Gallimaufry As A Global Currency.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Gallimaufry as a global currency.
Gallimaufry as a global currency.
First Page 2 3
By smii 2024-01-06 12:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

First let's pretend SE cares more about FFXI, then lets assume you can unlock this with some moogle quest when you beat TVR.

From that point any and all NMs from any and all item level content would give some amount of galli based on difficulty, while time gated end game NMs from endgame stuff would give more. Then put a multiplier on it for the amount of people in the party to incentivize invites and fill groups, even if they're carries. Even the isolated multi-boxers would want to play with strangers. Stick it in all endgame related RoEs to further drive people to get active. Stick it in the deeds stuff to really keep people pumping those monthly subs.

This would give new motivation to all existing worth while content and give people a really good reason to group with strangers for content across the difficulty range. It would put new and returning players on the the path to invites and items without giving it away. It would allow everyone wider access to get some +3 pieces and weapon progress. All of this is more community interaction at all levels of endgame play, and Sortie would still be king because of points provided daily and upgrade items. Anyway that's my pipe dream to fix the game, followed by a single unified AH across all servers and free transfers off Asura. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-01-06 13:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If we've learned anything in the last few months, it's that the devs really love their forced daily engagement. There's no sense in dreaming of a world where people can just play FFXI at whatever pace they feel like; it's all about that daily login metric.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-06 15:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not just that. This is their last carrot to keep people subbed. Even though primes are gated by the 6 month lockout on Psyche's, really only the cream of the crop are good enough to get enough Galli at a quick enough rate to match that lockout timer.
By Taint 2024-01-06 16:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Its beyond the cream of the crop, its borderline insane to do Sortie every day and pretend its a good use of an hour of your life.

The HM Aminion lockout is great, thats the get good part. The rest is just mindless running for 40 minutes with 20 minutes of engagement.

Its such a simple fix IMO, lower the Galli requirement, up the drop requirement.

Stage 2: 10 Eikondrite
Stage 3: 10 Octahedrite + 10 Eikondrite + 100k Galli
Stage 4: 10 Hexahedrite + 10 Octahedrite + 10 Eikondrite + 500k Galli
Stage 5: 10 Mesosiderite + 10 Hexahedrite + 10 Octahedrite + 10 Eikondrite + 1,000,000 Galli (still a mean grind)

Keep the Voracious Psyche requirement.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-01-06 16:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
If we've learned anything in the last few months, it's that the devs really love their forced daily engagement. There's no sense in dreaming of a world where people can just play FFXI at whatever pace they feel like; it's all about that daily login metric.

Yup, if they haven't listened when the complaint was ody, doubt theyll listen when its sortie, login and do your dailies player

I just want more canteen systems SE
By K123 2024-01-06 16:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Its beyond the cream of the crop, its borderline insane to do Sortie every day and pretend its a good use of an hour of your life.

The HM Aminion lockout is great, thats the get good part. The rest is just mindless running for 40 minutes with 20 minutes of engagement.

Its such a simple fix IMO, lower the Galli requirement, up the drop requirement.

Stage 2: 10 Eikondrite
Stage 3: 10 Octahedrite + 10 Eikondrite + 100k Galli
Stage 4: 10 Hexahedrite + 10 Octahedrite + 10 Eikondrite + 500k Galli
Stage 5: 10 Mesosiderite + 10 Hexahedrite + 10 Octahedrite + 10 Eikondrite + 1,000,000 Galli (still a mean grind)

Keep the Voracious Psyche requirement.
I don't think they should decrease the quantity required, prefer they increased the quantity granted (e.g. 20k per basement boss) and had a triple points campaign every now and then that's a week long.
By gavroches 2024-01-06 18:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What they should really do is monitor the member in your PT, if it’s the same 5 day before then -50% penalty, if it’s 5 different then +150% muffins. Tired of only the static can get a run and everyone else get a “veteran only, sorry”. They should promote inclusion in a way.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-06 18:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

gavroches said: »
What they should really do is monitor the member in your PT, if it’s the same 5 day before then -50% penalty, if it’s 5 different then +150% muffins. Tired of only the static can get a run and everyone else get a “veteran only, sorry”. They should promote inclusion in a way.

You'd feel very differently about this if you had 5 friends who you wanted to play with.
[+]
By gavroches 2024-01-06 19:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch
By fillerbunny9 2024-01-06 19:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Empyrean upgrades need to be moved off Gallimauffrey if they want to keep the batshit insane numbers for Prime weapons. you are disincentivized from upgrading your armor because it literally pushes your weapon progress further off.
[+]
 Asura.Bootus
Server: Asura
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2024-01-06 20:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Empyrean upgrades need to be moved off Gallimauffrey if they want to keep the batshit insane numbers for Prime weapons. you are disincentivized from upgrading your armor because it literally pushes your weapon progress further off.

