Evasion+ Vs Evasion SKill +
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-11-27 14:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the Differece? Can you have a full set of Evasion+ and work as well as Evasion Skill+? Do you neeed Evasion Skill+? or can i THF tank with Evasion+?
 Bismarck.Barrd
Server: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-11-27 14:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Evasion Skill give + 4
Evasion give a +1 that you cant see+1
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 14:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Barrd said:
Evasion Skill GIVE 4
Evasion GIVE 1
Wut? Proof?
[+]
 Bismarck.Barrd
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-11-27 14:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

1 skill = 4 evasion
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2009-11-27 14:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are giving him false info ><

Evasion Skill will only do so much. You can stack straight skill and at some point, you wont get any more evasion.

You need to use some regular Evasion gear also to raise your base.

Think of it as a cup of water. Adding skill makes the cup bigger, but its still the same amoutn of water. Raise the water by adding some more evasion.

IF i rememebr correctly. And from personal experiences.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 15:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Barrd said:
1 skill = 4 evasion
I heard you the first time. Where did you get this information from? This sounds like complete *** to me.
[+]
 Fairy.Akiba
Server: Fairy
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-11-27 15:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Evasion Skill sets your evasion Level. Evasion+ helps you evade more in that level.

Example:

Lets say you have 250 Eva Skill. And +20 Evasion.

Mob Acc% divided by a certain percentage that 250 sets. after this math is done THEN the extra +20 Evasion is figured in to give you a CHANCE to evade.

So the higher you raise your SKILL the more higher chance you have to "naturally" evade but you still need to pack on the AGI and Evasion in order to take full Advantage of the Eva you are getting.

I think i am drunk... because this makes sense to me and I believe i did a piss poor job explaining it.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 15:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of skills are factored in the game such as:

For Evasion skill > 200
1 Evasion skill on gear = 0.9 evasion
1 Evasion on gear = 1 evasion
2 AGI = 1 evasion

So using this system, straight evasion + is better than evasion skill IF evasion works on the same system as most other combat skills.

Claiming that 1 evasion skill = 4 evasion is pure non-sense.
[+]
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-11-27 15:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1 Eva =/= 1 Eva Skill

Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-11-27 15:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be, 2 Eva = 1% eva rate, and 1 Skill over 200 = .9% Eva rate, just like weapon acc.
2 Acc = 1 hit rate, 1 Skill = .9
Edit**
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
A lot of skills are factored in the game such as:

For Evasion skill > 200
1 Evasion skill on gear = 0.9 evasion
1 Evasion on gear = 1 evasion
2 AGI = 1 evasion

So using this system, straight evasion is better than evasion skill IF evasion works on the same system as most other combat skills.

Claiming that 1 evasion skill = 4 evasion is pure non-sense.

This
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 15:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Should be, 2 Eva = 1% eva rate, and 1 Skill over 200 = .9% Eva rate, just like weapon acc.
2 Acc = 1 hit rate, 1 Skill = .9

I think you know what you want to say but are saying it incorrectly.

If you have Axe skill 250 and add +7 skill your accuracy would increase: 0.9*7 = 6.3 round down 6. (Although this varies since the 50 above 200 is calculated into your accuracy along with the +7 skill, its possible with the correct combat skill to get the full 7 accuracy).

Talking about evasion rate and hit rate is bad terminology.
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-11-27 15:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is speculation but thinking Offensive and Defensive Combat skills work the same is naive. If they worked the same then why arent we allowed to put 8 merits into defensive skills.

However, saying that Eva ~= Eva Skill is like saying Attack = Axe Skill (for example).

Skill has a much bigger influence then just pure Evasion.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-11-27 15:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Safe to assume that it's the same as Melee acc, but I mixed up on skill one, .9 was 1 acc not hit rate.

Edit**

Yea trying not to die and type is a bad idea.
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-11-27 16:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the true answer is... NO ONE REALLY knows how Evasion Works. It has been argued forever...

Just pack on as much skill, eva, and agi as possible. I find the biggest boost in each slot and use it.

Eva Gear worth wearing:
Optical Hat/Empress Hairpin
Evasion Torque
Velocity Earring
Scorpion Harness
Seiryu Kote
Hanzo Tekko
Boxers Mantle
Scouter's Rope
Dance Shoes
Emissary Boots
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-27 16:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
Think of it as a cup of water. Adding skill makes the cup bigger, but its still the same amoutn of water. Raise the water by adding some more evasion.

