July 2024 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-12 21:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

dudes jelly. I collect hennessy. Draylo collects awesome dolls.
[+]
By Hopalong 2024-07-12 21:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be a little honor in that last ffxi player. I wouldn't mind a screenshot of the last 5min of ffxi or whatever.
By Draylo 2024-07-12 21:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We used to say it as a prideful thing when we were kids, "I'll be here until the servers shut down!"

That said, it wouldn't make any sense to lie when most aren't even sticking around to see it. Anytime they do this content drought, it comes with a big steady dip in subs. Why would they tell us after RoV that content was ending and then do more stuff? The same people, just like you, were around the forums with doom and gloom around then. It's honestly more cringe to me to keep trying to force everyone to have that shitty out look and stick around forums to keep doing it lol. Just take a break and wait until you get that itch again, like most do during content droughts, which we have had several over the years.

Sortie ended up being really boring compared to escha, but it seems to follow the same trend as last time.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
Server: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-07-12 21:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Not once did they say there will never be new Content. Show me the quote.

It comes straight from this article.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61007-Fujito-interview-with-4gamer.net

Quote:
**4Gamer:**
Thank you for today.
In May of this year, the scenario "Embrace of the Eclipse" concluded, and it was announced that there would be no introduction of major content in the future.
As for the future, it has been stated that the focus will be on "building and maintaining a comfortable playing environment." Could you please provide more specific details about what will be done?

**Hiromu Fujito (Hereinafter referred to as Fujito):**
Within the layered specifications that we have built up through previous updates, our goal is to revisit and streamline parts that are inconsistent or have become separate due to the management of past systems. The game's appearance won't change significantly, but it will be updates that gradually improve aspects that players might have thought "would be better this way."

**4Gamer:**
So, are you not going to make any system adjustments?

**Fujito:**
No, we are also planning to support seasonal event-related excitement. As we mentioned in the "Vana'diel Gathering" released in May, we are also working on planning events where everyone cooperates across different worlds.
We're also considering some experimental things, but in terms of gameplay, I think many people may not feel that they are doing anything special. We are working in collaboration with the community team on this, but please allow us a little more time for specific discussions.

**Fujito:**
As I mentioned before, "FFXI" fundamentally can't receive updates to its core development environment. It's based on the PS2 framework from 20 years ago, and we have no choice but to continue working with that environment. However, the development equipment for it is no longer being produced. It's like dealing with antiques, and getting newcomers to learn old technology from scratch now involves a significant risk for them. So, we are assuming that experienced individuals will cover this aspect.

The whole article is very long. It summarizes their future plans with the game. They said it was in maintinence mode. Outlined some of the changes they planned to make. System tweaks and such. They've already released vanabout, which is the "all worlds cooperation between players" they were talking about. There's nothing left on their road map. They've given up on the game.
[+]
By Seun 2024-07-12 22:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Why would they tell us after RoV that content was ending and then do more stuff?

'Stuff' isn't new content. It's recycled assets and they've been clear that is all we get from here out.

119 Besieged? Sure. 119 Campaign? Why not. A story that tells us more about Vana'diel, new areas and mobs, new gear models and music, new weaponskills and spells... sorry, no.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-07-12 23:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a year since that interview and the only new things they've given us are peach power, two master trials, vanabout and a few cosmetic reskins. They've provided no hints about new content in development, and every other monthly update apart from those few additions has been "we've switched out the monthly ambuscade". There have been no major dev interviews since. Everything on their end has been dead silence.

Look, I want to have new content just as much as anyone. I've played this game for over 20 years. I like it and I like doing stuff with friends. But Fujito's lack of initiative is clear as day. He hasn't shown any sign of interest in developing new content. The devs (all two of them right now) probably spend half their work day lounging around in their office browsing the news and visiting social media. Actions speak louder than words, but those words speak pretty clearly to me. I have to take the article at face value. So until they say otherwise and announce new real content on the horizon (and I'd love to be proven wrong here because I DO want that to happen), I just have to assume the sentiment in the article is accurate. S-E has shifted development to other projects and pulled all the resources out of FFXI. It's in true maintinance mode. Every game has a lifespan, and as much as I'd love for it to be otherwise, I'm being realistic with my expectations here.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-07-13 00:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That quote comes from the interviewers and it's all roughly translated. The same translation saying "major"content would end, they used right after RoV. It's the exact same line they used, you can interprete it to be no more addons or expansions, but not content. Unless they randomly change their mind or they are lying.

Quote:
Stuff' isn't new content. It's recycled assets and they've been clear that is all we get from here out.