Really? A full set of Empyrean +3 is 400,000 gallimaufry. A stage 5 Prime is 8,520,000 gallimaufry. I could see this argument for stage 3 since that's just over 1,000,000 but if we're talking fully upgraded then the 400k is a pretty small amount comparatively. You could fully upgrade nearly every job's Empyrean gear for the same investment of one Prime weapon.

Empyrean gear being on Gallimaufrey isn't the issue here; it's the ludicrous sums of Gallimaufrey needed for the last couple of Prime upgrades.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-06 20:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

"A prime weapon is only 200 days of sortie, taking out 7 days out of that is pretty small comparatively"
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2024-01-06 20:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention most people still playing have at least 5-10 really well geared jobs which is needed for oddy progression. Many have 10+ jobs.

8 sets of empy is 3.2m tomfoolery @400k per set.

Never made sense they tied empy upgrade and prime upgrade currency together.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2024-01-06 20:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bootus said: »

Really? A full set of Empyrean +3 is 400,000 gallimaufry. A stage 5 Prime is 8,520,000 gallimaufry. I could see this argument for stage 3 since that's just over 1,000,000 but if we're talking fully upgraded then the 400k is a pretty small amount comparatively. You could fully upgrade nearly every job's Empyrean gear for the same investment of one Prime weapon.

Empyrean gear being on Gallimaufrey isn't the issue here; it's the ludicrous sums of Gallimaufrey needed for the last couple of Prime upgrades.

and every piece of Empyrean armor you +3 is setting you back another 1-2 days on whatever stage of your weapon you are working on. you pick up a job that is needed for whatever reason? well, that's another ~2 weeks on your weapon grind. you're right, comparatively as a whole, it isn't a lot, but every piece you upgrade takes a bit more time from your weapon, as Sapphires and Starstones filter into your inventory unable to be used, because you don't want to add another week onto the pile.
[+]
By Tanag 2024-01-06 21:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That's also assuming you are capable of max points per run. Not everyone is getting that.
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-06 21:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

and every piece of Empyrean armor you +3 is setting you back another 1-2 days on whatever stage of your weapon you are working on. you pick up a job that is needed for whatever reason? well, that's another ~2 weeks on your weapon grind. you're right, comparatively as a whole, it isn't a lot, but every piece you upgrade takes a bit more time from your weapon, as Sapphires and Starstones filter into your inventory unable to be used, because you don't want to add another week onto the pile.

I'm struggling to understand why people are looking at it as 'delaying prime weapon'. The performance gained from upgrading immediately, leads to increased galli gains in the long run. Also highly likely that you're doing better in Ody, DynaD, Omen or whatever else you enjoy doing in the game.

If I'm upset at SE, it's for NOT delaying content. I know, but hear me out...

If SE put a delay between the release of +2 and +3 armor, players would have had ample time to make progress on gear. The weapons could have come in the final wave and nobody would have known any better.

Instead, we got it rapid fire and it made people think there was actually a choice that really isn't.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-06 21:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
If SE put a delay between the release of +2 and +3 armor,
+2 released Aug 2022
+3 released Oct 2022
Stage 3 prime weapons released May 2023

Thats definitely a delay.
By fillerbunny9 2024-01-06 21:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm struggling to understand why people are looking at it as 'delaying prime weapon'. The performance gained from upgrading immediately, leads to increased galli gains in the long run. Also highly likely that you're doing better in Ody, DynaD, Omen or whatever else you enjoy doing in the game.

it will improve your performance in content other than sortie, so it does not improve your Gallimaufry gains whatsoever, unless you are a one job kinda person. those of us that are working on Ody. 20s and 25s still have to weigh how much will and will not be worth it on five or six other jobs. all of a sudden a pressing bill for 1.6 million Gallimaufry taken away from your Prime weapon progress seems like a rather big deal.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-06 22:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
If SE put a delay between the release of +2 and +3 armor,
+2 released Aug 2022
+3 released Oct 2022
Stage 3 prime weapons released May 2023

I distinctly remember before +3 empy came out, I was doing *** pieces of +2 empy I didn't care about, because I had maxed muffins and nothing to spend it on. I played ~8 jobs at the time? Maybe 9 IDR.
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2024-01-06 22:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
it's all about that daily login metric.

That's the problem with metric/benchmark, once something become a benchmark its no longer a valid benchmark.

