Meripo > AF Burn
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Megbite
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-12-14 17:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand the appeal of smn burning, hell i've done it numerous time. I've pulled, I've synced, and I've been smn. I get it, it's fast exp, whoop-de-do. But, you know what's better? a merit party!

From my personal experience, I would/will spend 30 min at minimum to gather people together. Now, add another 30 min minimum for a decent pull. 2hr > 40k. Okay great job, but what if you want more then a quick 2-4 merits? Go merit.

In a good merit party (I only do good merit parties), one can yield 30+k/hr. and meriting on average for 2-3 hours at a time, will result in better total exp/merits over a stupid smn burn.

There is no waiting for someone to WIld card you, there is no waiting for a long *** pull. There is no jackass' who finds it sexually pleasurable to diaga your mobs, and there is no need to pay you puller.

Stop paying these jackass' to pull for you. You can/will get better exp from a merit party.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
Server: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-14 17:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

On the other hand, with the downtime of pulling and resets and such, if someone cant fully focus on a merit party, this does give them another option to get merits quickly, without having to 100% focus.
[+]
 Titan.Bromber
Server: Titan
user: bromber
By Titan.Bromber 2009-12-14 17:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ok well you obviously have some problem with astral burns then because you get from 40-50k xp depending on the people you do it with and it takes 1 hour to pull/kill/wildcard. Ive done an astral burn an hour with non retards and pulled out 13 merits in 3.5 hours.
 Bahamut.Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-12-14 18:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had Great pulls too Bromber. Fireman on Bahamut is a freakin pro a that ***, and my hat's off to him.
But I digress. You've missed the intent of my posting. Reread the last line of the OP, my intent is to get lazy people off their ***' and go merit, and stop paying outlandish prices to these pullers who are taking advantage of people's stupidity.
I believe I didn't make that clear enough in my OP.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-14 18:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Imperial standing is nice too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Retin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-12-14 18:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A good merit MIGHT yield more exp/hr, but in a AF burn you don't have to focus for more than 5 min, wich is WIN WIN WIN :D
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2009-12-14 18:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

People are lazy and dont want to get off their ***. Stop trying to tell other people how to play, if they want to pay people to pull for them etc let them.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-12-14 19:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Imperial Standing makes merit pts more beneficial overall. But...merit pts are boring as *** :(
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2009-12-14 19:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Chigoe burn!
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-12-14 22:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Megbite said:
I understand the appeal of smn burning, hell i've done it numerous time. I've pulled, I've synced, and I've been smn. I get it, it's fast exp, whoop-de-do. But, blah blah blah..

tl;dr crying

Cool story, bro.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-12-15 01:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek said:
Chigoe burn!
I set one of these up a while ago, and they are surprisingly really fun XD. We got 30k/hr, and you do alot more work in one of these than you would soloing blm on pets. It has potential for alot more exp/hr than that, but i dont know anyone with a pld/dnc mule with kclub =/
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-15 02:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Try meritting when you're not a favoured job with any consistency of good exp/hr.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Areaden
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Areaden
By Gilgamesh.Areaden 2009-12-15 02:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone ever play Final Fantasy Adventure III on the GB? There was a room you could just touch a button and fight mobs. They need that, just have one guy click the button for the mob to pop. Anyways if you played it you know what im talking about :D
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2009-12-15 16:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Try meritting when you're not a favoured job with any consistency of good exp/hr.

{True Strike} So OP, would you take my BST meriting with you for uber merits, or would I be better off leeching a smn burn if i'm willing to use my wild-card?
[+]
 Bahamut.Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-12-15 16:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It is not my intention, wish or desire to tell you or anyone else how to play the game. I think you should do so as you wish, even if that means sitting inside your mog house watching him spin for hours on end.

For those without "favored jobs" perhaps smn burning is for you. It's too bad though, because instead of paying someone to pull for you, you could easily level a "favored job" and collect the ISP as a nice little bonus while collecting on average more exp/hr.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-15 17:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP, I agree with you that astral burning doesn't necessarily offer hot xp/hr when compared to a really good meripo. I think Raenryong and Xantavia touched on the main reason why they're such a big thing though. Granted, it is an easy way out, but at this point in the game I doubt many people who don't have the appropriate jobs leveled for meripo aren't looking for some easy way out.

