Do You Use Haste?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Do you use haste?
Do you use haste?
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-12-08 18:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing whm for quite a long time, and honestly, I very, very rarely actually cast Haste on myself (just on others who need it). For DD, sure, but not when I'm in normal healing mode. I've found that not only do I not typically need it, but in the cases where I wish I had lots of haste (multiple cure5s to restore a group) the "little" amount of haste I get from the spell is no where near enough anyway, and not enough to justify the cost/time in MP.

Typically if I need to cure-bomb, I'll do cure5-cure4-cure5-cure4-repeat until dry. And by the time the cure4 is done casting, cure5 timer is up anyway.

Am I alone in this? Or am I doing something horribly wrong?
 Remora.Bradt
Server: Remora
user: Bradt
By Remora.Bradt 2009-12-08 18:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, you're fine. Only time you really need to haste yourself is if you have to spam something like erase esuna or cura a lot (I.e. Fafnir, Serket, KA, Einherjar)
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-12-08 18:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely cast haste on myself <-whm
 Fairy.Maimed
Server: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2009-12-08 18:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithano, Haste has a huge effect when you stack it on. You may want to play with some WHM haste gear builds and see how much haste equipment you can use and see how much of a difference it makes on your cures. If the difference isn't by much then you can essentially have a BIG CURE and HASTE CURE build. One for maximum curing efficiency, and one just for spamming cures in short bursts. Although I really can't imagine needing to curebomb repeatedly unless you have PLD/WAR bloodtanking HNMs or Byakko.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-08 18:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
I'm not a whm, but casting haste on yourself lowers the recast on haste itself, allowing you to haste DDs faster, no? I'm not sure if it actually saves time though. It probably takes less time to just haste the DDs.

It can help speed up hasting DDs but its also very taxing on mp depending on the amount of DDs there are. If you're only hasting 2 DDs you dont need to cast that fast.

--

I cast haste on myself when Im having issues remembering to haste people. As a rdm I dont have issues keeping up a refresh cycle but for the life of me I forget about haste something aweful especially when Im tired cause I play so late. Haste helps me remember cause when it wears off I know everybody elses is wearing off soon.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-08 18:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

When playing WHM on my alternate character, I don't normally cast haste on myself. Just cycle through tanks.

Really because the extra reduction in casting/recast timers doesnt seem worth the mp cost, or the headache of adding one more person to the haste cycle. Might just be laziness, too... because I dont normally haste, buff, (or sometimes even cure lol) people outside of my party. But then the people I play with arent HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and I normally dont need to.

Plus whenever I'm playing WHM, it's always dual boxed. I'm doing something on another character as well, so the less things I have to concern myself with, the better.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-12-08 18:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely haste myself on whm..it is nice when you need to tho. You can easily get to 21% haste with cheap AH gear and swift belt. I sumtimes use in Nyzul or dynamis for Raises and such. But the best is whm DD'ing with 21%+ haste in campaign..its fun try it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
Server: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-08 18:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Low level I did not. At 75 however I usually do, for e.g. merits, salvage bosses where I have to NA people quickly etc.

As haste is not effected in efficiency by stats, I cast it in capped haste + -ENM. The faster I can finish haste/regen cycles, the more time I can spend resting. While it may not be as noticeable unless you have very decent/capped Hmp, it does help.
[+]
 Diabolos.Delion
Server: Diabolos
user: Delion
By Diabolos.Delion 2009-12-08 19:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't haste myself often on WHM because I very rarely need it. However capping on haste gear and using the haste spell really helps when using spells with long recast times like Esuna, Raise, etc. I always carry around a haste build just for those occasions where Esuna spam is necessary and for raising people after a rapeage. Also very useful for haste cycles in meripo or tanks during an HNM but since you only need to haste two-three tanks I don't usually haste myself, more of a waste of MP. For curing, casting the spell haste is good, cuts off a good 1-2 seconds but in the overall situations it is not necessary. Cure potency should ALWAYS be top priority when it comes to curing, the haste from the blessed mitts/pants should be enough for every curing situation along with the Light Arts -10% recast time. For everything else Cure potency > -Enmity > MP/MND balanced ratio depending on your race.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-12-08 19:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

At 75, having access to CC merits, and blessed gear really cuts on your casting time, now add extra gear and Sch sub, and really don't need to self Haste as often, unless you have to spam a spell a lot (with huge recast time) or are weakened. Timers can be cut quite a lot with the right setups.

(weakened I would equip Walmart turbant and swiftbelt for Raisega)