Most Worthless Moves In FFXI?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Most Worthless Moves In FFXI?
Most Worthless Moves In FFXI?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-13 20:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also requiescat is more than just SC filler

I keep a char with TP held when I do caturae in ruaun because of the stupid shield.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-13 20:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Drain Samba is used a lot at low levels before Haste Samba, so it has a lot of use on a subjob until 90 and until 45 for Dancer main.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I see Frod mentioned Pavor Nocturnus earlier. I know the death effect never lands, but isn't the dispel practically guaranteed, giving SMN another way to dispel without being resisted?

Aspir Samba is seemingly useless in more ways than one. I once used it in a fight to help a DRK get MP back

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Blitzer's you can use for Tenzen

Yup, no niche stuff in this thread.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-13 20:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I keep a char with TP held when I do caturae in ruaun because of the stupid shield.

Good point, I wish someone had brought it up.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
IDK, if we're going to say that Requiescat isn't worthless because it has a use on like...2 Caturaes
By Nariont 2024-10-13 20:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly the whole barometer for worthless is hard to pin down just because of those niche scenerios that vary from person to person, and if we're applying ***that's useful for leveling or at lower levels or keeping it to ilvl which just gets muddied in these discussions.

I dont think there's much ingame that is truly worthless, just varying levels of bad/outdated, even t1 nukes i can say i have use in quickly grabbing hints on aby content
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-13 20:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Its your typical *** topic of no value other than to distract from the lack of other worthwhile things to do.

A tier list, but worst instead of another "the best rema for 2025" or "which rema should I make guys"

it's the same ***with different sprinkles on it. "lets argue about something: the thread part 70"
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-13 20:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Aspir Samba is seemingly useless in more ways than one. I once used it in a fight to help a DRK get MP back

hey not fair Maletaru, you have to quote the entire thing and not deliberately leave this part out:

But then quickly realized how useless of an ability it is, because it also conflicts with Endark II's proccing.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-10-13 21:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant remember, did sambas block endark from occuring or did endark take priority?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-13 21:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say specifically, but Haste Samba blocked Enspell 1 from activating when we tried it on Ongo B team.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-13 21:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

hey not fair Maletaru, you have to quote the entire thing and not deliberately leave this part out:

But then quickly realized how useless of an ability it is, because it also conflicts with Endark II's proccing.
He did a disinformation!
By Shichishito 2024-10-13 22:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Honestly the whole barometer for worthless is hard to pin down just because of those niche scenerios that vary from person to person, and if we're applying ***that's useful for leveling or at lower levels or keeping it to ilvl which just gets muddied in these discussions.

I dont think there's much ingame that is truly worthless, just varying levels of bad/outdated, even t1 nukes i can say i have use in quickly grabbing hints on aby content
Once I cought someone trying to justify self-destruct I can't help but agree.

It's pointless to feed any more suggestions into this thread befor specifications have been made for "worthless" that everyone agrees upon and since this forum can't agree on the color of poop the topic will forever stay pointless.

Unfortunate, cause for some jobs adjustments are overdue.
By Nariont 2024-10-13 22:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say specifically, but Haste Samba blocked Enspell 1 from activating when we tried it on Ongo B team.

Yeah I knew enspell 1's blocked sambas, just recall either endark/light or the II variant took priority which for drk is kind of a bonus since they never lose the atk increase that way, at least if my memory was right.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-13 22:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
It's pointless to feed any more suggestions into this thread befor specifications have been made for "worthless" that everyone agrees upon and since this forum can't agree on the color of poop the topic will forever stay pointless.
Only a handful of people here cant tell the difference between "worthless abilities" and "spells/ws that fall out of favor". Yes, theres nothing wrong with low level spells and weapon skills falling out of favor. Its no different from Brigandine, Adaberk, Haubergeon, ScorpHarness, etc, falling out of favor as they get outleveled.

Abilities are a different in the sense they should never really fall out of favor. What ability is worthwhile at low levels that all of a sudden becomes ***at high level?

Question: Before the Modus nerf, do you think Helixes were capped? I dont think they were, based on how the JA worked, seeing as how we know a modus will always fail on a 10k+ helix, and a <10k Helix will have its duration cut but increase to the cap of 10k (if the helix was 5k+ of course). Imagine if people didnt try to abuse Modus and SE never put a cap in place, what kinda damage Helixes could pull in the SoA++ era.
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2024-10-14 04:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking like the real world and FFXI are one intertwined

And being lenient enough that character names qualify as moves

John
John is the most worthless move in the ffxi the world anything

His origin is being a dog and being able to live with no brain cells surviving on a drug called salt
He drinks to fight then only fights back when he's been put in his place
Everyone feels for him so everyone protects him while he's been the worst in the world
You can't get rid of him because he's on drugs
He lies steals cheats as often as possible
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-10-14 06:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless this is turning into a post on the official forums and translated into Japanese, we're just enjoying arguing as usual.
By SimonSes 2024-10-14 09:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tier 1 and 2 nukes are very useful on BRD/sch (lowman) for Sortie magic kills.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-10-14 09:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
we're just enjoying arguing as usual.

