Help Needed For FFXI Crashes.

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
8671 users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Help Needed for FFXI crashes.
Help Needed for FFXI crashes.
Offline
By berndarmin 2026-10-05 11:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
zeta said: »
When your issue was with XIView how were you able to tell? I have been getting some crashes off and on but 2-3 of those times was when I was doing Monstrosity and Gestation was dropping.

I wasn't really able to narrow it down, but when looking up the stuff I had installed I noticed that it might need to be updated periodically so I assumed it was the most likely culprit as I hadn't updated it in years, the same went for reshade and dgvoodoo so that could have been it too or some other factor. It didn't help that I started experiencing crashes shortly after a windows update (the one where they messed up the calculator). In the end I decided it would be easier to just reinstall everything which fixed my issue.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
User: Jinxs
Posts: 1328
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2026-10-05 14:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
you can tell if the issue is with xiview based on the faulting module OR
if you load in stable to the game and then crash when a certain icon or animation happens

for example before xipivot I replaced a reraise animation some how
I would crash anytime someone did reraise