Out of Curiousity
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-29 05:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Rufio said:
If a whm or a rdm started to melee in your PT 55 , what would your reaction be?

Can't speak about rdm, but if a level 55 whm meleed in my party, I would kick them. White Mage doesn't get any viable weaponskills at that level. Their best weaponskill is Skullbreaker, which is pretty weak. (True Strike, which is better, isn't available until 56.) The weapons available at that level are kind of crappy as well.

Personally, I don't see how a melee WHM would work at that level. You're giving up the use of your light staff to use a club, unless you're switching weapons to cure people (why would you do that if you're meleeing?) and don't have access to Noble's Tunic at that level. You're giving up some valuable Cure Potency%+ to skill up. Priorities {Where?}

With all the ways there is to exp now, it's pretty ridiculous mages still think they can simply melee in parties and get away with it.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-29 06:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
well blm can gtfo, but I've meleed a couple of times on rdm and brd out of boredom. While I kept up with buffs fine, there just wasn't much point, because I only get about 3 swings in per mob between all the debuffs and stuff I have to cast.

If you have spare time to meleeing, I'd generally suggest stacking on more debuffs or even nuking instead.
That seems much more likely a situation. Unless, that is, it's a terrible setup that's taking forever to kill mobs in which the RDM obviously wouldn't speed things up in comparison to actual DDs taking awhile to kill an exp mob.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
If they're good, I wouldn't say a word. If you can keep up with your duties and add even a little damage I can hardly complain. If it's inhibiting their ability to fulfill their other jobs, I'd probably ask them to stop.
The nice thing about that answer is that it's completely rational and fair, yet the situation never happens anyway so it's a nice cure-all to any RDM melee inquiries.
By Izey 2009-12-29 06:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Res said:
No relevance to this at all.. but lol >.>

LOL =)
By semimmortal 2009-12-29 19:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes you wish Healing staff actually does what it originally supposed to do...
At least then you'd see healers going around whacking those rabid DDs for being such an MP sponge.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-12-29 20:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Rufio said:
In an arguement with my LS over this
WTH are they arguing over? Who can cure better? One is a haster/refresher , the other is a main healer/ Effect Remover..

Put your F'n Differances Aside, and learn to co-exist!

Jeeezus.......