AI Artwork Gen (Bing)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » AI artwork gen (Bing)
AI artwork gen (Bing)
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-05-05 01:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Never have I felt more on the losing end of a shifting world that I know will win out, but want nothing to do with that winning.

Keep thinking that the image tiramisu being ***out by Open AI's is "art".....and give yourself a decade or so until those AI's have nothing to draw from except other AI-generated images, over and over, and true art just ends. We know you'll all win- you've got the numbers, the money, and the apathy of the public behind you. But that is the endgame being created for the future.

It's not really that deep. Most consumers of art don't really give a ***about the soul of the media or whatever. If something looks good, it looks good regardless of who or what made it. If all AI art dies and no one is allowed or able to make it ever again, I wouldn't care. I am not someone who advocates for AI art. However, if AI actually makes something that looks good, I have no moral issues with complimenting and enjoying it. I am not an artist, so I have no reason to be against it or hate it. A lot of the art is still messy and some looks like ***, and when it does, I will also say it's ***.

I think people will always be creative. Even if AI art takes off even more and becomes widely used by everyone, there will still be people out there that want to make art for fun, or will still need to do it to get very specific art that AI likely will never be able to replicate properly. Very specific combos of clothes and colors that just won't work right with AI. The only real argument against AI art is that it steals from real artists, and I don't disagree with that at all, really. But, again, I just don't care as someone who doesn't make art himself since it doesn't affect me. Having tools available for me to *** around with and make a silly or cool picture with and then move on with my life is a plus though.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-05 05:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Never have I felt more on the losing end of a shifting world that I know will win out, but want nothing to do with that winning.

I have a very black pilled view of the future and see us as a species determined to snuff ourselves out in the next 5-10 generations, every time we find a new pandoras box it is in our nature to open them no matter the cost. Look at what the internet, social media, mobile phones have done to society and younger generations, society is circling the drain. My view is that religion as a common belief (I know many hate it) is the thing that kept us from going too far, and without it now it's no holds barred on pretty much anything and everything.

The way to look at things is just "may you live in interesting times", just enjoy the stupidity and novelty of it all. It's gonna happen regardless so why be upset about it.

When I was a kid I wanted to live forever, seeing how garbage things in general are going I don't think so anymore lol
[+]
By K123 2024-05-05 06:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 36 and I've never felt that the future was any more uncertain than it currently is. I'm a Professor in Industrial Design/Product Design but teach into other things like UX/Interior/Graphics. I was an early adopter and keep up to date as best as I can but things move faster than I can keep up with let alone have teaching materials to ensure students can somewhat.
My "brief introduction to AI" tools session last week covered 4 services (DreamStudio, Vizcom, KREA, and Tripo) because none of them do everything great, but each does something better than the other, and that's only scratching the surface of what is possible with more IT literacy and a bit of money to build a rig for generative AI.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-05-05 08:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
What a coincidence, I was about to watch this movie (for the first time) today, but decided to continue Succession instead!
By RadialArcana 2024-05-05 13:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply