Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF37 SATA VB Rings
THF37 SATA VB Rings
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-12-12 23:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In general at this level for SATA VB or SA VB, which would be better along side Rajas Ring, a STR+3 Ring, DEX+3 Ring, or AGI+3 Ring?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-12 23:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For SA definitely 3 dex. For just TA agi. That would add 3 to your base dmg while the str will only add .75 and agi will add nothing on SA and dex will add well just a little acc on TA.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-13 00:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on this article from Wiki, I think Rajas works much better due to the DEX/STR: DEX increases accuracy and chance of critting, STR increases attack. Also it mentions that, like Evisceration, VB's modifiers are 1 DEX = 5/4 AGI = 5 STR.

Feel free to critique me, though--I'm just a humble PLD who stumbled across that article long ago, and thought to share it. :)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-13 00:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Based on this article from Wiki, I think Rajas works much better due to the DEX/STR: DEX increases accuracy and chance of critting, STR increases attack. Also it mentions that, like Evisceration, VB's modifiers are 1 DEX = 5/4 AGI = 5 STR.

Feel free to critique me, though--I'm just a humble PLD who stumbled across that article long ago, and thought to share it. :)
He said along side the rajas. Obviously use rajas in one finger. The chance to crit wont really matter on sata or just SAVB since already critting. Also VB has no stat mods. Period. Just look it up on wiki lol. And either way he wasn't saying VBs stat mods are that he means if it did have dex stat mod like evisceration which it doesn't the aproximate value on SATAVB between the stats would be like that.
Since it really doesn't have stat mods it more like on SATAVB 1dex=agi=4str
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-13 00:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Really the best bet for figuring out what will be best for certain ws jas etc is... http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Weapon_Skill_Damage Takes a bit of reading and figuring out but it wont stear you wrong. Or http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Physical_Damage

Edit: interesting seems the SA TA mods are added after ftp is multiplied in... not like it changes anything on VB being a ftp of 1 but still didn't know that.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-13 00:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Buh. I can't read. Okay, I'll go for DEX ring, then. XD
 Fenrir.Fizzycandy
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fizzycandy 2009-12-13 01:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Anye said, 1 DEX = 5/4AGI = 5 STR for SATA Viper Bite, go and check out http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Thief_Weapon_Skill_Damage_Guide_by_Malizia if you want
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-13 01:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah wiki says there is no dex mod and alla says there is QQ, also to note that is around when stat mods will start getting lvl corrected so that will start to change things slightly
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-12-14 11:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There isnt a dex mod on VB, only a 2x att buff. Omg Alla says 30% dex lol, no way it is.
VB would be better then mandalic stab on that case (2x att vs 1.67). And it's not.

For the op, you go with dex all the way man and put agi where you cant get it. I think the only slot you cant get dex is ear, so put some drones there. Also, a 3 dex ring will almost always be better than rajas on your lvl. Str from rajas could add +1 base damage and put it on equal grounds, but that would change from mobs you fight(and you dont stick with only one type on most low lvl camps). Full timing rajas could give some small boost due store tp i guess.

Ok now, why is it that ppl are considering solo TA on that lvl? You will gain close to nothing by doing that. Try to always get a trick partner to be 100% effective. Hell SATA the brd if anything hahaha. If for some reason you don't SATA then i guess you could put some att earrings for SA. But considering VB's nature you wont even notice an increase with them. Please hear my plea, try being on pts you can sata to be 100% effective lol.