Forum » FFXI » General » Synergy blues
Synergy blues
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2009-12-15 18:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps it my own fault for getting my hopes up with this. Is anyone else less than impressed with this new feature? I was kinda under the impression that you could take your evolith/glyphs and add them to any non ex/rare item and voila you got some cool stuff. Unfortunately this isnt the case as only certain recipies are availiable. So far it seems that only the Ebon etc gear can use the aptants. Perhaps I just need to wait to see what I can use my haste glyph. Anywho thats just my 2 cents. Feel free to add to this.
[+]
 Sylph.Jetu
Server: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-15 18:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

aptants are used to make one of the 3 base ebon gear items into a more job specific item

i got 50 synergy shortly after update, i leveled it because it was fun, not because it can make nice things, that being seaid i have since made the aern dagger(for me) & aern polearm(for a friend), it was pretty fun to make
 Quetzalcoatl.Pchan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: pchan
By Quetzalcoatl.Pchan 2009-12-16 06:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You can craft the aern weapons with zero skill, I "did" majestas with no skill, I think you can craft anything with zero skill too. So it seems that skilling up is only useful for HQing or attaching evolith, which are typically not great or situationnal at best so far.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-12-16 07:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a guy running around with Sarissa yesterday with evolith attached: polearm ws acc+8 and another slot which was empty. Sadly I didn't get a pic of it >< if I see him again i'll get one and ask where he got evolith.

It's possible we'll only see good evoliths off the highest lvl NMs in the hunt registries and ppl are keeping quiet about them for now.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-12-16 08:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Pchan said:
You can craft the aern weapons with zero skill, I "did" majestas with no skill, I think you can craft anything with zero skill too. So it seems that skilling up is only useful for HQing or attaching evolith, which are typically not great or situationnal at best so far.
Not quite, every level your skill is below the level of the recipe, pressure and impurities will rise by one each time you feed, with a bottom cap of 5% impurity, ~13.5 pressure. And I think that the higher you get, the less likely you are to trigger an explosion while feeding fewell even at high pressure/impurity.

Aside from that, higher level probably makes lowering pressure/impurities more effective, as well as thwacking, recycling(lol) and repairing.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-16 09:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celestinia said:
I saw a guy running around with Sarissa yesterday with evolith attached: polearm ws acc 8 and another slot which was empty. Sadly I didn't get a pic of it >< if I see him again i'll get one and ask where he got evolith.

It's possible we'll only see good evoliths off the highest lvl NMs in the hunt registries and ppl are keeping quiet about them for now.
That particular Evolith is from the Drg Sahagin NM behind the Mythril door in SSG. I forget the name.