users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ix'Drk tips
Ix'Drk tips
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-12-19 18:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

OK so me and a few LS friends are trying to get more involved in sea. We popped Ix'Drk and I remember reading there was a way to get the RNGs that popped with him off so you just have Ix'Drk. We couldn't seem to get that to happen with numerous attempts. Any tips on how it's done?
 Fairy.Brenda
Server: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-19 18:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a RDM or someone else drop party and claim both of them and kite them away as the main party/alliance pulls drk to the square room.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-19 21:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Same as above, I used to pull both adds with Diaga while someone else was bringing back Ix'Drk to the elevator.
 Carbuncle.Shutupanddie
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shutupanddie 2009-12-19 22:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Same as above minus use of GA. IX will pop claimed. Idea is to move the claim to a add so someone else can claim IX.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Server: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-12-19 23:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

When we get the animosity message, my shell usually sends a rdm out to sleep any Ghrah on the way to zone while 1 or 2 ppl with /nin or other kiting capacity grab the adds and zone. Sometimes we've even sent a THF to claim grab hate from both adds, kits til shadows are out then hit flee to avoid the Ghrah.

Ive found that this way avoids a lot of unnessesary damage and/or deaths while separating mobs from Ix'DRK. Obviously the latter of the 2 helps more with low-man groups as you may be short handed on healers while kiting DRK until everyone is all together. a quick zone is usually the easiest way.

Just make sure you know the way out pretty good without glancing at the map much.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 23:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the large square rooms near the Fortitude spawns. When someone gets the message I have another person drop party, run ahead to sleep pot/ghrah then come back. Pop Ix'drk that person diagas and runs to zone. Just kite around that square. Pretty straight forward.
 Pandemonium.Yov
Server: Pandemonium
user: poff
By Pandemonium.Yov 2009-12-19 23:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you've a rdm in pt have him/her drop the party and just 2h gravity both pets while someone else take the nm , the rdm dies in a safe place or zone the pets then comes back , it is really easy.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-12-21 13:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Word, thanks for the tips people, probably gonna try it again this weekend.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-21 14:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Same as above, I used to pull both adds with Diaga while someone else was bringing back Ix'Drk to the elevator.
This way works pretty good. Whoever pops just run straight to the elevator and someone standing in the lobby area outside party can just diaga the two adds (so it doesn't hit Ix'DRK) and zone immediately. Have someone on the other side of the elevator door to gain hate and pull through.

If you decide you want to kite around the square rooms instead just have someone diaga the adds from outside party (again so it doesn't hit Ix'DRK) right when its popped and then kite to the palace entrance while whoever pops takes to square room.