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For thf your mostly using it for status/blood so the lowest delay and racc are what you are lookign for. Hence why everyone said ziska's
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2009-12-29 16:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I know :DDDDDD
 Siren.Stewie
Server: Siren
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2009-12-29 16:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Octant
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-29 16:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stewie said:
I'd still go with Ziska's. The delay difference is like .2 sec diff and has more racc for thfs kinda lol xbow skill. Not to mention buyable vs hard to kill NM unless you got a pt or so with a super low droprate.
 Siren.Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2009-12-29 16:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solo'd it RDM/NIN it's not hard :D besides, THF has access to large amounts of RAcc gear and I assure you 1M can get you a lot more than 5 RAcc.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2009-12-29 17:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

for me.. the best cross bow was the one with the lowest delay >.>; so u can pop a blot of asap... real helpful in solo'n things u can just pop enfeeble bolts quickly, then macro back those hp bolts and pop them. party situation? i dont remember the last time i actually poped a bolt in a party quite honestly unless i needed to cure myself. (i mean besides pulling, which dont even do that offen anymore)

edit: using a crossbow with thf it isnt about the damage its about the bolts being used / delay. and obvious reasons if u cant land a bolt easily then u need more rng acc or agi, rng att ectect that boost damage means ***on a crossbow
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-12-29 17:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lolthfwithcrossbow

Kinda want that Octant though since it's free

And Ziska just looks awesome!
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2009-12-29 17:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Chster said:
lolthfwithcrossbow

yea, kinda goes good with the lolthfusecrossbowtosavehismotherf'nlife.
[+]
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-12-29 17:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave up crossbow a few years ago and if you need that to save your life then you are doing something wrong
 Remora.Thiefninja
Server: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-29 17:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i use perdu because im too cheap to buy a ziska and dont feel like soloing that moth. well not really the nm but the mobs to spawn him... and i like to lolmrckristhfsubbingrngusinglolslugshot when camping low lvl nms like the ones im doing now -.- stupid blighting brand or w/e and his brother. /sigh on drop rate. oh and it was free. and not much more delay.

and if i need to claim fast...and can't /engage some random mob and slug shot nm when he pops <--favorite claiming technique btw. i pop some darts into its ***.

and as thf/nin soloing nms with aoe or fast attacks. or def moves like king artho xbows are nice...if your a thf who doesnt use xbow you prolly dont solo nms or do anything solo
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-29 17:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stewie said:
I've solo'd it RDM/NIN it's not hard :D besides, THF has access to large amounts of RAcc gear and I assure you 1M can get you a lot more than 5 RAcc.
Right not everyone has a rdm/nin or one that can solo a mob that cant be bind/gravitied well. And again the droprate... could've farmed 1M in that time lol. Oh and putting racc gear in would usually mean taking evasion/haste gear off so I'd rather have it on a peice I'm not using for that. Kinda defeats the purpose of an evasion set if you gotta lose a shadow just to get a blood bolt off.

Now if I could buy this for a mil... maybe but probably not
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-29 17:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

who uses eva rings? >.> just pop o-hat and 2 range rings and that should give you enough...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-29 17:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Chster said:
Kinda want that Octant though since it's free
Lol. Not really free. Just ask Ixe how "free" Valis bow is
 Siren.Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2009-12-29 17:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Because timing your ranged attacks between mob attacks is hard? And any job could solo it if you were bored enough, I'm sure you at the least have a mage friend that knows how to run in circles and cast a spell.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-29 17:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Thiefninja said:
who uses eva rings? >.> just pop o-hat and 2 range rings and that should give you enough...
Um thfs or nins or even dncs soloing stuff?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-29 17:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stewie said:
Because timing your ranged attacks between mob attacks is hard? And any job could solo it if you were bored enough, I'm sure you at the least have a mage friend that knows how to run in circles and cast a spell.
Depends on the mob. I mean its not like that range attack is taht much faster than the mob is attacking. And why would you do taht if you don't have too?

Seriously doubt any job could solo it. I probably could but seriously is it worth the time investment? I'm hearing 1/25 is the norm. I can farm 1mil way faster than that lol
 Siren.Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2009-12-29 17:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sub RDM as any job, pull it to where nothing will aggro, DoT it to death. Any job can solo any mob that doesn't have movement speed+ if you know how to abuse terrain.
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-29 17:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i've never need eva rings on my thf and i've solod alot...i personally like to hit my target so 10-14 acc > than 4? eva i forget the best eva+ rings. and.. i mean if can always use 2 of the +5 agi rings if your scared about dropping a shadow..
 Remora.Thiefninja
By Remora.Thiefninja 2009-12-29 17:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah any job can solo that nm...."ANY"

anyways back on topic the octant bow is the best. lowest delay and good range acc.

here let me do this

Best NM xbow --> Octant

Best AH xbow --> ziska

Best points xbow --> perdu

Best cheap AH --> umm leo/leo+1?
 Remora.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-30 11:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

personally, I could care less which Xbow a thf uses, so long as they're actually using one and popping off at least one acid bolt now and then. I mean, I can see why a fire bomblet or bomb core would be better for some mobs (mostly bigger NMs), but not using them in a group setting when there's a decent chance the effect could proc. just makes a thf look lazy/cheap to me.
[+]