That and, it does make it easier to merit when you can't focus 100% on your gameplay.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-12-15 17:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

@Xantavia
You have RNG75. Void.

In my own opinion: 25-30k+ hour nyzul birds + a chance at 500k every hour that you make 3k IS for ISNM3K > Astral PT, especially after you see some of the retards that are new and have solely leveled to 75 using astral burns.

I don't mind making 50k off of them for using wild card every 2 hours while I race my chocobo in free runs though lol.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
Server: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-15 18:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people dont like RNG for TPburn.

They prefer, BRD, COR, RDM, SAM, SAM, SAM or WAR
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-16 01:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's one of the reasons I'm leveling rdm now lol.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-12-25 04:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
@Xantavia You have RNG75. Void. In my own opinion: 25-30k hour nyzul birds a chance at 500k every hour that you make 3k IS for ISNM3K > Astral PT, especially after you see some of the retards that are new and have solely leveled to 75 using astral burns. I don't mind making 50k off of them for using wild card every 2 hours while I race my chocobo in free runs though lol.

True story, guy showed up to Einherjar, leader asked ls who had BRD, guy goes, "I got 75BRD but I haven't bought any spells for it" lmao
[+]
 Asura.Humtum
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-25 05:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm i wounder why people don't want drg anymore for birdburns, please someone give me a good reason =D
By Izey 2009-12-25 05:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the big picture is....

Astral burn is the perfect way to get your typical jackass to 75 without ever join a regular party, this way they can pour their suckness upon unsuspecting players.

Other than that, I wouldnt want to level all my subs though PTing.... waitin for exp Pt.... flagged for hours.... buying all this useless gear your only gonna use till 37.... like I got my girls DRK burned to 37 so she can do RDM/DRK because she only plays mage jobs, and all you need from /Drk is stun, and she knows how to use stun =D
There for Astral Burns > Meripo, when it comes to leveling things that arent 75.
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-25 05:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

merit party is way more fun that astral burn, enough said
By Izey 2009-12-25 05:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the majority of Dragoons are played by 9yr olds who dont know how to play the game. By all means I welcome them, just not to merit. For some reason every single DRG I do anything with has been clueless... its just... a cursed job..... kids figure "OMG a little dragon what will go with me anywhere awesome!" so they play DRG =\
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-25 05:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

true, but on the odd occurrences you get one equipped with the kind of gear that turns you on ;p magic really does happen.
By Izey 2009-12-25 05:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That happened once!
Once, and it was amAZING :Q
Af2 complete, Aeres's Complete, Homam complete.
I was like O_O
The only let down was he was subbing RDM instead of BLU ;p
(Yes we used DRG healer for a merit PT and it was awesome).
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-25 07:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
Because the majority of Dragoons are played by 9yr olds who dont know how to play the game. By all means I welcome them, just not to merit. For some reason every single DRG I do anything with has been clueless... its just... a cursed job..... kids figure "OMG a little dragon what will go with me anywhere awesome!" so they play DRG =\

Thank you.

Just, thank you. Now I know that I'm not the only one who thinks most of them still believe in cooties.
 Asura.Humtum
By Asura.Humtum 2009-12-25 08:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol sectum i noticed your job at this current momment is drg/blu ;p
By Rangappa 2009-12-25 08:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Korroloka Tunnel is almost always scheduled on ifrit, most of them have static burn people to, I was able to get in one through luck I suppose(someone knew about me or something), and it was really well organized four people pulled which came down to like two areas each. Quick escape, job change, burn, escape again, wild card all with in 40ish minutes only to do it again in the same time frame. So as long as my math is correct thats 126k limit/exp points in two hours vs. 60k limit points in two hours. As far as limit points go astral burns win over merit parties, how many times are you going to find top notch people to pump out 30k an hour. I also agree with most people saying burning up jobs past a sub is ridiculous, 75 brd with no songs, I lol'd.
[+]
First Page 2 3