Sticky Macros Missing?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sticky Macros Missing?
Sticky Macros Missing?
 Asura.Wolfemasters
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Wolfemasters 2024-02-11 11:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've quit playing and come back to this game so many times that whenever they update it, I feel like something always changes and it takes forever for me to find what it is and how I get it back to what I want.

Currently, that issue is that my macros don't stick like they used to. I play with a controller and when I would press one of the triggers, the macros would open and stay open. Now, for some reason, they only stay open if I hold the trigger.

I had yelled in game asking if anyone knew how to fix this issue and unfortunately, I found someone that knew what I was talking about, but couldn't find the resolution. I've checked everywhere I can think of to look for this feature and I can not find it anywhere. The other player said that she has hers set up the same as what I want (sticky macros) and her husband uses the other feature (press and hold). So I know they didn't remove it from the game, I just can't find the setting for it.

I feel like it's right there and I'm just overlooking it, but I'd appreciate it if ANYONE could help me figure it out.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-02-11 12:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What controller you using?

only see those option in game
By RadialArcana 2024-02-11 12:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an plugin in windower and ashita that removes the small delay when you press a macro on keyboard, turn that off or on depending what you're trying to get.

The addon makes keyboard macro use better but it also impacts controller in a way that was not intended. It's called delaymenot in windower plugins.
[+]
 Asura.Wolfemasters
By Asura.Wolfemasters 2024-02-11 12:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »

I'm using an Xbox One controller, same one that I used back when I played previously.
 Asura.Wolfemasters
By Asura.Wolfemasters 2024-02-11 12:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

DelayMeNot

That was the issue, thank you!

I turned it off and it stopped forcing me to hold the button. I now have my sticky macros back!
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-02-11 13:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »

*Triggers empy farming PTSD*