Forum » FFXI » General » Robber rig?
Robber rig?
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-12-20 03:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw that moat carp can (supposedly) be caught with this thing and since running back at forth from windy to sandy is a bit of a hassle time wise, I was wondering how good this would be for carps?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-20 03:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Never tried it but in general rigs are better at catching items and certain fish that are generally not as well caught with other stuff

Also insect paste in Knights well is by far the best bite rate of any fish anywhere period.

I litterally have gotten 200 carp in 200 cast in a day before lol
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-20 03:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

live bait always gets more bites unless its shelled/scaled fish like istiridye, as the item description implies
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-12-20 03:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh i know about the well lol thats where I usually fish I just dont like fishing there and going back to windy for more paste, rinse wash repeat.

I generally use rigs for this reason...so was just wonderin what the approx bite rate was seeing as how I've had great success with rigs in the past.
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-20 04:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

why not just level cooking lol its so easy and cheap.. should want it to make your own yag drinks anyway
 Midgardsormr.Shiroichi
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Shirai
By Midgardsormr.Shiroichi 2009-12-20 04:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Stick with bait for carp, if you get one carp out of 5 casts with a rig consider youself lucky.

And if you really want to catch every single carp for a Lu, good luck staying sane if you aren't going to use a third party.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-12-20 04:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Shiroichi said:
Stick with bait for carp, if you get one carp out of 5 casts with a rig consider youself lucky.

And if you really want to catch every single carp for a Lu, good luck staying sane if you don't bot it.

only 7k carp to go XD
Remora.Hackstealandbot said:
why not just level cooking lol its so easy and cheap.. should want it to make your own yag drinks anyway

I despise crafts required crystals...too many materials...requires farming..I haven't farmed in 2 years..>.> <----lazy
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-20 04:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It is much cheaper to make your paste. Like if I remember right you could probably make a stack of paste for like 50gil lol. And all the ingredients stack
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-12-20 04:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Running to windy can be a pain, but i always just got my insect paste from M&P's Market in Kahzam... Up to you to decide which is easier to get to, but it worked for me.