119 Besieged? Sure. 119 Campaign? Why not. A story that tells us more about Vana'diel, new areas and mobs, new gear models and music, new weaponskills and spells... sorry, no.

To me new content is something to do and progress in. It doesn't have to have complete new models. But we did get all of those things you just listed. RoV is rhapsody of vanadiel, after they claimed all major content was ending, they slowly kept releasing content until TVR was announced. It came with those things... It could have been because of matsui, but I dont think they will continue with this after they continue to see the sub decline. Given they seem keen to preserve XI, I don't doubt the same thing will play out that happened with RoV.

None of us really know, but we have history that shows how this went the last time. Nothing is forcing anyone to stay subbed though.
By Seun 2024-07-13 01:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

To me new content is something to do and progress in.

New content requires new assets, otherwise it's just recycled content. SE sets the terms here so their definition is what you should be following, especially if you're trying to establish things they've done or said in the past as precedent.

Abyssea was not an expansion, it was battle-content. Not because I said so, but because this is how SE refers to it. Even they know better than to try and pass off reskins as 'major content'. We already saw how poorly that went with WotG. Wish you'd been there to see it so you'd have some perspective.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-07-13 05:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at what other MMOs of this same era are getting and you’ll see what most people consider new content and why things like Peach Power aren’t fitting it. Yes it’s technically new things to do but most seem to define new content as major new areas, expansions, raids, etc. 11 isn’t getting any of that probably ever. Even Sortie is piddly in comparison and it’s pretty clear that’s the last “major” new battle content.

I understand why this won’t happen, but when you look at titles like EQ and EQ2, it’s hard to not be a bit frustrated seeing the table scraps we get in comparison. I don’t even know that I blame Fujito as much as decisions made decades ago and the lack of funding, but either way the result is the same
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-07-13 05:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Square Enix be like:

"I'm sorry we cannot properly support the game you are all are paying a sub for. Thank you *cries with microphone*"

Also Square Enix:

Damn son, that blockchain soccer mmo is on point. Here is millions of dollars!

https://cointelegraph.com/news/square-enix-backs-blockchain-based-football-mmo-soccerverse-web3
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-13 08:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

None of us really know, but we have history that shows how this went the last time. Nothing is forcing anyone to stay subbed though.

Or spend their time harassing people on forums who are still enjoying themselves because they aren't.

It's not like rampant negativity on FFXIAH is going to foment into some kind of public outcry that is going to get SE to do what we want. This isn't the official forums and we're not speaking japanese.

All Seun is doing is continuing to be a *** because he likes being mean to people because he's sad. He's not sharing truth, he's trying to find company for his misery and he's bad company.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-13 08:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
'Stuff' isn't new content. It's recycled assets and they've been clear that is all we get from here out.

Seun said: »
A story that tells us more about Vana'diel, new areas and mobs, new gear models and music, new weaponskills and spells... sorry, no.

WTF is this definition of new content? Content isn't new unless there are new armor and enemy models?

OK: Dynamis [d], omen, odyssey, and Sortie are all...old content? No "new" content has been released since SoA...?
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2024-07-13 09:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened to our optimism from the 22nd anniversary? Race change, ilvl besieged, Cornelia, vanabout, master trials, new targeting system? Was way more than we expected.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-13 11:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people, not just Seun, haven't accepted that good/perfect +2 earrings for their favorite job may never be in the cards because the math is so bad. They see a RoE that might help someone, but doesn't help them specifically. Egocentric betrayal. SE is bad for making them have feelings that aren't a sense of accomplishment in a 20 year old video game.

New targeting system would be amazing... so long as it doesn't do something worse than regularly target the mob furthest from my current location like it does now. Ilvl Besieged is going to be a CF unless they pull off something miraculous. I'm hoping they at least learn enough from it to make further ilvl remixes worthwile. Race changes are anyone's guess. I haven't taken the time to check if different races/sizes give you a different WS distance so I'm not super invested in it yet.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-13 14:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Square Enix be like:

"I'm sorry we cannot properly support the game you are all are paying a sub for. Thank you *cries with microphone*"

Also Square Enix:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/square-enix-backs-blockchain-based-football-mmo-soccerverse-web3

YouTube Video Placeholder

If your buying SE stuff after being a FFXI player then your a foolie. Pirate their ***
[+]
By K123 2024-07-13 16:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The quote says "no major content". ***like Peach Power or more htbf wouldn't be major.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-13 18:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Square Enix be like:

Also Square Enix:

This article is really confusing.

