Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata Clone?)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata clone?)
Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata clone?)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2024-05-03 10:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
I don't think they even are actually allowed to uncensor the outfits now, since the game was given a certification as they were and they can't just change that after launch now.

Lots of arguments going on about it on social media still.

Asura.Saevel said: »
The modding community will fix the problem once the PC release happens.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-05-03 15:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Now Sony wants to force Helldivers 2 players on PC to make Sony Accounts, or risk losing their progress..

*** Sony
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-03 15:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Really stupid the way Sony are acting lately, considering Xbox are gonna go all out next gen it's not a good idea to annoy people.
By Zehira 2024-05-03 15:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
*** Sony

Sony practically betrayed their own fanboys (and girls) by releasing their exclusives to PC.

Really stupid the way Sony are acting lately, considering Xbox are gonna go all out next gen it's not a good idea to annoy people.

Maybe Sony's next gen ps6 will be a 100% DirectX-powered console controlled by Microsoft. Xbox is just PC's little baby.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-03 18:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Butts

I mean, bump

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-05-03 18:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, which is why we know the outfit "changes" were on behalf of Sony. These guys are 100% into T&A.

By Pantafernando 2024-05-04 01:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally dont feel impressed with virtual bodies, but Stellar Blade is genuinelly making me interested.

In playing

Seems like something Palworld had: some controversy at start that seemed like the only thing to talk about, but the game was really well made and fun.

I guess, its the new tactics: publicly break common place, then earn more creative freedom.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-04 06:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

By Pantafernando 2024-05-04 07:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont want to be sexist (but already being), but i would prefer a fat man old dude doing the ranking instead.

She starts off almost embarassed by doing it!

The idea of this rank is really great though

Too technical also.

We dont want technicalities. We want lewdilities
By RadialArcana 2024-05-04 08:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The weird thing I noticed is women seem to love sexy games just much as men do (there is wall to wall women playing SB on youtube and Twitch), the mmorpgs I've played that had the most women are FF14, Tera, WoW and Black Desert and they almost always pick the best looking or cute characters to represent them. Thinking on it, the women I've met on XI that I know were women seem to disproportionately play Mithra actually. The sexy half naked character.

Games that are made to specifically not offer sexualized female characters like New World have almost no women playing them at all.

Funny how it works out, almost like this whole "women don't like it" is all made up by prudish dudes or something.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2024-05-04 08:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

I guess, its the new tactics: publicly break common place, then earn more creative freedom.
There's nothing new here. Entertaintment business has always done this.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-04 08:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

After 2020 there were always the risk of canceling if you went for that route.

What I see with Stellar Blade is the progressive weakening of this canceling culture.

I personally am against any canceling
By RadialArcana 2024-05-04 09:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The "canceling" is very specific.

The only time this stuff is seen as bad is if the character tries to cater to straight men specifically, if Eve had been shown as gay she would be lorded as a sexy gaming icon.

The other allowed type is big burly women, you can also show them as being sexy too.

I think they call it "safe horny", aka free pass.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-04 09:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Stellar Blade - Unidentified Naytiba No Damage Boss Fight (NG+, Hard Mode)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 13:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Plat the game last night
Somehow I got horny 0 times playing it despite the internet saying its a game for “gooners”

Amazing
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-17 05:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're looking for a spiritual successor to NieR and feel deeply unconvinced by stellar blade, give a chance to this:

https://youtu.be/ISmiWUpiDs4?si=I48qjh7xf_n1nMBw
By RadialArcana 2024-05-17 06:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
If you're looking for a spiritual successor to NieR and feel deeply unconvinced by stellar blade, give a chance to this:

https://youtu.be/ISmiWUpiDs4?si=I48qjh7xf_n1nMBw

The great appeal of Nier Automata was that on the surface it was a pretty and fun game, then once it hooked you it made you really love the characters and then told this sad nihilistic story. The writing really is amazing in the game, even the bosses have sad back stories.

It effectively conned you into playing an deeply emotional game designed to upset you.

Which is why a game that is upfront about being an emo simulator isn't going to do very well imo, very few people want that and it's hard to get attached to characters if you know what trick it's going to pull on you.

I loved Nier automata and what I said above aside, that game doesn't look very good to me and ultimately comes across like a sloppy made clone made by far less talented people. It lacks the charm in pretty much every area NA did. I was kind of surprised by the developer name on the steam page, cause it is obviously trying to appear like a Japanese company but it gave me a western vibe.

In reality they are Canadian, the appeal of JP games is their culture coming through in the game. So trying to appear to be Japanese when you're from Vancouver ain't it.

Stellar blade didn't come anywhere close to NA in terms of story either, but the game was fun to play.
By Afania 2024-05-17 08:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was kind of surprised by the developer name on the steam page, cause it is obviously trying to appear like a Japanese company but it gave me a western vibe.

In reality they are Canadian, the appeal of JP games is their culture coming through in the game. So trying to appear to be Japanese when you're from Vancouver ain't it.