Thats the most popular sport in this land, sir.
By SimonSes 2024-10-14 10:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say ALL CHR boosting spells are useless. I can kinda understand boost-chr because you can't have two boosts at the same time, so usually STR is preferred, but Mordant Rime and Primal Rend are very happy from every CHR buff.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-10-14 10:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

even hot garbage like abs-chr can be excused as a way to help macc on brd debuffs, unlikely to need it but still, same for abs-INT, itd be a great debuff in a mage setup its just why would a drk be in a mage setup

or does impact overwrite the abs stat downs with its own?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2024-10-14 10:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I wouldn't say ALL CHR boosting spells are useless. I can kinda understand boost-chr because you can't have two boosts at the same time, so usually STR is preferred, but Mordant Rime and Primal Rend are very happy from every CHR buff.

Nah bro, I heard CHR helps enmity, why else would it be on the old Koenig/Kaiser Abjuration set?
[+]
By Dodik 2024-10-14 10:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
or does impact overwrite the abs stat downs with its own?

Impact debuffs and absorbs stack, but can only have one absorb active at any one time on a target.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-10-14 11:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know, still very limited in application but -90~ INT would be great for nukes, just again who brings a drk to anything that they arent just going to melee down
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-14 11:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
SimonSes said: »

Nah bro, I heard CHR helps enmity, why else would it be on the old Koenig/Kaiser Abjuration set?

Someone should have asked SE clarify every single thing CHR affects at the 20th anniversary AMA instead of that question about why Gandiva has a DEX modifier instead of AGI.

Apparently I spoke too soon, SE DID clarify what it affects. Found it on JP wiki

Quote:
Q: Does charisma affect hate/enmity(aggro)? Or is it only for Bard songs and Beastmaster charms?
A: The charisma attribute score does not affect hate or enmity(aggro). It does, however, affect how a bard`s songs and a beastmaster's charm ability are not only used but also resisted. There are also weapon skills that are greatly affected by charisma.

Q: Does charisma affect hate and hostility? Or is it just the song of the bard and the charm of the beastmaster?
A: Charisma does not affect hate or hostility. As for the bard's singing and the beastmaster's tricks, not only do they affect their effectiveness, but they also affect the resist rate. In addition, there are (several) WS who are greatly influenced by charisma.

(From Square Enix's interview article ttp://ffxi.crgaming.com/interviews/viewinterview.asp?Id=272 Currently a dead link)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-20 22:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ceizak is quite fast and if you need Crests and Rostrums, at least twice as rewarding per run as other zones (using plasm to buy the mats you need), unless you're 6boxing or something.
Ok, im sorry I'm digging ***up from two weeks ago, but what the ***? I kept coming back to this wondering what looked wrong, because I was certain Delve II rewarded 150% extra Plasm over Delve I, and I was finally able to put my finger on it, and literally EVERYTHING is wrong.
1-Crests and Rostrums is Marjami boss, not Ceizak's Bee
2-Gnat is a sub-boss in Ceizak
3-Delve II (Marjami, Yorcia and Kamihr) rewards 150% extra plasm compared to Delve I (Ceizak, Morimar and Foret)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-20 23:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ceizak is quite fast and if you need Crests and Rostrums, at least twice as rewarding per run as other zones (using plasm to buy the mats you need), unless you're 6boxing or something.
Ok, im sorry I'm digging ***up from two weeks ago, but what the ***? I kept coming back to this wondering what looked wrong, because I was certain Delve II rewarded 150% extra Plasm over Delve I, and I was finally able to put my finger on it, and literally EVERYTHING is wrong.
1-Crests and Rostrums is Marjami boss, not Ceizak's Bee
2-Gnat is a sub-boss in Ceizak
3-Delve II (Marjami, Yorcia and Kamihr) rewards 150% extra plasm compared to Delve I (Ceizak, Morimar and Foret)

You're right I picked the wrong items, but fixing that resolves the other issues.