....thirsty c.c
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 16:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm evasion tanking something on NIN this is the gear I use.

Evasion+57 Evasion Skill+17 AGI+19

This has allowed me to solo Aquarius and Amemet, and evasion tank Big Bomb, Charybdis and others.

I realize there are other evasion+ gear I can get such as Wivre Ring or Wivre Ring +1 and some evasion+ katanas. But I haven't really been in a position where I felt my evasion gear needed more. If anything I could probably add a little more accuracy.
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-11-27 16:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

and i thought this was a thf forum....

OP: as THF you'll want more evasion skill+ while tanking in low man situations followed by evasion+. that will net you the best results to our naturally A+ evasion
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 16:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Delirium said:
Does it matter that much that I'm showing my NIN evasion gear? Really? Evasion works exactly the same on both jobs, THF has higher skill and can equip everything listed except hands, legs and feet.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Server: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-11-27 17:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

evasion skill should always be better than standard eva. if not the game machanics are broke, but then again whats new there.
[+]
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-11-27 17:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Siren.Delirium said:
Does it matter that much that I'm showing my NIN evasion gear? Really? Evasion works exactly the same on both jobs, THF has higher skill and can equip everything listed except hands, legs and feet.
i wasnt slighting you bro. i'm just stating that most of the people in this specific thread have correlated evasion to ninja. Mainly Akiba. i totally understand where you're coming from with your gear set and it makes sense, but suggesting ninja gear to a thf seams pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 17:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Funsam said:
evasion skill should always be better than standard eva. if not the game machanics are broke, but then again whats new there.
Again like I said earlier, for other skills like Axe, 1 skill = 1 attack and 1 accuracy when less than 200.

When you are greater than 200 skill for Axe, 1 skill = 0.9 accuracy and 1 attack.

You would think that skill is better, but we have no way to prove it is or is not and this model is seen in many other places in the game. I'm not saying evasion works like this end of story. There is no testing on it so no one is sure. However, it makes sense that it does.
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-11-27 17:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm, where did that 1 skill = 4 eva come from? Well, thank goodness some reasonable people posted.

So yeah, to the OP, go for the piece with the highest amount, be it skill or evasion. Well, the only piece you will really notice such clash is the earring and to that i will add: Elusive Musical Novia and stuff > Evasion earring.

There was a topic with a test on alla. I'll try to find it later.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 17:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Delirium said:
but suggesting ninja gear to a thf seams pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
It was showing an example of a decent evasion setup, it wasn't "Hey buddy, gear you THF with this NIN gear." -.-

Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-11-27 17:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Delirium said:
i wasnt slighting you bro. i'm just stating that most of the people in this specific thread have correlated evasion to ninja. Mainly Akiba. i totally understand where you're coming from with your gear set and it makes sense, but suggesting ninja gear to a thf seams pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

Yes, because Eva works SO differently from Thf to Nin...

And Actually Hyp your setup is great and looky there Thf can wear nearly ALL of that same gear... curious...

I think helping is helping no matter where it's coming from especially when you are experienced in it like NINs tend to be
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-27 17:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Go run parse on your evasion rate, you won't tell a difference between the two, promise.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-27 17:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt 1 evasion = .5% evade rate... Anyone with FFXI calc and half a brain can tell you that.
So 2 Evasian = +1% evasion rate AGL go verse mobs DEX, and since 2 dex is +1 ACC(.5hit rate)(onehanded) it stands to reason 2 agl is .5 evasion rate .5 parry rate.5 shield block rate. Those I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt.
As far as evasion skill I donno how to test/proove that but i highly suspect skill=evasion 1-200. and 201+ skill =.9 evasion so +.45 evasion rate. Like I said I donno for sure about the skill but it makes perfect sense. so easiest way to think about it is 10evasion skill is as good as 9 straight evasion at high levels.

so 4agl=2evasion=2skill=1 evade rate 1-199 skill
4agl=2evasion=2~3skill(depending on total skill)= 1 evade rate 201+
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-27 17:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

cant tell the difference because you only lose .5 evade rate every 10 skill vs 10 evasion.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5