Magic Barrier, metallic body, Diamondhide and Occultation are clear on how skill affects them. However the rest don't have any such description on bg-wiki.
Is this a mistake or is there some information missing?
Barrier Tusk is interesting. It not only does -15% damage taken but also gives MDB and MEVA
This is wholly unknown to NA players, if true.
I don't know what you're talking about, but the Marid version of Barrier Tusk is different than the blue magic version. The BLU spell just gives base phalanx effect and phalanx+ gear doesn't work on it. Blue Magic Skill doesn't affect it either. JP wiki lists all of these details.
among those only skill effects magic barrier, diamondhide, occulation, and metallic body. If skill is doing anything for plasma charge/reactor cool id guess its effecting the accuracy of the spikes
I'd even argue Metallic Body and Diamondhide don't really belong in the list. Both cap at 500 and BLU already gets 460 at 99. With ML 40 you're capped without any +skill gear and even if you were ML0, a 100% blue skill focused midcast set would most likely overshoot the 40 extra points by far. ML7 isn't too much to ask and at that point you can cast with Hashishin Tayt +3 to cap metallic body and equip fast recast in the rest of the slots.
It's so disappointing that BLU has to carry a full set just for 2 spells while other mages respective skills affect most of their tool set.
Barrier Tusk is interesting. It not only does -15% damage taken but also gives MDB and MEVA
This is wholly unknown to NA players, if true.
I don't know what you're talking about, but the Marid version of Barrier Tusk is different than the blue magic version. The BLU spell just gives base phalanx effect and phalanx+ gear doesn't work on it. Blue Magic Skill doesn't affect it either. JP wiki lists all of these details.
I don't know what you are talking about Barrier Tusk isn't player Phalanx hence why its not effected by phalanx+ gear. Barrier Tusk is DT-15% and DTII-7.5% when at 50% DT cap, it says all this on BGWiki and the JPWiki.
BLU needs some form of buff duration enhancement. +20% attack is amazing. Having it last 90 seconds blows. Make it cost more MP if necessary, idc.
Hell, have Azure Lore increase duration to make the SP worth using for something.
Or maybe one of BLU's other lame JAs. Turn Convergence into a RDM Composure equivalent (increase recast, but also increase duration of buffs on self)? Change Efflux effect to be something worth thinking about?
A blue mage stance would be really cool if it went with the lore. Something that had positive and negative affects to the timing of the buff(s) and how it effects gear and thus the player.
only reason i think that could be an issue is enhancing magic duration was a blanket skill type boost, for blu they'd have to add in the individual spells. No idea how easy/difficult that would be, though would assume not hard.
At this point there are so few BLU buffs that they might actually have an easier time simply boosting the duration of all spells to at least 5 mins.
Doubt anybody would complain.
The difference is JA low duration has a cooldown that follows it where you get no benefit, whereas magical buffs can be reapplied before or after it wears off. In a sense, magical buffs are 100% active all the time, so extending Blue Magic duration is more of a QOL and doesn't break anything. All it would be is less time recasting the buffs. Also, a few of BLU's really good buff spells don't last forever even if the duration was longer; Magic Barrier has a limit, Saline Coat depreciates over time, Occultation is absorbed by hits. The big ones would be like Cocoon, Mighty Guard, and Nature's Meditation (Erratic Flutter's 5min isn't even that annoying to be fair). Is it really too much to ask for Cocoon or Nature's Meditation to last 3+ minutes? That's the exact same duration as Berserk and Defender.
BLU buffs are basically all self-only (besides Diffusion which is stuck on a 10min timer anyways, or Diamondhide), so nobody besides the BLU is benefitting from exceptionally long buffs. I really don't see any reason why Blue spell duration can't be like tripled and call it a day, it would really serve as a huge QOL improvement for a job that does need a slight bump in order to keep up with other DD class jobs.
Can apply similar logic to blus debuffs, atleast ones before 99 as most of the 99 and later spells have a "modest" 3 min duration(usually) prior spells last 1 min ~ 1:30, maybe the odd 2 mins
And the ones at 3 mins usually cost a fair bit to cast be it mp or spell space
They could just add blue magic to enhancing duration gear and solve the problem right there. Would be such a huge quality of life upgrade.
Didn't do the math but from a gut feeling I'd say the existing enhancing magic duration gear available for BLU is not enough to fix the pitiful base duration BLU spells.
I also think there are plenty of debuffs that could also desperately need at least a duration buff.
At this point, looking back at what intervals SE is adressing job adjustments, I'm starting to be convinced that low balling a fix would be the wrong approach anyway. It probably would be the last time the job would see adjustments in FFXIs lifetime. For nerfs on the other hand SE acts rather quickly, excluding certain gold child jobs of course.
I'd still like to know what blue skill does for Pyric Bulwark, wiki says it's 1 shadow and mentions nothing about skill having any effect on it. Does it increase buff duration or shadow count? Afaik it doesn't do anything but I'd be glad to learn I'm wrong.
Didn't do the math but from a gut feeling I'd say the existing enhancing magic duration gear available for BLU is not enough to fix the pitiful base duration BLU spells.
BLU can wear Telchine, so thats 40%-50%. Not that 10% is overly hard to hit, but stone supply may be an issue so I can imagine most people would aim for a moderate baseline across all pieces then upgrade the lowest ones.
They can also swap to colada, but I dont think they'll swap weapons for an additional 1-4% duration gain.
Telchine was also the only equip that came to my mind. I don't know about you guys but if my cocoon suddenly lasted 135 seconds instead of 90 I'd be pissed that SE allocated resources for this "fix".
Telchine works on blu buffs? (I think I have 3 pieces at 9% and 1 at 10%)
I think enhancing duration+ on the useless AF/Relic pieces might be nice.
Is there any benefit to more than 600 skill? This thread got me wondering and I'm at 624 in my skill gear, I presume I could hit 650 if I tried (13 shadows?)
Magic Barrier, metallic body, Diamondhide and Occultation are clear on how skill affects them. However the rest don't have any such description on bg-wiki.
Is this a mistake or is there some information missing?