Quitting the game
 Bahamut.Reeve
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-12-19 07:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,

I'm quitting the game, that's not necessarily an interesting thing to be reading I know, but I would like to take this opportunity to give Reeve and his trusty Galkan crystal/exp junk mule Pheasantplucker (formerly Numbnuts of the Bahamut server) away to someone.

It seems a shame to delete them both and I would rather repeatedly squish my gentlemen vegetables in a mechanical vice than see them both in the hands of RMT, so thats why I'm giving them away.

Both Characters are on the Ramuh server and Reeve's merits are upto date (if not slightly higher than shown) and his /dnc is @ 37 too. Reeve Has RNG, BST and COR @ 75 all with "not bad" gear and equipment.

Reeve has Sky and Dynamis - Xarcabard access but I never got around to getting any of the prommies done, not through lack of trying atleast.

If anyone is interested in adopting Reeve and his trusty Galkan crystal/exp junk mule Pheasantplucker (formerly Numbnuts of the Bahamut server) please reply to this thread or send me a PM through this site.

Just to be clear, I don't want any money/gil or anything material in return. All i want is for the person receiving to uphold the good name of Reeve in game and maybe let him watch a little mithra/mithra action now and then. I know Reeve has about 150k on hand and Pheasantplucker might have slightly more in junk items waiting to be auctioned, but Reeve is geared up and ready to shoot pointy sticks at pink birds on RNG, geared up and ready to throw dice in the faces of party members on COR and geared up and ready to shoot slightly homosexual hearts at Korrigans on BST.

If no one wants two guys, I'll delete them by 24/12/2009

Take care everyone, and merry Christmas.

*edit*
Noteable gear on Reeve:
Mirage Jubbah (free auto drop, don't even have BLU unlocked)
4/5 BST relic gear (need hands from Xarcabard)
2/5 RNG relic gear (head and hands)
2/5 COR relic gear (hands and legs)
Moldavite Earring
Selene's Bow
Othinus' Bow
Suppanomimi
Amemet Mantle +1 (lol...)
LVL70 NPC
Beaters Earring
Gun Belt
Empress Hairpin (lol...)
Suzaku's Sune-Ate (I have a decent Holy Bolt set, need a Kirin's Osode)
12x Jug of Sun Water (150k if you don't want to use it on BST, I bought it for the update - 1000 needle spam)
Retaliator's (ran into the NM when camping V/Bow, 1/1 on these - MNK13...)
Boreas Cesti (nice low lvl MNK Weapon)

Can't think of anything else right now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Spankyy
Server: Fenrir
user: spankyy
By Fenrir.Spankyy 2009-12-19 07:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

PM sent ; ;
 Fenrir.Qdog
Server: Fenrir
user: Qdog
By Fenrir.Qdog 2009-12-19 07:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

PM Sent meself. lemme know
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2009-12-19 07:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, a very generous offer. I hope the person who adopts them takes good care of them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Branwen
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-12-19 08:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure youre not making a rash decision. I nearly got rid of my account last year, so glad I didnt!
[+]
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-19 08:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

>w> I'll make the most use of that BST of yours..
It'd be funny to dualbox duo with myself. Haha.

I wonder what Baha is like.

If none of the other folk qualify to have your ACC, let me know!
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-12-19 09:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Bahamut.Reeve said:
Both Characters are on the Ramuh server
 Kujata.Nanyo
Server: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-12-19 10:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

/comfort, I know the feeling I'd never want to have to delete my Characters either.

I'd offer to help, but it seems you already have people and I wouldn't have the funds to keep them up along with my 2 accs. I already have XD Just hope whoever does takes good care of them ;P
 Bahamut.Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-12-19 10:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone,

I have had quite a lot of interest already, i honestly didn't expect this much interest right away. Then it dawned on me, I dont actually know what to do in terms of handing an account over.

Is it as straight forward as handing over the PoL id and passwords or is there more to it than that? And what happens to my personal info? Can that be viewed by the recipient? I don't particularly want people having my address, phone number and credit card info.

I'm going to give it a day or two before I decide who to give it to because of the amount of requests I've already had, want to make it fair so other people can have a chance. But any help regarding how personal info is stored would be appreciated i.e does it have to all be re-entered or is it already there for the recipient to view when they activate the account.
 Valefor.Dreamriver
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Dreamriver 2009-12-19 10:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Presuming you don't have a security token active on your account?
 Cerberus.Hoshiyo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hoshiyo 2009-12-19 10:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

When you hand the account over to someone all of your personal info remains. The best way to combat any identity theft (mainly someone consistantly charging your card after they take over the account is to contact SE through their online chat. Tell them your account was compromised, and you don't have any of the reg codes. Then let them know the credit card it's under and tell them you want it removed.

