Did Ff16 Flop?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Did ff16 flop?
Did ff16 flop?
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24
By RadialArcana 2024-08-22 04:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The cracking scene has been dead for years. Denuvo is a billion dollar corporation and they hire ex crackers, of course they were gonna win. There are still some people in China and Russia working on it but it takes too long to do it now.

The reason piracy took off originally was there were so many good games coming out, something that isn't a problem anymore. Almost every western video game and movie now is trash, the only reason people consume them is cause they are trained to eat slop.

The problem with piracy coming to an end is companies are crap, and the moment they no longer have to be nice to consumers they won't be. Big sales were a direct result of piracy for instance.
By Taint 2024-08-22 07:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I picked up 16 again last night (busy with 11 and 14 during my very limited free time)

Anyways the CS/Battle with Ifrit was one of the coolest cinematic battles I have ever seen.

Even the dungeon before it was very well done.

SPOILER ALERT:
By Dodik 2024-08-22 08:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Good thing they're subjective.

Sure are.

What's not subjective is the hypocrisy of moaning about the morality of piracy on the one hand, while turning around and pirating games for $reasons on the other.
By Kaffy 2024-08-22 08:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I kept being reminded of Godzilla every time the summons did battle, which isn't a bad thing but it was definitely more like watching a movie than playing a FF game. On the other hand, some of the other fights like the behemoth when you were just playing Clive were extremely well done.

Story took a nosedive towards the end, but many FF have plot problems, nothing really worse than FF8 Ultimecia for example.

The big problem for me was replayability, there is basically none. Otherwise an enjoyable FF game, just not one of the "best".
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-22 08:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

By Jetackuu 2024-08-22 14:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Good thing they're subjective.

Sure are.

What's not subjective is the hypocrisy of moaning about the morality of piracy on the one hand, while turning around and pirating games for $reasons on the other.

Not at all.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-22 15:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaffy said: »
Story took a nosedive towards the end, but many FF have plot problems, nothing really worse than FF8 Ultimecia for example.

Yeah if your name isn't Kefka or Sephiroth, it's going to get wishy washy near the end.

I skimmed a playthrough over 3 hours yesterday and I'm extremely happy I didn't spend my own time actually playing any of this game. I can't say the combat in the demo looked like it ever got better. Use your moves on cooldown and play the movie CSs. The combat didn't look like that was going to be a highlight I was going to remember fondly in years to come. Here's hoping FFXVII is a lot more fun and memorable.

I'm about a week away from Visions of Mana and the feelings I get from it are totally different because it is my comfort food. It's still an action rpg, but I feel like they stuck the landing visually and I doubt the plot will be an issue. The dub might be though.
By Jetackuu 2024-08-22 17:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaffy said: »
nothing really worse than FF8 Ultimecia for example.
lolwut, that isn't a "plot problem" just people don't pay attention.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-22 17:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

FF12 is the worse plot problem in the franchise imo.

But this is mostly because so many troubles it had during development.

It would be easily one of the top stories for me if it hasnt fall flat half way to the end.

And if Vaan simply didnt exist.
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-08-22 17:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm Captain Basch!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24