+3 Armor Unlocks In New Shared Dynamis

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
7284 users online
Forum » FFXI » General » +3 Armor unlocks in new shared Dynamis
+3 Armor unlocks in new shared Dynamis
 Bahamut.Artemiz
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
User: Artemiz
Posts: 13
By Bahamut.Artemiz 2025-11-14 13:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
HI All,

Does anyone have an info yet as to how the +3 armor unlocks work. Do you just have to be in the zone when the first boss is defeated or in the party that kills it?

I have a few jobs that I want the +3 armor for but I'm not confident I can solo the wave 1 boss on, like thf.

Cheers
 Asura.Hya
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: HyaAsura
Posts: 559
By Asura.Hya 2025-11-14 15:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
All reports that I have read state that only the group who defeats the Wave 1 boss receives credit for +3 unlock, anyone else in the zone does not.
[+]
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Online
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
User: enoch
Posts: 270
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2025-11-14 15:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Not sure! We had someone d/c before the W1 boss died, the zone expired before they were able to come back but they still got the title. Not sure what that means, but it happened.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
User: Kylos
Posts: 4871
By Cerberus.Kylos 2025-11-14 16:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Perhaps this should be for another thread, but is there a list of when the zones are open and closed somewhere?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
User: maletaru
Posts: 4605
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2025-11-14 17:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Not sure if this is accurate since i haven't been in thr new zones, but probably this graphic from bg.

Also, this guy made a new web-based tracker.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
User: Kylos
Posts: 4871
By Cerberus.Kylos 2025-11-14 23:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Not sure if this is accurate since i haven't been in thr new zones, but probably this graphic from bg.

Also, this guy made a new web-based tracker.

Saw the graphic in the update, but that web tracker is absolutely awesome! Definitely bookmarked.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [323 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Johnb
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
User: Johnb
Posts: 290
By Bismarck.Johnb 2026-10-04 01:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Hya said: »
All reports that I have read state that only the group who defeats the Wave 1 boss receives credit for +3 unlock, anyone else in the zone does not.

Is this still true? Not even the W2 boss, right? (I should have stuck around to verify this but didn't...)

I do know that kills outside the alliance don't count for your 100 and W1 boss for sure though.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
User: maletaru
Posts: 4605
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2026-10-04 03:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Johnb said: »
Is this still true? Not even the W2 boss, right? (I should have stuck around to verify this but didn't...)

Again, disclaimer: I don't do this dynamis.

I don't think the W2 boss even exists in shared dynamis because there is no W3.

Also relevant: the W2 boss doesn't do anything for job unlocks, AFAIK. +2 comes from entering the zone and +3 comes from either killing the W1 boss OR killing 100 mobs. W2 boss just gives a title and *** else (except first time completion, which gives a personal drop in the instanced zone).
 Shiva.Paulu
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
User: Paulu
Posts: 811
By Shiva.Paulu 2026-10-04 07:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It's true. Only the alliance which kills the wave 1 boss gets credit for armor upgrade unlocks via the kill. Source: angry people telling me they did not get credit for me kill, but didn't want to party up.

The wave2 bosses exists but that ends the instance once killed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
User: Llewelyn
Posts: 643
By Bismarck.Sterk 2026-10-04 08:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Paulu said: »
The wave2 bosses exists but that ends the instance once killed.
Instantly? I was hoping to farm Volte Harnesses from there once I finished unlocking all relic +3, but I guess there goes that idea if you can't get treasure from W2 boss.
 Asura.Eiryl
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2026-10-04 08:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thats what quartermaster is for

(unless it doesn't drop anything due to the mechanic, don't know, don't care)
[+]
 Asura.Reidden
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Reiden
Posts: 216
By Asura.Reidden 2026-10-04 09:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Shiva.Paulu said: »
The wave2 bosses exists but that ends the instance once killed.
Instantly? I was hoping to farm Volte Harnesses from there once I finished unlocking all relic +3, but I guess there goes that idea if you can't get treasure from W2 boss.

You get kicked out instantly once it's dead, it is super annoying. Most people dont touch it except for a few scrubs here and there or 5 minutes remaining.
Offline
Posts: 131
By Mistressfifi 2026-10-04 14:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Thats what quartermaster is for

(unless it doesn't drop anything due to the mechanic, don't know, don't care)
i can confirm the W2 mega bosses will drop loot. it just.. doesn't usually show in log, but you will notice you have more loot if you're the QM.


i need to confirm this, but i've also noticed if the QM is full, as everyone is getting kicked out it will attempt to distribute loot to others. but i've only ever seen this once, needs more testing
[+]
Offline
By Dodik 2026-10-04 14:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Mistressfifi said: »
if the QM is full, as everyone is getting kicked out it will attempt to distribute loot to others

That's just how QM works.
[+]