users online
Forum » FFXI » General » UCS-5111 Error Code
UCS-5111 Error Code
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-12-10 04:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I am getting a UCS-5111 Error Code when I log in to reactivate my account. I have no earthly idea what this error code means... either one of the two following:
A) My account is being a pain in the ***, I do have a positive available balance according to my bank account, but I have a negative total deposit balance.
B) SE is tired of my ***with my card, and is officially blocking my card from being used on any FF account.
I do not have a secondary account I can test my card on, and do not wish to register a new account just to figure out what this things issue is. Either I'm missing something, or it is just being a complete ***. Anyone with any idea on this or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-10 04:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be sweet if the would release a list of all error codes and let us know wtf they all mean <.<
 Seraph.Ryden
Server: Seraph
user: Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2009-12-10 05:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Would be sweet if the would release a list of all error codes and let us know wtf they all mean <.<

best list I've seen:
http://killingifrit.com/forums/topic/174849-ffxi-error-codes/
It's not a full list but its got a good majority of the error codes and what they are.

As to Op, I've had that error code before too, typically from card issues or the server's doing maintenance (which I'm fairly sure it isn't); from best of my experience if your card has a hold, or has some balance issues it won't go through the $1 check that SE likes to do. Or it could be pol being stupid and not taking your card, I know I've had to try about 4-5 cards once before it'd finally take one...

If your cards worked before and this isn't a new Card I'd lean towards A) and try to change your information tomorrow or wait a few days/hours. But, if the card's new I'd lean towards it being one that just doesn't work well with pol (My new bank card was like that when they switched from MasterCard to Visa it wouldn't accept the Visa's number, even though the account info was identical and it had a positive balance. I ended up going and getting a re-loadable Green-Dot card from the drugstore and it worked fine <.<; ) Hope you get your problem fixed though :\
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-12-10 05:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My card is definately not new, been using it since October of last year for FF. As far as I can tell, not maintenance on the registration server, though I would not be shocked if they were doing one without notification, that's SE for us. My guess is you are right, im probably better off waiting until my bank opens at like 9am, and rechecking my account to see if it updates, then trying it again. It's probably just some stupid balance issue that is conflicting with SE's stupid verification, I'll just give it until later today, and give it a shot again. Thanks for the input though, much appreciated.