If you need Wings and stingers and you have 3 characters you get:

2 items (600k) + 80k x 3 = 840k Plasm worth of stuff

If you do another zone you get:

120k plasm x 3 = 360k plasm

Ceizak is slightly over twice as rewarding if you need those specific items. Even if you only need wings and not stinger, it's still more efficient (with 3 characters) to do Ceizak instead of any other zone. 540k instead of 360k.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-21 00:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Its bold to assume that someone has all crafts at 110 and only has 3 chars to play with. Its highly unlikely that someone would have use for BOTH mats for crafting. Using the aforementioned Bztavian items:
Stinger is only used in smithing (Ea set). No Sharur doesnt count, no ones making *** Sharur's, not even Asura has seen a Sharur+1. It is also used to upgrade relic armor to 119 +1/2.
Wing is used in Cloth, Gold and Leather. Once again, I'm not counting the one Smithing synth, no ones making Pamun's.

Its significantly more likely someone would require one of the items and sell the other to the AH. And thats perfectly acceptable. However, such a thing skews your numbers.

Someone with 3 accounts is getting the following:
From Delve I: 300k Plasm material + (80k * 3) plasm = 540k plasm total.
From Delve II: 120k * 3 plasm = 360k plasm

Someone with 3 accounts going during a campaign event:
Delve 1: 300k plasm material + 2(80k * 3) = 780k
Delve II: 2(120 * 3) = 720k

Its pretty close, and at that point you're merely looking at how long the area takes on avg.

What if you have access to another 3 other accounts:
Delve I: 300k material + (80k * 6) = 780k plasm
Delve II: (120k * 6) = 720k

Same numbers as the campaign with 3 accounts, which comes down to run time. During a campaign that would favor Delve II.

The above is presuming the extra material is sold but the gil is kept because AH stock for needed materials is empty and the only source is the NM or via plasm. The situation changes significantly if the AH stock isnt empty, but that varies by server ie: Carby has 0 wings available right now).

Either way, the situation is a niche scenario where:
Someone has use for both synth materials
Only has access to the bare minimum 3 accounts to enter
Is unable to sell the extra mats on the AH and convert to the one they need.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-21 08:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously everyone's situation will be different, but on Carbuncle I typically only run Delve when I need a specific mat. If they're available on the AH I just...buy them...If I needed wings and there were wings on the AH, I wouldn't go farm Cehuetzis, sell the pelts, then buy wings, I would just go farm Bztavians. If I didn't need any material, I wouldn't be farming Delve.

If you just want to get the maximum return, regardless of what items are dropping, obviously it makes sense to go to the zone that drops more plasm. If you need a specific item, it makes the most sense to go to the place that drops that item. I've done like a dozen Yorcia before because I needed Boles. If there are 0 Boles on AH, it doesn't matter how many Crests you have to trade people for them.

If you have 6 characters the math is obviously different, which is what I said in the OP. No Delve should take more than 10 minutes (IMO) and no Delve takes less than 5 minutes so while clear time is a (minor) factor, I don't think it's very significant unless you don't have the correct jobs to do the mechanics of the zone.

Either way, the situation is a niche scenario where:
Someone has use for both synth materials
Only has access to the bare minimum 3 accounts to enter
Is unable to sell the extra mats on the AH and convert to the one they need.

You forgot the ORs in here. This is true if you need both mats OR you only have 3 accounts OR you're unable to sell the extra mats. TBH if you can just sell mats and buy others, WTF are you farming Delve in the first place, just go buy the mat, it's a few hundred k. If you're farming it just to randomly make gil then you're not target-farming and nothing I said applies because I said "if you need ___ & ___". If you just generally want plasm or generally want "any delve mat, doesn't matter which" then yeah, no ***.

I think assuming someone has access to 4+ accounts is extremely bold. The vast, vast, vast majority of people are not running 6box setups.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-21 09:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Most worthless thread on ffxiah.

Y'all are 3 tangents deep on a topic that isn't even meaningful to begin with.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-10-21 10:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shhh, it's the most entertaining thread until the next free to play happens and "Where my AH points?!" pops up
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-10-21 12:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Shhh, it's the most entertaining thread until the next free to play happens and "Where my AH points?!" pops up

Someone gets it!
[+]
 Bahamut.Senaki
Server: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-10-21 18:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The situation where tractor is needed, it is the ONLY option

the super specific niche situation where:
a pld/thf mob uses 2hr
AND
its at 1% HP
AND
the person fighting it is a drg
AND
theyre paying attention to not just be smacking it for 30 seconds
AND
none of the mages or cor or staff-cleavers are paying attention finish it off themselves
THEN
smiting breath has a use

Then Smiting Breath does 200 damage, and the mob is at 0.9% max health.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12