Blau Dolch Make A Difference?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Blau Dolch make a difference?
Blau Dolch make a difference?
 Fairy.Darkei
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-12-01 21:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

unlike many here, I'm just getting decent gear for my thief, but my question is, ¿Blau Dolch worth it?

atm I have a gimp Fane Baselart, but now I can buy Blau, really can notice a change?

Fane Baselart (DMG 5~6 TA +2) what you think about this?

EDIT: i think on the name of WS xD mistake, Fane baselart :x
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-12-01 21:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

by Mandalic Stab i'm assuming you meant Fane Baselard. Blau is amazing and irreplaceable by purchasable gear. you'll only replace it when you get Mandau and X's Knife really. Fane Baselards at HIGH end compete as off hand vs. Sirocco Kukri. Buy a Blau and you wont be dissapointed.

edit: Fane's with DMG+6 accuracy+10 TA+2 are RARE, but if you get one that's a much better off hand then Sirocco imo
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-12-01 21:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Dellrium said, the only daggers that replace blau is X's and Mandau, P Harpe also

But those three aren't easily attained, so blau is definitely the best option

and @ Dellrium, you have to remember fane baselard offhand is only 22 DMG
 Fairy.Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-12-01 21:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Here I see many with

Fane baselart (5~6 damage TA+2) as main hand
and sirocco, thief knife, blau, etc as off hand

Seraph.Bulleta
Server: Seraph
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-01 21:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Blau Dolch is a very good weapon, but not really by itself.

What I mean is...

Don't blow all of your gil just to have 1 very good item, and gimp yourself in other areas to have it.

If you have the gil to really pimp your thief out in all areas, then the blau dolch is for you. The Blau Dolch is not going to make your dmg awesome by itself. Just don't gimp yourself to have a great weapon XD
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-12-01 21:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i keep forgetting fane gets slapped in the face when off hand. if your based DMG on the fane is 33 or more then main hand it obviously. however i wouldnt use one without triple attack+2 and/or accuracy+10.
 Fairy.Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-12-01 22:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed Bulleta, but now i'm looking for rare/ex gear and another things "free" (of events) but about weapon is my question, and X' or mandau not stay in my possibilities :P

thank you all for the answers
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-12-01 22:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

as a plus side to NOT having a blau dolch you can actually store TP and lolSkillchain without seeing a drastic difference in your damage
 Asura.Misono
Server: Asura
user: Misono
By Asura.Misono 2009-12-01 23:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Blau can be good and BAD; DOT wise for situation purposes that is.
(accuracy and attack on any weapon is godly...)

OK!
Lets say you are in salvage/nyzul and fighting a mob or NM and you get weaponskill disabled, You'll most likely be over 100 tp+, which can gimp your DOT due to Blau awesome reverse latent....turning 33 damage into 26.. you either reset TP by playing with Ammo swap or take it off your weapon once it reaches 100 and repeat<.< or you can just play it simple and use something "Solid". I'm not hating on Blau, its a great and fun dagger and all..Just it has it's limits.
IF you do get Blau, please keep this in mind :P

Bonus advice:

As long as you're not curing a mob with your dagger you're one step awesome! *cough-Sirocco @ birds*
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-12-02 00:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd recommend getting one if you have the means. If you use thief a lot it is worth buying one. If you are one of the lucky ones to be able to get one of the better ones you can always resell it. Price is pretty constant unless they introduce a better and cheaper/faster dagger.
If you aren't serious about thief you can get by with other options and save yourself 2mil. It's nice, but not necessary (like most other things).
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-02 00:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Misono said:
As long as you're not curing a mob with your dagger you're one step awesome! *cough-Sirocco @ Puks*

XD
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-02 20:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes a huge difference but in something like salvage, ouch.. or a time when you simply can't use tp it takes a dive. I am going for x's knife for a x's/blau combo.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-02 21:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Any situation where you can't ws, you can always just take it off swap a slot that loses TP >.>

"which can gimp your DOT due to Blau awesome reverse latent"
Should never be an issue in any situation.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-02 21:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Any situation where you can't ws, you can always just take it off swap a slot that loses TP >.> "which can gimp your DOT due to Blau awesome reverse latent" Should never be an issue in any situation.
Fighting imps?
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-02 21:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, point taken. I said never too soon, but never in the situations they were mentioning (prior to ability in salvage, can't ws floor in nyzul, ect)
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-02 21:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Yea, point taken. I said never too soon, but never in the situations they were mentioning (prior to ability in salvage, can't ws floor in nyzul, ect)
Well I never seen a no ws floor but either way both those situations unless you know your gunna be able to use tp soonish losing the tp won't hurt. Though part of Blaus appeal is it's ability to help you get to ws faster. Pure dps sirruco generally wins. Hell when I was still going as thf in salvage just having only weapons unlocked I stole hate from mnks that had a good 5-6 cells with sirroco lol. Granted not the best of mnks but still