Huh? The founder and creative director, Remy Siu, is an ethnic Chinese. And Art director, Kodai Yanagawa, is a Japanese with "native proficiency" according to his LinkedIn. You can find both of their LinkedIn profile if you Google it.

They didn't pretend to be a Japanese company on Steam page either. They only translate their company name into Chinese and put it on. Which is totally legit because the founder IS Chinese.

It's kinda ridiculous to be an ethnic Chinese living in Vancouver, make a game of your own culture, name your company in Chinese, then someone else accused you for "trying to appear Japanese" LOL.

cause it is obviously trying to appear like a Japanese company but it gave me a western vibe.

They didn't. It appears like a Japanese company because you can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese. Not their fault though.

Edit: it looks like their Artistic advisor is also Japanese. if they game feels like Japanese that's because the artists are.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-17 09:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved Nier automata and what I said above aside, that game doesn't look very good to me and ultimately comes across like a sloppy made clone made by far less talented people.

Nier is an AA game made by a much larger team, of course it'll have much higher quality than a 7 people indie studio....

That has nothing to do with "Talent".

Edit: I counted over a hundred people in NA's credit, excluding marketing/VA/localization. Their sound team size is almost unreal even for an AA game. Of course NA will have a much higher emotional impact because they have the one of the best music: this can make or break your emotional experience.

Of course a 7 people team won't compete without same level of resources.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-17 09:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Huh? The founder and creative director, Remy Siu, is an ethnic Chinese. And Art director, Kodai Yanagawa, is a Japanese with "native proficiency" according to his LinkedIn. You can find both of their LinkedIn profile if you Google it.

Culture not genetics, this is woke western slop game and they all live and work in Vancouver.

look at this crap

Quote:
sunset visitor 斜陽過客 is an independent studio based in Vancouver, Canada (located on the unceded, ancestral, and occupied traditional lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), and Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) Nations of the Coast Salish peoples).

Dedicated to telling diverse stories through the lens of speculative fiction, we are a group of majority Asian-Canadian diaspora creators with a decade of experience in dance, theatre, music, film, visual arts, and new media arts, bringing our background in the experimental performing arts to interactive media.

This is one of the most insufferable things I've read in a while, I'm surprised they could make a game with how much time they spend sniffing each others farts.
By Afania 2024-05-17 10:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Culture not genetics, this is woke western slop game and they all live and work in Vancouver.

look at this crap

What do you mean exactly? If you are a Chinese or Japanese who exposed to your culture and language native to you, so you decided to make something related to your culture, but you live or move to Vancouver, you are a "western woke"????

I legitimately don't know what to say.

Culture is not genetic but it is greatly affected by your background.

This is one of the most insufferable things I've read in a while,

Not sure what triggers you in the above statement lol. Why are you even mad lol.
By Afania 2024-05-17 10:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Radial, you do know that ethnic Chinese and Japanese in Vancouver ranged from "I was born in Vancouver with Chinese/Japanese parents, so I don't know jack ***about my parent's country" to "I live in China/Japan for 35 years of my life before I moved to Vancouver 3 years ago" right?

But all of them are "western woke" if they make a game from their own culture? I don't even know why are you overreacting on this....
By RadialArcana 2024-05-17 10:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you even mad lol.

I don't even know why are you overreacting on this....

Just gave my opinion cause it was compared to NA.
By Afania 2024-05-17 11:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you even mad lol.

I don't even know why are you overreacting on this....

Just gave my opinion cause it was compared to NA.

You gave your opinion about the game, and people's background.

The latter one is controversial.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-17 11:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nier Automata spiritual successor is called Megaman X
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-17 12:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played 1000xResist yet but there seems to be extremely positive opinions among those who did, especially for NieR fans.

For being the small team they are, I think the game looks nice. Sure it's not on par with a proper large team game, then again I doubt they never expected to be? Would be pretty dumb for us to expect the same.

Granted I can understand the feeling of our money, when we spend them, being worth the same regardless of such money going to a large team or a small team, that's totally understandable.
This game sells for under 19$ though so I think it's a more than acceptable compromise?

I plan to play it, the premises are exciting, hopefully it won't be a mere, boring attempt to imitate NieR, but something that captures its essence to develop its own identity.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-17 12:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Any game that doesnt give you a trophy for looking up the female protags skirt isnt a Nier Automata successor.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-17 14:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I read their Steam page, they never advertise their product as Nier Automata spiritual successor. They said Nier is one of the inspiration out of many, that's all.

It is those gaming journalists(again!) added the word spiritual successor to their articles for the clicks.

There is no need to compare an indie game made by 7 people with a 100+ people project nor attack developer's cultural background/talent for game journalist's words.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-17 15:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I read their Steam page, they never advertise their product as Nier Automata spiritual successor.
They didn't, but a lot of people spreading comments around are.

It kinda clicks on me I gotta say, but since I haven't played the game yet I can't really know.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10