Did Ff16 Flop?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Did ff16 flop?
Did ff16 flop?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-13 14:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of games do you consider masterpieces and/or good, GHN?
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-13 14:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I have been a huge fan of both companies. We all know FF is a much bigger IP than Souls. But Fromsoftware target fans while SE targets Tik Tokers who need to transform into Ifrit 5 mins into the game otherwise they will feel depressed.

FF WAS a larger IP than souls. You're only as funky as your last cut. Bloodborne showed everyone that Souls was getting big enough for something other than direct sequels and pivoting to most platforms with Elden Ring proved it.

More people knew about FF before Elden Ring, but honestly that's no longer one sided and current reputations matter more than past ones.

Yeah, that's what I said in terms of IP. You comparing a game from 20 years ago to a current one had nothing to do my analogy. My analogy was that one company's IP WAS vastly more superior than the other, but one of the companies remained true to its origin while the other went the "new audience", tik tok way.

The grotesque difference between these two companies is that while SE caved, From decided to go even more hardcore towards the fans of the IP. For example, Sekiro is probably SE hardest game. The new audience complained about Elden Ring being too difficult. Instead of adding a easy difficulty to Elden Ring, the DLC is said to have gone the Sekiro way where equipment doesn't make too much of a difference. From went full GIT GOOD mode because they believe that, while this might displease the newcomers, they can always rely on their player base.

I really don't understand what you're trying to convey and there aren't enough context clues to play mind reader over the internet
By Godfry 2024-05-13 14:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
You've just self owned. You're basically admitting the base game is easier then. To appeal to the tiktok masses lmao.

ER base game is much easier than Sekiro. This is not news. The Ringed City is much more difficult than the original Dark Souls 3, that's not new. BB DLC is orders of magnitude more difficult than the original. Them making Elden Ring DLC as difficult, if not more, as Sekiro was a surprise even for me, a hardcore fan.

But seems like you don't know what you are talking about.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 14:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He said Godskin Duo is a very difficult fight lol

A fight against two bosses that are easily susceptible to sleep and stay asleep literally forever.
The fat boss can be glitched so it does its roll into a ledge but never rolls up said ledge to kill you.

Git gud scrub
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-05-13 14:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

A fight against two bosses that are easily susceptible to sleep and stay asleep literally forever.

Git gud scrub

Wait what? Did he really say that? Let me go back.
By Afania 2024-05-13 14:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I did.. and we have had the same exchange many times before. Even on this exact thread and elsewhere. I have said many times that SE would be much better off by creating new titles and maintaining FF IP closer to the fans are used to.

Sure. You are free to voice your opinion about FF's direction. Just don't make statements like "FF sells worse than Elden ring because it doesn't stay true to its root...."

There are absolutely zero evidence to prove that a turn-based non-pokemon jrpg has the potential to sell 23m copies in less than 1 year. It has never happen yet. A JRPG selling a few million copies or even 10m? Quite possible. 23m? Very very unlikely atm. You need a really big player demographic and preference shift to have that happening, which isn't going to happen soon.

So what's the point to compare Elden ring sales with any JRPG at all? No point.

You will hardly ever come across a Dark Souls fan that's not looking forward to the next From game. But this thread alone is loaded with people that grew up around FF and haven't played the last 5-6 FF titles.

Different genre, different situation.

Souls like market size has been growing since DS 1 while jrpg target audience is splitting into different groups as narrative games no longer belongs to jrpg genre.

I used to play many turn based jrpg in the 90s and loved them, these days I don't find them give me enough dopamine rush compare with hard action games or rogue-like. I rarely play turn-based jrpg now, when I tried them I just can't get into it.

I am pretty sure I am not the only one who changed genre preference.

Basically, some people choose to leave turn based jrpg genre as more choices are available now. Jrpg market size is not growing much unlike souls like.

