Yet Another Contraversal Thread...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Yet another contraversal thread...
Yet another contraversal thread...
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-28 21:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I cast in 10% 100% of the time because of the trait, some spells like Utsusemi, Refueling and Cocoon are 15% because I macro Mirke in.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 21:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw... yeah I didn't do mirke for that so all I got is 3% since I don't have job trait... however I got plenty of -recast from my homams.

Cocoon is faster enough not sure I'd bother and not like you need it for -recast similar with refueling... if you can't time taht there are problems.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-28 21:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I only use macros for those if im like dying otherwise I generally cast it manually in relic.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 21:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I still maccro the spell lol. It just doesn't have gears or waits or stuff attached to it.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-12-28 21:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The "blink" was put in, from what I understand, due to texture loading limitations on the original PS2 version of the game. Something about the textures or models not loading into memory fast enough to do armor switching on the fly without seeing something funky, so they just blinked your whole character model out for a couple seconds every time. Pretty hacky way to do it, but a necessary compromise at the time. As evidenced by the Windower plugin that (I believe) simply intercepts the DX call to blink you out, it's not necessary on PC systems.

The fact people lose target on you when your model blinks out is due to the nature of the hacky solution. However, it shouldn't interrupt your actual actions -- those are done (mostly) server side.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-28 21:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on a small TV Dasva, I fire my macros off based generally on memory, so if I can cast it faster manually it's just easier so I may aswell, however it's just not efficient to cast everything like this :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 22:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I know it... thats why my rdm has several maccro sets lol. And I mean jsut for pting it has 1 main one and then borrows from the ones above and below.

Sorry about the small TV...kinda lame
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-29 05:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The "blink" was put in, from what I understand, due to texture loading limitations on the original PS2 version of the game.
I know a troll when I see one, damnit. lol