Galka Mech

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
6926 users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » Galka mech
Galka mech
 Asura.Miketrout
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Miketrout
Posts: 6
By Asura.Miketrout 2026-09-28 03:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm not a galka, I'm a Taru controlling a Galka like a big ol fighting robot.


[+]
Offline
By berndarmin 2026-09-28 08:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: melphina
Posts: 1111
By Asura.Melliny 2026-09-28 09:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quote:
I'm not a galka, I'm a Taru controlling a Galka like a big ol fighting robot.


If you bonk em upside the chin do their heads fly up in the air?

Offline
Posts: 453
By Genoxd 2026-09-28 09:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
This still doesn't make it okay to be a galka
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
User: Jinxs
Posts: 1317
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2026-09-28 11:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I think we are well overdue for addon to see friends dat file swaps.
I think it would add some entertainment variety to this game.
But I feel like I also have to add a disclaimer to this after what happened in ffxiv.

Things I wanna see, someone wearing a banana suit during sortie or a master chief costume.
Things I don't wanna see, weird roleplay and weird sexual fetishes.

If you are gonna be a mecha-galka go all the way and continue the aesthetic on the arms, legs and head.
Add some bolts and convert the warrior jse into hydraulic joints
 Asura.Melliny
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: melphina
Posts: 1111
By Asura.Melliny 2026-09-28 12:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quote:
I think we are well overdue for addon to see friends dat file swaps.


First, I don't think that's possible in FF 11's game engine. In FF 11 .dat models are loaded when you zone, and reloaded when you zone again. If you overwrite a .dat with a modded version while you're standing in town it doesn't get reflected until either you zone, or in the event of a gear piece, when that race/gear combo is no longer visible on screen (character wearing it blinking or running off screen and no other characters of same race wearing same piece close by). Gear and zone dats are ONLY called and loaded when they are necessary, and they stop being used as soon as they’re no longer required. This was to limit the amount of data consumed back during the era of "Ps2 limitations".

In 14 the feat of mod sharing was accomplished with a third party app that cached the mods assigned to player A as well as player B. The app then transferred the cached data between each player and displayed their models on a one to one basis based off of what was assigned to that player via the cache. That functionality does not work in FF 11.


And second.... this

Quote:
Things I don't wanna see, weird roleplay and weird sexual fetishes.

Please no more. I started playing FF 14 during patch 2.4 during ARR, and I chose Balmung as my home because it was the most populated server. It took people years to figure out how to mod the game, and we know what happened when they did. It would give the term "naked mithra standing around town " a whole new implication. I see enough of those advertisements in party finder and I limit my time in the starter towns for a reason. And it's not just Balmung anymore. With the implementation of cross-world travel you can visit any server within the shard at any time. The culture has spread throughout the entirety of the game. We don't need that culture trickling back to 11...