Of course you'll see souls players stick with Elden ring dlc since they are the mainstream. but FF players may split into different groups as this genre having less influence than before. FF target audience splitting is the result of jrpg target audience splitting imo.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-13 14:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

A fight against two bosses that are easily susceptible to sleep and stay asleep for literally forever.

Git gud scrub

Ah, the guy who uses "" because actually using the website traditional quote will expose his dishonesty. I compared the Godskin Duo to DS3 bosses. I never said it was very difficult. And how did you know first hand that it was susceptible to sleep?

By watching this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NHZTuJ5jg

You also watched HOw to Getz Opz ERLy? lmao
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 14:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't how any boss in DS3 is harder than Godskin duo, Maliketh and Radagon followed by the Elden Beast. From optional bosses Malenia is much more difficult than Midir, Friede and Gael (or at least on the same level).

Happy?
By Godfry 2024-05-13 14:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't how any boss in DS3 is harder than Godskin duo, Maliketh and Radagon followed by the Elden Beast. From optional bosses Malenia is much more difficult than Midir, Friede and Gael (or at least on the same level).

Where is the "I find them very difficult"? Talk about being dishonest ey mate?
By Godfry 2024-05-13 14:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

But you did provide the reason why you think Elden Ring is so easy. You probably slept Godskin duo in your very first pass through.

Godskin Duo Sleep Pot Boss Cheese Strategy. Don't forget to like and subscribe.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 14:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You put those 3 on an elevated tier of difficulty compared to “any boss in DS3”, what you were implying was very clear.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-13 15:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Elden Ring sold off the souls-like brand. Pokemon sells because of its brand, Call of Duty does. All popular IP's do. 11 did, WoW did.

You can tell if sales are from brand or from the game being good, day 1 are brand buying. Sales after launch are cause the game is good.

Most of Elden Rings sales were after. FF16 sales numbers fell off a cliff after launch.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-13 15:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You put those 3 on an elevated tier of difficulty compared to “any boss in DS3”, what you were implying was very clear.

Because the main bosses in DS3 are rather less challenging compared to the optional ones. Furthermore, much easier compared to BB and Sekiro.

The main argument was that Elden Ring main path is just as difficult as DS3. Whether or not you find it easy, it's really up to you. I find it a decent pace, challenge wise.

But hey, I didn't sleep Godskin duo as soon as I saw them.
By Godfry 2024-05-13 15:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
You can tell if sales are from brand or from the game being good, day 1 are brand buying. Sales after launch are cause the game is good.

Most of Elden Rings sales were after. FF16 sales numbers fell off a cliff after launch.

I could have not said it better.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-13 15:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
The most difficult content is entirely optional. If you are having trouble with something...just leave. Go do something else, and if you don't ever want to go back to the trouble spot, you don't have to. You can beat the game without breaking a sweat.

You are definitely the audience to "How to become OP early in the game" videos.

In the main path of both games, I don't how any boss in DS3 is harder than Godskin duo, Maliketh and Radagon followed by the Elden Beast. From optional bosses Malenia is much more difficult than Midir, Friede and Gael (or at least on the same level).

No boss in DS3 can be put to sleep with a single, crafted consumable, and is then so weak to bleeding while also sharing a health bar. Also no boss in DS3 that you can encounter upwards of 5 times prior to, including one gauntlet rendition, before their forced encounter. That's Godskin Duo.

As for the other bosses... yeah, they're more difficult than most DS3 endgame boss encounters. At least until you use Spirit Ash summons, some of which are so powerful at +10 that they could solo some of those bosses (Chiefly Black Knife Tiche and the original version of the Mimic Tear).

Elden Ring took the path of upping the ante with every regard. Bigger world. More bosses. More spells. More weapons. More weapon arts. More customization. More items. Crafting. Etc. For as hard as they made the bosses, their increased difficulty only really becomes apparent when you do a self-limiting challenge run (or self limit through stubbornness). If you use everything available to you in Elden Ring, then it is worlds easier than prior entries in the series.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-13 15:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Vyre, all the things you said above, from a first play through perspective, require you watching videos or reading tutorials to find that out.

