user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 17:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its probably all the Emp weapon trophies:
Briar Helm
Orth Claw
Apad Horn
etc

The real question is the amount given per kupon.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 17:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to update every 6 hours at 6 and 12

06am 20k
12pm 210k
06pm 260k
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-12-12 17:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
People keep saying the rewards aren't worth it. The rewards aren't worth it for YOU for others it maybe. Dark matter is useless to me always has been and will be never got ***from it does it mean people shouldn't do it? Like if it's not worth it for you go do something else.
I literally said twice that dark matter plus is probably the only campaign worth the grind of extending (cause its a daily lockout), and then he references this exact campaign event as “its not worth it for YOU”

I cant even.
Inb4: “hes not talkin to you”
Hes replied to me every time in this thread.

Yes dyna and omen also have their own lockout. Statue crusher aint ***, sorry but half a stack of rusted and black cards aint doin much. omen card is indeed solid for someone who needs card still, an extra 3 days is like 5 or 6 extra cards.

Nothing else is time gated. If you need plasm, just do *** delve when the campaign is there instead of vanabout, hoping it will be there next month. You need REMA stones, do HTMB when the campaign is live, dont waste your time on vanabout hoping itll pop up next month.

You are literally not doing X, just to have more time to do X.
Replied to you and others you whining about this not being worth it so then just don't do it. Trying to make everyone pitchfork and say yes he right noone do it and rebel is stupid and pointless. News flash you aint the only one bitching about it on here nor are you the only one to say its not worth it.

inb4: You just all over SE and will take anything. Far from it but if people find enjoyment out of it let them have it.
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-12-12 17:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully this months is ambu related, then they will switch it up on a rotation with other events with related rewards (Sortie/omen/dyna/domain invasion??)

The timing of a "spam ambu" event immediately after we've all drained froggy of every last hallmark makes it extra unappealing
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-12-12 17:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the concept of the system and I was genuinely looking forward to its roll out with hopes that it may be worth doing. Just poor execution, nothing stands out reward wise that makes me want to do this daily. <Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass> SE.

I did the 10 daily objectives today to gauge how long it would take. Because you have to do at least normal x3 and screw around with the other random objectives. It took me about 30 minutes between the 3 KI's and getting objectives done. I'll save myself the 6 hours over 12 days and just buy a stack of beitetsu lol.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 17:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right. Its stupid to make everyone pitchfork (even though no one is doing this), because even if we tell SE how asinine the effort to reward is, they wont give a ***, because were saying "the effort to reward ratio is terrible" and not "努力と報酬の比率がひどい"

Edit: apparently people here are fluent in Chinese and Japanese. I've edited the text that was Chinese that was intended to be Japanese.
I will now go commit Harry Carey.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 17:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SE looking at feedback from non-JP players:

Ha just kidding,
That implies that SE actually looked at the feedback from non-JP players.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-12-12 17:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
I like the concept of the system and I was genuinely looking forward to its roll out with hopes that it may be worth doing. Just poor execution, nothing stands out reward wise that makes me want to do this daily. <Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass> SE.

I did the 10 daily objectives today to gauge how long it would take. Because you have to do at least normal x3 and screw around with the other random objectives. It took me about 30 minutes between the 3 KI's and getting objectives done. I'll save myself the 6 hours over 12 days and just buy a stack of beitetsu lol.
Ya thats kinda how I see it if its not for me ill just go back to doing whatever and not caring. I've watch people complain this is too annoying for 6 boxers and what not then just don't do it. Maybe SE will see people aren't happy and change it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 17:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SE put FFXI in maintenance mode, which means dev time is even MORE limited compared to how it was before, which was already very limited. How dare we comment on the very limited developer time being used for poorly thought out events??

Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-12-12 17:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what you right im wrong. This ***is trash and SE is trash. Won't respond to your stuff anymore
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 17:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe SE will see people aren't happy and change it.

Not if the Stans keep doing it. Keep doing trash you'll keep getting trash.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-12-12 17:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Maybe SE will see people aren't happy and change it.

Not if the Stans keep doing it. Keep doing trash you'll keep getting trash.
Been doing trash for over 20 years don't think people gonna leave anytime seen i'd imagine
[+]
By Draylo 2023-12-12 17:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they will see how many people are not doing it and make adjustments. The idea itself is not bad, but daily was not necessary imo. It feels almost like a trophy system or something extra to spice up events, some of them are cool like a speedrun one or the no deaths one. Needs to be weekly, less per objective and needs to be different reward, maybe vanity gear.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-12-12 18:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 2 glavoid shells from my kupon
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2023-12-12 18:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right. Its stupid to make everyone pitchfork (even though no one is doing this), because even if we tell SE how asinine the effort to reward is, they wont give a ***, because were saying "the effort to reward ratio is terrible" and not "努力與回報的比率很糟糕"

Why is a Japanese company responding in Chinese?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 18:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfaooo
I didnt even look at what language it was set to, I just saw the symbols and said "yup, looks right".

