BST should get Havoc Spiral
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-23 20:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
Not many jobs have the ability to easily apply -46% defense, among a load of other debuffs/buffs and KI.

I mean you say this, but a BRD can apply -38% defense so...again it's an 8% advantage over a job that's already in the party.
By Seun 2024-07-23 20:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
This forum sometimes. The thread is obviously a troll and people fell for it.

You were right the first time. The whole forum is pretty lul, but people still take FFXI seriously in 2024 for whatever reason.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-23 21:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Not many jobs have the ability to easily apply -46% defense, among a load of other debuffs/buffs and KI.

I mean you say this, but a BRD can apply -38% defense so...again it's an 8% advantage over a job that's already in the party.

This is true, but I did not say a bst replaces a brd lol. In fact I stated it wasn't the same caliber as cor or brd. It's a job that has tools that can be handy when played well that is often overlooked and underrated. Also the key factor was unresisted defense down effect.

Spiral hell ftw!

[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-24 01:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This is true, but I did not say a bst replaces a brd lol. In fact I stated it wasn't the same caliber as cor or brd. It's a job that has tools that can be handy when played well that is often overlooked and underrated. Also the key factor was unresisted defense down effect.

Sure and I'm sure they're often overlooked. My point was, and continues to be, that saying "this job provides 46% defense down" is a bit misleading. It's a bit like talking about GEO and saying "Not many jobs have the ability to easily give 40% magic haste" which is...a little strange because most parties/alliances in endgame content already have Honor March and at least haste 1, sometimes haste 2 or SV Honor March, so...GEO's ability to give Indi-Haste is at best going to give like...12% haste.

It just overstates the actual value of what the BST is bringing to most situations. "What about Kalunga?" well...are you doing 46% def down on Kalunga as a BST?
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2024-07-24 11:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Why has no-one mentioned Gale Axe for the additional Choke and -VIT down?
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-24 12:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
Why has no-one mentioned Gale Axe for the additional Choke and -VIT down?

BST is already so much better than WAR, why pour it on?
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-24 14:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Aymur go BRRRRRRRR
By Felgarr 2024-07-24 17:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO it is wrong to lump BST within the "DD" group of war,sam,mnk,drk etc.

I hear you but SE calls BST a "front-line DD" but ...it sure doesnt feel like it. SE needs to remove Beast Healer and Beast Affinity Group Two Merits and make it a "Pet Diffusion" effect that gives the Pet Buff to the whole party (like BLU, but perhaps more frequent?).

BST is a Support DD role, sure not of the same caliber of cor or brd, but it does have the ability to bring some handy tools to the table is all I am saying.

It's not handy-enough. BSTs should buff the party OR ...the floor for Axe damage needs to be raised. Axe needs way too much help in gear, skill and buffs to be only decent.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-07-24 18:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiral hell ftw!

Embrace the Darkness/Shadows.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-07-24 19:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

I hear you but SE calls BST a "front-line DD" but ...it sure doesnt feel like it. SE needs to remove Beast Healer and Beast Affinity Group Two Merits and make it a "Pet Diffusion" effect that gives the Pet Buff to the whole party (like BLU, but perhaps more frequent?).

BST is a Support DD role, sure not of the same caliber of cor or brd, but it does have the ability to bring some handy tools to the table is all I am saying.

It's not handy-enough. BSTs should buff the party OR ...the floor for Axe damage needs to be raised. Axe needs way too much help in gear, skill and buffs to be only decent.

BST is at the bottom of the DD list. If you allow BST to share pet buffs with the party, everyone gets stronger equally and BST is still at the bottom. Changes nothing really. "Lift-all" buffs don't really help BST. BST is particularly hampered because the timer on call beast is atrocious; if you use your pet as a buff battery for the party, you will run into problems because you'll only be able to call but so many until you have to wait for it to be ready again. Also. If you buff axe, WAR just gets stronger, maybe even RNG. Needs to be specific to BST as a job.

My biggest issue is using Ready moves mid fight just takes away from your DPS. You end up using a pet either to buff you once every cooldown or to debuff the enemy, then never bother engaging it. It's basically a wyvern minus the native bonuses DRG gets from using it. There's no tactical advantage to using moves mid fight unless it's a niche role like TP suppression or ooze.

I have a few adjustments they could make to really encourage DPSing with your pet:

-Remove the animation from Ready activation, similar to how Maneuvers work. Make it work this way only while engaged, but behave normally while disengaged.

-Lower the cooldown on Ready charges while engaged by half.