You cannot tell me that in your first path you went and got mimic, then you slept and bled Godskin duo because it just makes no sense. My first pass I didn't even have mimic. My second I didn't know mimic was actually good.

Pretending to have known these things off the bat is an entirely new discussion.
By GetHelpNerd 2024-05-13 15:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Elden Ring sold off the souls-like brand. Pokemon sells because of its brand, Call of Duty does. All popular IP's do. 11 did, WoW did.

once again, pains me to agree with radial.

ff16 is garbage, sorry simps
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-05-13 15:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

But hey, I didn't sleep Godskin duo as soon as I saw them.

Obviously, you have never had to ES Sleepga II before.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 15:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres literally a tutorial at the first bonfire showing you how to craft things lol
By Godfry 2024-05-13 15:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres literally a tutorial at the first bonfire showing you how to craft things lol

And which "get OP early" video did you watch that told you sleep and bleed the Godskin duo? lol.

Dude.. if you say you slept Godskin in you very first encounter, you don't need to elaborate any further, know. I know what your youtube history looked like when Elden Ring came out.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 15:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt
But bold of you to assume things
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 15:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Youre very defensive over this godskin duo thing you got called out on.

Did i strike a nerve and now youre needing to project onto others?
By Viciouss 2024-05-13 15:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't bleed them, but I absolutely slept the duo on my first playthrough. Didn't need a video, just common sense and experience playing Souls games. And Final Fantasy games. Multiple mobs coming at you, sleep them. Who would have thought a skill-gap would emerge in this thread.
By Godfry 2024-05-13 15:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Youre very defensive over this godskin duo thing you got called out on.

Did i strike a nerve and now youre needing to project onto others?

Lmao... you said it's easy coz u ken sleepz it Lmaozer...

Then you get put against the wall as to how you knew they were sleepable in the first place, and now you come up with a "I was raped at work" response. Come on Nynja...
By RadialArcana 2024-05-13 15:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not garbage, some people liked it.

The point was that it should have been its own IP and not FF16.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-13 15:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

now you come up with a "I was raped at work" response. Come on Nynja...
Wat?
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-13 15:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I didn't bleed them, but I absolutely slept the duo on my first playthrough. Didn't need a video, just common sense and experience playing Souls games. And Final Fantasy games. Multiple mobs coming at you, sleep them. Who would have thought a skill-gap would emerge in this thread.

LMAOOOOOOOOOO....... WHich other boss in DS HISTORY made it so intuitive to sleep them? Ornstein & Smog?

Dude... you and Nynja just turned yourselves in.
By Godfry 2024-05-13 15:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not garbage, some people liked it.

Yeah.. Fully agree. It's garbage in my opinion. Some people loved it. Some people I expected to have hated it loved it. I think it's garbage because I also think that DMC is garbage.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-13 15:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Vyre, all the things you said above, from a first play through perspective, require you watching videos or reading tutorials to find that out.

You cannot tell me that in your first path you went and got mimic, then you slept and bled Godskin duo because it just makes no sense. My first pass I didn't even have mimic. My second I didn't know mimic was actually good.

Pretending to have known these things off the bat is an entirely new discussion.
Actually, it is entirely possible to have that knowledge on a first playthrough. I've been play Souls games since 2012, and I went back and bought and played original Demon's Souls as well.

If you actually become familiar with the structure of a Fromsoft world, then it's not really hard to figure out "secrets" nor is it hard to try different things. Nor is it hard to try and find every nook and cranny.

On my first playthrough I didn't sleep the Godskin Duo, but I sure as ***had the super easy to find Mimic Tear. You find it naturally exploring Nokstella during Ranni's questline, which is also not hard to follow. I also had dual wielded cold and bleed great swords.

Just because you have an extremely linear experience where you find almost nothing in a first playthrough doesn't mean other people do, lol. Get real.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-13 15:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

DMC is garbage.

Lies ;(

Why hate on DMC? ;(
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24