users online
Forum » FFXI » General » A New Start
A New Start
 Fairy.Winterlight
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-12-17 22:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been thinking about starting a brand new account/char.

I have a character that I've done some stuff on and have good gear (not the uber gear tho) but I sometimes wonder what it would be like to do everything over again with all the knowledge I have now.

Some things I'm thinking about is starting as THF (cuz they all seem to be rich), not touching mage jobs at all (my old char is almost all mage) and doing a lot of the long forgotten quests that I did early on.

Anyone have experience doing this? Was it worth it?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-17 22:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done this multiple times. I have lv 4 or 5 chars up to 75 with different jobs and whatnot.

My honest opinion is, just start a new job on you existing char, its not worth the hassle of starting over.

When you do chocobo quest, rank missions to get airship pass and all that for a second time you will ask yourself wth you're doing, same when you realize you cant just change to any of your high lv jobs and solo the ***but have to ask/shout for help for every little thing you need to do.

Imagine having to gather those damn 200ish yag necks once again just to get ichi spell? working on fame, farming for gil. its not really worth it, believe me.

If you're bored with the jobs you have, just start on another one and enjoy not having to do stuff like unlocking subjobs and do rank missions, and things like that :)
[+]