So Who's Done Something That...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » So who's done something that...
So who's done something that...
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-20 09:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't realize what a negative effect until much later and now feel bad for having done so? Share your stories! I'll post mine in a bit after I get some food.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-20 09:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I went back in time... And I stepped on a butterfly. I wish I had known it'd have such an impact... ;.;

Really though... Not that I can think of. I can usually see what impact my actions will have.
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-20 09:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I introduced my little sister to animation.

I have created a monster. A cute monster though.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-20 09:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I was 15 at the time of my said incident, so I was gunning for 1 person and hit all the civilians in the crossfire in the process. 6 years later, just realized what I did.

I was working at YaYa's Chicken and was there for 6 months, everything was great. Got along w/ everyone, the manager loved me. At about the 6 month point, we had gotten a new manager, who was a straight up ***, every step of the way. I rode my bike to work, for example. If I would get rained on when headed to work, he'd send me home because I wasn't "presentable". He called me and the other black guy there the affirmative action twins (which actually made me laugh, but he wasn't saying it in a joking manner). Also, when I cracked my head open when I was 15, my co-worker called him and told him I couldn't come in today because of it and his reaction was something along the lines of "OMG, can you cover his shift?"

Needless to say, there was a lot of heat between me and this guy. So one week, he randomly puts me on a probation. He says "if you make any mistakes this week at all, you're gone," so I was putting out job apps cause I know what was gonna go down. Long story short, he finds his BS reason and cans me (I didn't help Charline w/ one of her responsibilities because I was busy w/ one of my own and I was apparently "not working well w/ the crew").

So the catch here, there is me and and 3 other 15 year olds that work there, and a group of 16-17 year olds. We were all working 30-40hrs a week. I never complained about it because I loved the money, but I happened to look up child labor laws when I got fired, and as payback to the *** manager, I called the child labor laws on the guy
Quote:
Minors 14 and 15:
When public school is in session, minors may work a maximum of 3 hours per day on school days and up to 8 hours per day on Saturday, 8 hours on Sunday and 8 hours on non-school days, when a school day does not follow. Remember these daily times are options as this age group is able to work only 15 hours per week (seven day period). They may work between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. but may not work during public school hours.

When school is not in session, June 1st through Labor Day, 14 and 15 year old minors may work up to 8 hours each day and 40 hours per week between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 p.m.

Minors 16 and 17:
When public school is in session, minors 16 & 17 may not work before 6:30 a.m. or after 11 p.m. or for more than 8 hours per day, when school is scheduled the following day, nor during the hours that school is in session. These hour limitations do not apply on non-school days when a school day does not follow, during non-school weeks, and during summer vacation.
When school does not follow the next day, such as Friday, Saturday, and other days that precede a holiday, minors 16 and 17 may work until their shift is completed. Example: A minor begins work on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and the shift ends at 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning. This is not considered a violation of the regulation that minors may not work before 6:30 a.m. when school is scheduled the following day, because the minor is completing his Saturday shift, and not beginning a work shift before 6:30 a.m. on Sunday.

These teens may work no more than 30 hours per week when school is in session. However, during the Summer vacation and non-school weeks they may work unlimited hours.

While my mission was a success, he got hit w/ some decent fines, and I pissed him off, all the other minors got a HUGE cut in hours, which I didn't really understand at the time (was just tryin to get the manager in trouble). So I was randomly looking up child labor laws today and was like oh ***, I *** over a lot of people when I left that place, so I feel bad for it.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-20 10:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How is that a bad thing what you've done by ensuring those kids enjoyed they're kidiness?

Those laws exist for a reason. Why jump into the adult world when you can be blissful for a few more years?

They probably got in more study time, an extra hour with their families etc. If they got an extra half an hour doing anything outside of work, that's time that can NEVER be bought back.

They'll probally would have been pissed back then, but I don't think they would hold a grudge now.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-11-20 10:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I get Vegetto's point with his feeling bad for them. His whole objective was to get that PoS manager in trouble, but in doing so, he accidently harmed some of the others that he worked with and didn't have issues with. He in no way wanted to hurt them, and I can understand why he feels bad. Remember, at that age, most kids want money to get stuff and do things. So, thats why he feels bad, because he caused them not to make the money that they wanted to make.

/comfort Vegetto
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-20 10:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hey professor are you going to collect the homework?"
"Oh that's right. Please turn it in."
*entire class gives me the stink eye*
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-20 11:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting story. At the beginning I thought you literally shot someone and managed to take out multiple people in the process. Floored me a little. lol Like, yes, that was a bad thing.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-20 13:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao I was like, shouldn't you be in jail? Then I read the rest of the story.
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-11-20 13:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Interesting story. At the beginning I thought you literally shot someone and managed to take out multiple people in the process. Floored me a little. lol Like, yes, that was a bad thing.

^
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-20 14:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

XD
 Asura.Luelle
Server: Asura
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2009-11-20 14:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Lol that's how I read it too.
 Cerberus.Arteus
Server: Cerberus
user: Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2009-11-20 14:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

started playing ffxi, now i have no soul
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-20 15:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I was the guy that got Princess Di drunk, *** her, then called her driver to come pick her up from my place.

Yeah, I felt bad for awhile.