Broken Gear Due To Last Maintenance?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Broken gear due to last maintenance?
Broken gear due to last maintenance?
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2009-12-17 11:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed that my Jr. Musketeer Chakram +2 no longer gives me STR+3 in areas outside my nation's control. Anybody else having similar issues?
[+]
 Leviathan.Syla
Server: Leviathan
user: Syla
By Leviathan.Syla 2009-12-17 11:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, yes. I noticed that a few of my macros for equip changes weren't working properly. For example, my Orochi Nodowa and Bravo's Subligar didn't become equipped after using the macro that is supposed to equip them. I also couldn't equip them manually from the menu either. It just kept my PCA in the neck slot even after manually seleting the Nodowa and also did that when trying to manually switch from Denali Kecks to Bravo's Subligar and vice versa. I called a GM and told them about it but it started working properly shortly thereafter so idk what was going on.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-17 11:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gear, but anyone elses counterstance been screwy? I was getting owned by Roc lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Syla
Server: Leviathan
user: Syla
By Leviathan.Syla 2009-12-17 11:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been on my MNK yet since the maintenance (which is weird considering I just got my Black Belt after 3 years of having the quest flagged) because I've been on my THF camping Timeworn Warrior for his Jasper Tathlum, which finally dropped 1/10 w/ TH3 on every kill. Roc has really high eva though so it's always hard to counter him. Kinda like how it's hard to counter THFs because of their evasion bonus. Idk for sure though since, as I said, I haven't played MNK since the maint.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-17 11:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Counterstance: Increases chance to counter but lowers defense

So getting owned by Roc is because you took the hate and
Wiki said:
While this ability is active, the user's defense rating is calculated only using the character's VIT and any bonuses from Minne. Defense bonuses and penalties from any other source (Armor, Job Traits, Protect) will be ignored (however, "Defense down" effects from enemies will still apply).

So I don't think there's anything wrong with counterstance in my opinion. Guess I'll have to try it out too to be sure.

SE will prob do another maintenance again just to fix the stuff.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-17 11:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant I wasn't countering >.>
[+]
 Valefor.Stubbie
Server: Valefor
user: Stubbie
By Valefor.Stubbie 2009-12-17 11:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru said:
I just noticed that my Jr. Musketeer Chakram 2 no longer gives me STR 3 in areas outside my nation's control. Anybody else having similar issues?

Are you sure you had signet on? I know at least with CP items like republic circlet you need signet active for them to give bonus
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-17 12:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Stubbie said:
Caitsith.Zabimaru said:
I just noticed that my Jr. Musketeer Chakram 2 no longer gives me STR 3 in areas outside my nation's control. Anybody else having similar issues?

Are you sure you had signet on? I know at least with CP items like republic circlet you need signet active for them to give bonus
Any item that deals with nation control requires signet, not just CP items like the resentment cape.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-12-17 12:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not so much any gear but the duration of sleep spells has been changed again imo.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2009-12-17 12:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Stubbie said:
Caitsith.Zabimaru said:

Yeah signet was my problem; feel kinda dumb. I had no clue those items required signet, I guess you learn something everyday. Thanks for the help.
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-12-17 12:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Not gear, but anyone elses counterstance been screwy? I was getting owned by Roc lol

During Salvage last night I didn't notice any change in my counter rate. *shrug*
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-17 12:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheep In Antlion's Clothing is broken. I did it the the other night and only got "Viridian Urushi":(

oh, wait...
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-12-17 13:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Sheep In Antlion's Clothing is broken. I did it the the other night and only got "Viridian Urushi":(

oh, wait...

lol'd