Anyone Do That 11.99$ Steam Vanadiel Collection?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Anyone do that 11.99$ steam vanadiel collection?
Anyone do that 11.99$ steam vanadiel collection?
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-25 23:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got a visa giftcard so I want to jump on this, but first I need to know if that lets me use the codes for a brand new XI account only or if I can just attach it to my current account? I haven't used Steam in about 3 years so I forgot how they work exactly.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-25 23:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My Friend did it with my steam account to buy it for his brother, its a easy way to get the game and the add ons, but you have to run it with steam, to boot up POL, so it's just one more useless step to get in to the game.

he's unable to use the CD Key he got for the Add ons how ever, witch we can't seem to figure out why.. (heh)

but it's a cheep way to buy some one FFXI + all expantions / add ons, cheep as *** too imo you save up to 150$ (30$ for add ons, and then appr. 15$ for the game & 19.99 per expantion if you buy them seperaly)

and yes, the +30 days you get from buying the steam thing will add on to your account, my friend Used this to give his brother a free month of play, since he used to play (how ever it didn't work hes never home long enough to play dam druggys :P)
 Bahamut.Avenged
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-12-25 23:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i just downloaded the ultimate collection for 11 bucks even on my mastercard. i play on 360 but i got this new pc so i want it on pc too. will this 11 bucks cover me or do i need to purchase codes too?
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-25 23:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

if you already play on the 360, and you want the game on the PC you just install POL & FFXI and Expantion, once you can add members put in your POL ID and PW and you'll be connected to your account, so no you don't need the extra CD-keys, thats mainly for new members, but you should be able to get the +30 free days added to your account if you use the FFXI regrestration CD key, *not expantions*

I play between my PC and 360 depending on where i am, (Access to Dial up at home =[ and Comcast high speed at moms lol)
 Bahamut.Avenged
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-12-25 23:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah im using comcast now i hope it works out.. jus did a speedtest.net run and got 34 mbps >.>
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-25 23:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I just download it via steam and log in on my details, it'll give me ASA? That's all I really need lol
 Bahamut.Avenged
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-12-25 23:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

its kinda a slow dl... 500-800 kbps
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-25 23:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, trying my luck at it atm. 3% woo
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-26 00:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Once you Download & Install all you need is your POL ID and your good to go, =3 it's like going to a friends house and putting your ***on there 360 an playing on there 50'' LCD all day long, like a Cracked out monkey with warped bannanas
 Asura.Humtum
Server: Asura
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-26 00:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question, does it direct you through POL?
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-26 00:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to open it up with the Final fantasy Icon it gives you, when we tryed to start it up with POL we got some kinda error, if anything you will need to start it up with steam.
 Bahamut.Avenged
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-12-26 00:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

okay i got windows 7 hp today. how do i find out what graphics card i have? jus wonderin.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-26 00:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

umm... I Haven't opperated Windows 7..

But I figure. Start menu - program files - accessorys - system Tools - system Information This is just a guess, i'm not 100% shure but thats the normal Pathway
 Bahamut.Avenged
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-12-26 00:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks that worked haha
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-26 00:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Np. ^.^
 Asura.Humtum
Server: Asura
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-26 00:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

how does monthly payments work??? same way as POL???
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-26 00:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, :P Steam is a free program that lets you buy and download games.

I obtained it when i bought Lost planet a few years back, There is No payment needed to operate Steam or anything, other then payment for the games.

you'll still be Billed Though POL for FFXI, since the game will still be with POL.

so yeah, only Billing that will happen when you use steam is the price of what ever you download. and for POL they'll bill you for your FFXI account.

the Two are Separate programs, think of... Steam, like ... a Torrent program, other then the fact you need to pay for what you dl