Quote:
Soccerverse, the company behind the massively multiplayer online game of the same name, announced a $3.1 fundraise led by Japanese gaming giant Square-Enix on July 11.

Spelling errors aside: $3.1(m) fundraiser "led" by SE. Does this mean SE were leading the event (organizing), they were leading the donations (highest), or some other meaning? How much did they actually donate, if anything?

Quote:
Soccerverse raised $44 million so far

Headline says they raised $44 million

Quote:
Soccerverse says it's raised $4 million so far.

Very next sentence says they've raised $4 million (with another grammatical error)

This article is trash and was written by a middle schooler or a non-native English speaker, making it extremely hard to deduce anything from it. It's also, writing problems aside, really vague; it's probably vague intentionally, as all this blockchain *** has always been.

I know we've been over this 1,000 times before but apparently it hasn't sunk in either: businesses have different business units and they have little to nothing to do with each other. If some random SE manager thinks they can make $1m by putting $500k into some blockchain ***, he's not taking budget directly from their FFXI division to put in there. They're not firing PS2 developers so they can save money to put into Soccerverse. The people working on/managing FFXI decided that they could not retain/gain FFXI subs in an economically viable way. They did not, believe it or not, ask the Investment and Business Development team for a loan to hire some more full-time staff to code a new FFXI expansion and get turned down because they needed to buy more Etherium.
By Seun 2024-07-13 20:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
WTF is this definition of new content? Content isn't new unless there are new armor and enemy models?

OK: Dynamis [d], omen, odyssey, and Sortie are all...old content? No "new" content has been released since SoA...?

"Major content update" is new assets. Expansion with new lore, areas and mobs, gear models, spells and abilities, animations, jobs, ect.

Battle content is old assets. Adjusted objectives, stats, color palettes. Dyna[D], Ody, Sortie, ect.

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Some people, not just Seun, haven't accepted that good/perfect +2 earrings for their favorite job may never be in the cards because the math is so bad.

I only mentioned the Kupon idea because bonanza was mentioned and it seemed a good fit for such a rare prize. Why do you think I said they all belong in the trash?

All Seun is doing is continuing to be a *** because he likes being mean to people because he's sad. He's not sharing truth, he's trying to find company for his misery and he's bad company.

Kaius doesn't have any of the earrings he wants. I don't have any of the earrings I want. Am I more lucky than he is because I have more garbage earrings? I'm sorry you missed the point but I was obviously joking.

I don't hate people for getting SMN earrings and collecting figurines. Sensitivity too high.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-14 07:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You should work on obviously joking. You're bad at it.
By RadialArcana 2024-07-14 08:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I know we've been over this 1,000 times before but apparently it hasn't sunk in either: businesses have different business units and they have little to nothing to do with each other.

I'm aware the problem with FFXI is Yoshida in particular, however it shows how stupid the company is.

They are still completely fixated with blockchain tech, nothing has changed. For a company completely unable to make good live service games, it's amusing they are treating one with a hard set playerbase of tens of thousands of people willing to pay a monthly sub so poorly. Especially when we are the same ones buying their other games.

https://www.cryptotimes.io/2024/07/13/soccerverse-secures-3-1m-funding-led-by-square-enix/
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-14 09:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For a company completely unable to make good live service games, it's amusing they are treating one with a hard set playerbase of tens of thousands of people willing to pay a monthly sub so poorly. Especially when we are the same ones buying their other games.

Does anyone do live service games well? But yes they do them abysmally and all the ones I've ever played have failed as well so they feel like the game model is more the blame than them. It would still be their fault for attempting when it's clearly outside of their expertise.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-14 09:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially when we are the same ones buying their other games.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
If your buying SE stuff after being a FFXI player then your a foolie. Pirate their ***

Yup, FFXI players are loyal customers who love buying SE's other products.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-14 12:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

draylo keeps buying their awesome dolls man...
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-14 12:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

he pirates those
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-14 12:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo would never buy from a 3rd party 3d printer....

Right?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-14 12:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm just waiting for printers that let me download a car
[+]
By Dodik 2024-07-14 12:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't print a car, would you?
By Seun 2024-07-14 12:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You should work on obviously joking. You're bad at it.

I'll practice jokes, you practice reading comp. Hug it out?
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-14 18:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember, jokes are fun/funny for people to read. If it's just you dragging your *** on the rug, it's clowning at best. At least try not to ruin the rug, it really tied the room together.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-07-14 19:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

3D print a 3D printer. Endless 3d prints. Checkmate
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8