Picking Next Job To Take To 60... Should It Be THF?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Picking next job to take to 60... should it be THF?
Picking next job to take to 60... should it be THF?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-08 16:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, just go /WHM and get RR up. If you die, oh well, you're only LV50 and only lose like 200 exp. I find that with Skeleton Keys, Mimics are so rare anyway that they hardly ever show. I only got one once and that was with a Living key.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-08 16:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a THF so I've never picked a coffer, but they're not like Golden Salvage chests that just rape you as soon as you get back up? I guess they depop? D:
By Beouvle 2010-01-08 17:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they depop yeah.. I guess i'll go look into skeleton keys and /whm for the hell of it.. I wanted to try once at least in my thf career..

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Voluptasia
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Voluptasia 2010-01-08 17:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-01-08 17:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Voluptasia said:
no
^
By Beouvle 2010-01-08 17:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

No to who?

And I didn't know INT helps. That's good to know. Guess i'll pack it on when I go try..
 Hades.Vuprutan
Server: Hades
user: Vuprutan
By Hades.Vuprutan 2010-01-08 19:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an agreement with earlier posts really, using bolts is the way to go, and definitely worth spending the time keeping it capped. I only took THF to 37 on main char as a sub but have been working on farming mule which is 57THF so far.

Had marksmanship capped from levelling ranger when i levelled to 37 on main and had great fun, and made an already fun job more complete. When i started my farming mule (in process of getting cooking to 100, and buying ingredients all the time just blows) so my main priority was to keep marksmanship capped.

I would recommend venom bolts as these are usually by far the cheapest and just spam them with sushi, especially if you farm and solo a lot as i do with my mule, takes no time at all to get it capped, and if you solo a lot should definitely keep that stack of bloody bolts handy for an emergency, they pricy but worth it.

Boring speach over, enjoy thief :p
By Beouvle 2010-01-08 19:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was only using bloody and sleep for awhile cause it was all I could use, but now that i've leveled a bit more i gotta look into what else I can use.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-08 19:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleep bolts are awesome for skilling up. Or soloing some hard stuff really really really slowly but with 0 danger. There are definitely fights I've done on thf I couldn't have won without sleep bolts. Also fun for setting up solo SAs lol.