When the next person takes over the account your credit card information will be removes, but your personal info will still be there. I advise you change everything but your name (which you can't) before handing it over. I had a little problem with this with an old character and SE didn't remove the CC info (which was not viewable)
They charged me for one month, but then refunded me the next, because I told them before the next billing period someone else was using my credit card info, and they had to bite the bullet. Then the person in charge of the account will be required to put in a new form of payment.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-19 10:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest giving it to someone you know in game, so that if you ever change your mind, you can always get it back
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
Server: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2009-12-19 10:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
I would suggest giving it to someone you know in game, so that if you ever change your mind, you can always get it back

This ^^

but if not...

Im not 100% sure how it works but i recieved an account from a someone i knew a long time ago and i had to change all of his information when i got it. One thing i was unable to change over was his name in the acct info section. Hopefully someone can fill you in on whether or not you can remove your CC info (I would assume you can since people sell their accts to the RMTs all the time and God knows you would not want to let them see your CC number and all your info) I think you are allowed to delete all of your personal info after deactivating your content IDs which you will have to do to remove your CC info.
 Midgardsormr.Rilix
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Khan
By Midgardsormr.Rilix 2009-12-19 10:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hoshiyo said:
When you hand the account over to someone all of your personal info remains. The best way to combat any identity theft (mainly someone consistantly charging your card after they take over the account is to contact SE through their online chat. Tell them your account was compromised, and you don't have any of the reg codes. Then let them know the credit card it's under and tell them you want it removed.

When the next person takes over the account your credit card information will be removes, but your personal info will still be there. I advise you change everything but your name (which you can't) before handing it over. I had a little problem with this with an old character and SE didn't remove the CC info (which was not viewable)
They charged me for one month, but then refunded me the next, because I told them before the next billing period someone else was using my credit card info, and they had to bite the bullet. Then the person in charge of the account will be required to put in a new form of payment.

don't do this if you tell them the account was compromised they will probably just freeze the account making it useless to next person, some of you personal info will remain, some you can change and the CC info can be deleted.

here is how:

1. Service & Support >
2. Guide >
3. Unsubscribing from POL and Cancelling Content IDs >
4. Unsubscribe >
5. Complete a quick 3-6 Minuet Survey >
6. Proceed >
7. Check "Delete Credit Card Informaton" >
8. Unsubscribe
By ararita 2009-12-19 11:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aghhh! Ty for the information becoz that is a welcomed option for my bro who wants to leave.... well has quit ffxi after the last hijqacking/hacking /stripping of his acct...givine it away just may be an option..again thanks
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-19 12:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can always put in some random adress and such

windurst walls street 971
920 60 Ramuh

as for CC nr, im pretty sure it only shows the last 4 digits.

Edit: I have changed my adress so many times, and its not like they're checking up so you actually live on the adress you provide them =P
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-19 12:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:

Real quitters don't come back. >:3
 Remora.Endrance
By Remora.Endrance 2009-12-19 12:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Those who are wanting to take the account, don't do it for selfish reasons. Be a good guy/gal and take good care of the account.

Sorry to hear that your leaving bro.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-12-19 12:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Endrance said:
Those who are wanting to take the account, don't do it for selfish reasons. Be a good guy/gal and take good care of the account.
If I took this account I'd help every homeless galka...I'll find a cure to mad cat disease and stop the genocide of elvs in sandy!
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-19 12:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Rilix said:
don't do this if you tell them the account was compromised they will probably just freeze the account making it useless to next person, some of you personal info will remain, some you can change and the CC info can be deleted.

here is how:

1. Service & Support >
2. Guide >
3. Unsubscribing from POL and Cancelling Content IDs >
4. Unsubscribe >
5. Complete a quick 3-6 Minuet Survey >
6. Proceed >
7. Check "Delete Credit Card Informaton" >
8. Unsubscribe

Be 100% certain you complete the above process before handing over your account information to anyone. Otherwise you leave yourself susceptible to fraud. It's not going to clear out the entirety of your personal info you entered when you first registered, but it will prevent your credit card from being charged again.

Even if you didn't do this process, anyone with your account info could only view the last 4 digits of your CC info. Despite that, they could still ring up charges through POL (world transfers, content IDs and such) that would be charged to you if the above quoted measures were not taken.

And yes, calling up SE and telling them you're transferring the account to a new owner will simply have it locked, and therefore unusable by any party until the original owner jumps through a few hoops.
 Remora.Belius
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-20 00:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Evilswine said:
Remora.Belius said:
Bahamut.Reeve said:
Both Characters are on the Ramuh server

That's even better, now I can check out that MonstersInc <3333
 Bahamut.Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2009-12-20 06:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone,

Thanks Rilix for posting the help, I've followed these steps but for some reason quite a lot of the text in the PoL menu's were missing or cut off and I couldn't scroll down. So basicly I couldn't check the "Delete Credit card info" >_<

The account had been deactivated but can be rectivated at anytime within 3 months by simply logging in normally. I'm just waiting on an email from SE to confirm that my credit card info has been erased, theyre not open over the weekend so hopefully might get that tomorrow.

I have 5 people in mind for the account so far, and as soon as I get the email I'll be sure to let the person(s) know and hand it over :)

I'm sorry I can't reply to every message I get sent, I'd be here til next Xmas with my 5 words a minute keyboard skills.