-Allow pets to level up similar to wyverns based on how long they've been engaged to a monster (there's a few NMs in the game that level up the longer you're fighting them). Make it stack further than Master Levels. Resets every time you call a new pet.

This will allow BST to use their pets moves more frequently when DDing without fear of losing DPS since there's no animation delay. You'll also have stronger pet moves in general, so for something like Segments farming, you gain DPS over the course of the event. You're also incentived for keeping it alive instead of just swapping out pets for buffs since you'll lose the bonus if you ditch you're pet. Make it tactical to actually want to use your pet the way they intended rather than treating it like a buff battery. There's a large variety of pets I'd love to use during fights that are just too weak to compete, their damage is inconsequential. Would make fighting with your pet a lot more fun if you could get them to be a bit stronger while you maintain your DPS

Also, new pets would be fun (I want a Yztarg). It's about time we gain control of stronger mons
[+]
By Nariont 2024-07-24 21:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Easier ability to swap pets and/or boosting the durations on the buffs/debuffs would help too due to the annoying summon timers
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-07-24 21:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Call Beast max reduction is down what, 3:35? That's ridiculously long and needs to be like 90 seconds max. You're using your own jugs anyways, so you're paying for constantly swapping. Bestial Loyalty is terrible as well. They should change that move to a trait and then swap Beast Healer merit to increase the rate that Bestial Loyalty activates on Call Beast. Base Bestial Loyalty can be like 20% rate and 3% for each further merit, for a total of 32% (close to 1/3) chance at a free pet every 90 seconds. They can decide what they want to do with Call Beast merits, but that's easy to reduce
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-07-24 22:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Radical Idea

At this point, I wish jug pets were learnable items like Trusts or Summoner Scrolls. Give us a generic jug item that stacks to 99 for the initial spell cost. Similar to Ninja Tools/Trump Cards.

Give me my inventory back. I have
450 Broth Items, Quite a few singles of HQ Jugpets, and over 7 stacks of biscuits, which only stack to 12 btw...

Turn Call Beast into a menu similar to trusts. Haste/Fast Cast would possibly reduce/quicken Call Beast Cast Time/Timers.

Any Call Beast recast Gear would serve as "Call Beast Fast Cast" or whatever.

Turn Bestial Loyalty into a job ability similar to Unlimited Shot. If we go to a "trump card" type system though. Im fine with a trait that randomly procs.

I doubt there will be something so drastic (Or anything that actually requires work on S/E's part.)

The least they could do is let us "Quiver" Broths and biscuits or something at a NPC.

At this point we should be able to Charm Beastmen and some Great Enemies as well (Wyverns, Rocs, Rams, Etc)

Why do NPCs/Monsters get to do all the fun ***?
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-25 09:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The pet diffusion thing I could get behind, that would definitely make BST far more functional. The only issue I could see is you definitely couldn't make it a shorter recast than diffusion is. Some BST buffs are ridiculously strong and last a much longer time than most BLU spells. 100% defense bonus, 25-50% attack, 25% haste/mdb/counter/guard off the top of my head. BLU also has some locked behind bridled learning, plus all of them would be crying the blues if BST could spam some of its buffs to the party and they can't.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-07-25 09:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The pet diffusion thing I could get behind, that would definitely make BST far more functional. The only issue I could see is you definitely couldn't make it a shorter recast than diffusion is. Some BST buffs are ridiculously strong and last a much longer time than most BLU spells. 100% defense bonus, 25-50% attack, 25% haste/mdb/counter/guard off the top of my head. BLU also has some locked behind bridled learning, plus all of them would be crying the blues if BST could spam some of its buffs to the party and they can't.

Imagine giving your entire party the haste/counter buff from the Fazz Jugpet... Damn man.

Zealous Snort:
Haste +25%
Magic Defense Bonus +25
Counter +25%[3]
Guard +25%

Also if they could change spirit link so it worked for all pets, that would be great. Or at least make it so it doesn't show up as a JA while subbed.

BST/DRG with fencer has been pretty fun.
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-07-25 10:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

EXPLOSION!!!!
By Meeble 2024-07-25 14:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Those guys dont even ask for quality bait.

Any bait is good for them.

Have you seen how sedate the FP has been lately? People are hungry.
By Seun 2024-07-25 20:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, nobody is giving credit to the WAR for all the damage their Warcry adds

My lua senses when any warrior uses warcry, sends them a tell saying "I'll give you something to cry about", and immediately overwrites their warcry.