If you judges a school by how many "A"s their students get, schools will start to inflate grade to appear better when really the school is failing. If SE's investors judge the health of FFXI by the daily login metric, SE will incentivize you to login to massage their number making the game seems healthy to investors while the game is probably the most boring its been in years.
By Tanag 2024-01-06 22:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I distinctly remember before +3 empy came out, I was doing *** pieces of +2 empy I didn't care about, because I had maxed muffins and nothing to spend it on. I played ~8 jobs at the time? Maybe 9 IDR.

Congrats on having zero Game:Life balance. Most players don't have this.

Sortie is very out of sorts with how FFXI has been operated for 20+ years. Dailies were basically not a thing till semi-recently.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2024-01-06 22:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention it's dailies that require full attention for the full hour, running around like a moron.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-06 22:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanag said: »
Dailies were basically not a thing till semi-recently.
Cap. C A P

I hate repeating this ***, but dailies were absolutely a thing:

Voidwatch: daily, unlimited accruement
Salvage: daily
Assault: daily, accruement up to 4
Limbus: daily
ISNM: daily
ANNM: daily
Campaign Ops: daily, accruement up to 7
Sky was the prime endgame content for Zilart, entirely open world and you had multiple groups up there vying for 8 NM's that dropped god triggers on a 2-4 hour respawn timer, and then the gods had a sixteen minute respawn timer (LOL).
"No, you forgot about kings, they were zilart engame"
Good, you mentioned Kings, guess what: Daily, and you sat around for up to THREE BUMBAKLAAT *** HOURS waiting for the thing to spawn.
Talkin about "this isnt how the game has operated for 20+ years". On top of that up to three hour wait for one NM, you possibly did it a second AND third time depending on what day KB and Aspid were at.

I also hate repeating this ***:
Delve came out with no restriction and it was the prime endgame content at the time. The haijins capped out within a week and unsubbed until new content came out a couple months later. Obviously SE didnt like people deactivating.

That was the first and last time SE gave un-gated content that didnt come paired with ridiculously low drop rates / a massive grind. SR had unlimited access, but the random nature of the content meant no one was capping out anytime soon.

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Not to mention it's dailies that require full attention for the full hour, running around like a moron.
Salvage was a daily that had you running around for up to 100 minutes with some/all your equipment locked out. You had to stock up on meds to make sure you could survive naked fighting bare handed until your whm got their Precipitatio cell.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-06 23:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that we've established that there were plenty of dailies back then, do you know whats changed in those last 20 years?

You did.

You're not a teenager / early 20 year old. You're an adult now. You have adult responsibilities and ***that disrespects your time is a lot more noticeable to you.
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-06 23:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Barely. Not really enough to buffer gear unless you play every day.

it does not improve your Gallimaufry gains whatsoever, unless you are a one job kinda person.

It doesn't matter how many jobs you play. Every job you get armor for is performing better anywhere you take it. You choose which pieces you want so you can direct that performance at whichever job/content you prefer. Since galli seems so important I'd assume you'd prioritize jobs you use in Sortie.
By Tanag 2024-01-06 23:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvage: Potentially daily for try-hards, but keeping up assault points and entering daily was not realistic for most players. A far comparison to Sortie
Assault: Tags were stored, so not a daily
Limbus: Was 72 hours on release, so not daily
ISNM: Nobody felt the need to do this daily and not fall behind
ANNM: Nobody felt the need to do this daily and not fall behind
Campaign Ops: Nobody felt the need to do this daily and not fall behind, and as you said accruement
Sky: Group content that could be gathered at leisure in smaller groups. My group certainly split up to farm pop items and we'd meet every few days to kill gods. I suppose try hards could do it daily but in reality, no one did and it was not expected.
Kings: Daily I guess for the poor sucker slapped with recording the death time. Most players were not bothered unless it hit day 3 or 4.

Additionally, most of those events had such abhorrent drops rates you didn't feel like you were missing out if you skipped the odd day. And even if you did, the time comparison is bonkers.

Calling any of them dailies is laughable.

I don't disagree that my time is more valuable now, but the older content does not compare to the current daily login style they are pushing. Suggesting so is outright wrong.

It's obvious some higher-ups at SE is hooked on KPIs, and it's an absolute detriment to the game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2024-01-06 23:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that we've established that there were plenty of dailies back then, do you know whats changed in those last 20 years?

You did.

You're not a teenager / early 20 year old. You're an adult now. You have adult responsibilities and ***that disrespects your time is a lot more noticeable to you.

EXACTLY. We have lives, kids and wives. *** sortie. (for primes) can already beat everything in the game without a prime.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-06 23:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanag said: »
Salvage: Potentially daily for try-hards, but keeping up assault points and entering daily was not realistic.
You really thought you cooked with that reply, didnt you?

Odyssey / Sortie: Potentially daily for try-hards
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-06 23:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nynja you got that goalpost gif? I think we need it...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-06 23:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha fam
First Page 2 3