But to answer your question: they care more about the RMT than the non-JP players.
By Seun 2023-12-12 18:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »
You're right. Its stupid to make everyone pitchfork (even though no one is doing this), because even if we tell SE how asinine the effort to reward is, they wont give a ***, because were saying "the effort to reward ratio is terrible" and not "努力與回報的比率很糟糕"

Why is a Japanese company responding in Chinese?

Maybe it's the same team they outsourced development of FFXIV to?

Why ride a チョコボ when you could ride a 馬鳥 instead?
By Tarage 2023-12-12 20:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that it is still at 1% means it's going to fail. It needs to be at LEAST 5% today or it isn't happening.

They shot themselves in the foot making this non-repeatable. Now the people who would normally grind for ***can't because of the daily lockout.

SE had one job: Make the first one easy. If it fails, they are less likely to continue to throw resources behind a failing event. Imagine if no one ever showed up to fight the dragon.

All they had to do was make the first hurdle easily passable. This event is done.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-12-12 20:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
I got 2 glavoid shells from my kupon

2?! 100% not worth it. No one is even going to bother trying.
 Asura.Yasova
user: Nobility
By Asura.Yasova 2023-12-12 20:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

can you trade impish box between mules? want to know if its worth it to grab one off login
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-12 20:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

according to BG Wiki they're not POL sendable... unfortunately
[+]
By Tarage 2023-12-12 20:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I guess the consolidation is the JP side thinks it's impossible and hates it too. They coined a hilarious phrase for it too.

It's not Vana'bout, it's Vana'out.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-12 20:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you point us to the JP thread where they're dissatisfied? I'd love to give it a read
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 20:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
The fact that it is still at 1% means it's going to fail. It needs to be at LEAST 5% today or it isn't happening.
To be fair, there's still the Round thats probably not fulfilled by many people, but that's worth only a day and a half worth of pts.

The next update is in 15 minutes, so we'll see how it looks.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 20:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's mild annoyance at best.

Forum in JP
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61244-%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BB%E3%83%90%E3%82%A6%E3%83%88%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6%E8%AA%9E%E3%82%8B%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC/page3

Google trans
https://forum-square--enix-com.translate.goog/ffxi/threads/61244-%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BB%E3%83%90%E3%82%A6%E3%83%88%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6%E8%AA%9E%E3%82%8B%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC/page3?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Basically; it takes 1.1m points per day, we're at 1% "it's impossible" "setting roes sucks balls" "not good enough rewards" "*** daily" "congestion you know better"

Everything I've said, but in japanse.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-12 20:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Learned a few things tonight while messing about:
BRD MBs don't count (might need to do damage)
SMN BPs don't count for doing damage
500 HP nukes are reasonably easy to get on a job with a nuking set, but a bit rough without one (my BLU did it with Thunder 1, but PLD was struggling)

Also learned the flan is a total pussy, he died way too fast, need to use lower level weapons or stop swapping gear when WSing him. I did like 2 SCs and he was dead
By Hopalong 2023-12-12 20:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Of course they want to see how much you'll degrade yourself for the absolute minimum.

That's what you pay for.

I'm not against you man, but jesus christ you need to disengage if this is your best observation. You're right here with us, so feels like you're just talking to yourself.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 20:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Can you point us to the JP thread where they're dissatisfied? I'd love to give it a read
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61244-%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BB%E3%83%90%E3%82%A6%E3%83%88%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6%E8%AA%9E%E3%82%8B%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC?p=657476#post657476

I found this one, and there is definitely a lot more dissatisfaction compared to satisfaction.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 20:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Quote:
Of course they want to see how much you'll degrade yourself for the absolute minimum.

That's what you pay for.

I'm not against you man, but jesus christ you need to disengage if this is your best observation. You're right here with us, so feels like you're just talking to yourself.

Used to be, that's how I know. Outside looking in.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-12-12 20:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
Leave it to SE to f*ck up implementing a monthly free battle pass.

If the rewards were good(Bonanza weapons, rainbow pells, big muffins) then adding new daily objectives/chores to work towards them would be fine.

If the scope of the objectives was relaxed(weekly vs daily, not ambu specific) to where players could hit them while playing their usual content, then having mediocre or just 'nice-to-have' rewards is fine.

As is? Worst of both; They're asking players to spend a solid chunk of time doing new daily chores for relatively mediocre rewards. If you enjoy it, more power to you, but this feels like a continuation of the post-Sortie trend of SE having zero respect for its players' time.

Think about how little effort and upkeep it would be for them to run monthly mog bonanzas and permanent daily DM augs. They could guarantee monthly subs with nothing more than a quasi gambling addiction, but instead we get the punishment gameshow.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20